TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hey everyone!

West Coast Bash 2012 will be on....

Saturday, February 18th - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sunday, February 19th - Knott's Berry Farm

MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!!!

Keep in mind that this is also "Presidents Day Weekend", so many of you may have Monday off work or school! This could make for a great "weekend getaway!"

Make your plans now! And if you need any more help from us, please ask!

Details about the event will be released soon, but you can be sure it will be filled with Exclusive Ride Time, Backstage Tours, Great Food, and Good Times!

You will not want to miss this event! See you at WCB 2012!

I'm sure that there will be plenty to share during whatever Q&A session they put together. I'm in the same boat as most of you. You look at Bullet as the last aggressive thrill attraction back in 2004* (essentially 2005); going into 2012, we're looking at 7-8 years without a contribution to the park's high thrill category. I'm sure something's in store for the park, but I as well hope that the timeline for whatever the park will get is in the beginging of the 2012 fiscal year.

Theres not much land left at Knotts to build a new attraction because the park itself is landlocked. I just wonder how Knotts can build a major attraction without removing other rides?

I think people play RCT to much and think you have to have a lot of open space to put in a ride. Ever seen Blackpool?

Hmmm. There's

A.Behind/over Bigfoot Rapids

B.South Parking lot (Supreme Scream lot;Hotel parking)

C.North end service road (Camp Snoopy up to Boardwalk)

D.Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building

E.Screamin' Swing midway

And these are just five areas off the top of my head that would require little to no removal of existing structures. Modifications? Maybe. But removals? And we haven't even begun to get into an attraction interacting around preexisting enviroments...

Here's my Idea:

1:Tear Out Boomerang, Sky Cabin. Move Rip Tide somewhere else in the park(Indian Trail)

2: Remove the Calico Mine Train Dark Ride( Keep the Building and Scenery )

3: Extend the show building of the Calico Mine Train where Boomerang and Sky Cabin is.

4: Build a Launching/ Regular Lift Indoor Euro-Fighter.

5: Keep the theme but add on of course.

6: Rename the ride "Calico RUNAWAY Mine Train"

7: Knott's Berry Farm's 4th Launched Coaster.

^ I REALLY hope your kidding right now!

I would love to attend West Coaster Bash, but considering school and the 8 hour drive, I probably wont get to this year.

As for the park being "Land locked", have you even seen what SFDK is getting for 2012?! I think that ride proves that you don't need much space for a great looking ride.

^Is there still classic music in the Boardwalk? Or even Xcelerator's station. This is not sounding good.

pop music is bumped around the whole park. Sound track is not as bad as SFSL (think disney channel pop cover songs). It sounded to me like top 40's which i find lame in general, so after awhile i ended up just tuning it out.