TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Was the ticket shack demolished, or pulled out for restoration? They have been doing a pretty good job restoring ghost town lately...hope this is part of that.

Same. Well, they did remove, rehab, and return the Catawumpus.

^They can ANNOUNCE anything they want...What the park needs to remain a powerhouse in the market is to ACTUALLY BUILD something. Something large. Rip out everything minus Ghost Town and Xcelerator if need be!

they could rip out Xcelerator and I wouldn't cry. Its cool, but it takes up an awful lot of space for such a short ride. I'd still take the Soap Box Derby over it any day.

Knotts will loose a lot of attendance in 2012 if they don't announce anything. USH has Transformers to look forward to and it also has the Harry Potter world coming soon. SFMM is also announcing Lex Luthers drop of doom. If Knotts wants to keep their attendance up than they are going to have to announce something MAJOR soon.

Guys, attendance at Knott's is not going to simply nosedive in one season just because other SoCal parks announce new attractions and Knott's doesn't. They'll be just fine and won't be "left in the dust."

Wait- here's an idea! Why doesn't Cedar Fair just announce that they will be putting California's Great America INSIDE Knott's Berry Farm! Solves two problems for CF and then Knott's will never decline....

Knotts will loose a lot of attendance in 2012 if they don't announce anything. USH has Transformers to look forward to and it also has the Harry Potter world coming soon. SFMM is also announcing Lex Luthers drop of doom. If Knotts wants to keep their attendance up than they are going to have to announce something MAJOR soon.

um, you do realize that with all these additions will provide tourist to come, and possibly visit Knott's. Every year that Disney puts something in, Knott's in return gets a boost in attendance as well, simply by the proximity the two parks share.

I don't see that not putting anything in this year is a liability for Knott's.

I don't see that not putting anything in this year is a liability for Knott's.

Honestly I would normally agree with you, but I think with both Universal and Sea World (and even SFMM to an extent) getting new attractions next year, Knott's will take a hit. Not anything substantial, but I definitely think that people (local families) thinking of heading to Disneyland for Carsland might head to SWSD or USH having new attractions over Knott's with nothing terribly new.