TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Knotts is probably gunna get a Mega Lite. A lot of rumors are pointing at Magic Mountain gettin the first giga on the west coast

I think Knott's will get the first before SFMM since Six Flags already spent tons of money on their new rides and Cedar Fair hasn't released anything big expect Leviathan. 2013 on the other hand is a totally different story, it could be either park for 2013.

Knotts is probably gunna get a Mega Lite. A lot of rumors are pointing at Magic Mountain gettin the first giga on the west coast

I think Knott's will get the first before SFMM since Six Flags already spent tons of money on their new rides and Cedar Fair hasn't released anything big expect Leviathan. 2013 on the other hand is a totally different story, it could be either park for 2013.

Ya, 2013. I work at SFMM and I've heard there getting an intamin giga in 2013. Frankly, I don't think Knotts has the room but I'm guessin their gunna get a ML for 2012-13

I get a kick out of the MS paint drawings.

But based on westcoaster's pictures, and the google maps survey marker location, Knott's is definitely getting something - at this point, as long as it's a nice steel coaster that doesn't have inversions, but simply speed and hills, I'm happy.*

*as long as it's not a Vekoma.

Maybe the layout would be a station in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs location, put the lift hill behind Wheeler Dealer bumper cars, then have a 90 degree turn and an 85 degree drop put together like Expedition GeForce's drop. Then, the ride would go behind Mystery Lodge & Bigfoot Rapids and get to GhostRider then returns back to the station on the opposite side of the park.

I've actually thought about the Dinousars building too, though I've always wanted them to build a shooting dark ride or something like that in there. My other huge project I have always thought would be so cool for them to do, is remove Perilous Plunge and build a dive machine with a huge water splash at the end.

For some reason, I feel like the amount of future expansion experts here at TPR have quadrupled this year! Seriously, MS Paint coasters? Come on guys, how dumb do you really want to look in a year?

It's not dumb. It just shows what the coaster might look like. Plus it's a Paint.NET creation.

Maybe the layout would be a station in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs location, put the lift hill behind Wheeler Dealer bumper cars, then have a 90 degree turn and an 85 degree drop put together like Expedition GeForce's drop. Then, the ride would go behind Mystery Lodge & Bigfoot Rapids and get to GhostRider then returns back to the station on the opposite side of the park.

I've actually thought about the Dinousars building too, though I've always wanted them to build a shooting dark ride or something like that in there. My other huge project I have always thought would be so cool for them to do, is remove Perilous Plunge and build a dive machine with a huge water splash at the end.

The Beary Tales/KoD building was ripped up to accommodate Johnny Rockets. They had to cut out portions of it to get the ventilation systems in for the kitchen. I'm sure a dark ride could still go up there, but the amount of usable space isn't the same anymore.

^If you have the money for it, go in the day for rides, night for just Mazes, shows; etc. If money or time are a factor, then try to do the prescare dinner and ride Xcelerator and Ghostrider before the park fills up. After that, focus on Mazes and shows, and if you can get all that done, see what you have left for rides. The only place in the park I personally prefer to eat in the park is Johnny Rockets, but it can get some unbelievably long wait times during this time of year. However, here's to hoping the crowd won't be too bad.

Going to Knotts and then Scary Farm in the evening for the first time on September 29th. From what I've read I'm not expecting the lines to be too bad, but just in case any recommendations on what to ride first (miss if necessary) and most importantly where to eat?!

pink's hot dogs

There are signs ALL OVER Buena Park directing people toward Haunt parking. Why? Does Haunt attract a less geographically inclined clientele than Knotts by itself? Is that a rhetorical question? lol, just sorta felt unnecessary as there are already permanent signs pointing the way to Knotts.

Maybe a bit last minute, but I hope someone can help me out.

Just tried to order my Knott's tickets for tomorrow during the day (NOT Halloween Haunt), but apparantly, they don't accept international credit cards.

That'd mean I'd have to pay 57USD instead of 41 (with AAA code). Does anyone know where I can pick up a coupon (Already tried Ralphs, but their deal is over), or maybe have one lying at their home, close to Knott's? I'm staying in the Radisson Suites Buena Park, very close to the park.

Just send a PM if you think you can help me out.

Thanks

There are signs ALL OVER Buena Park directing people toward Haunt parking. Why? Does Haunt attract a less geographically inclined clientele than Knotts by itself? Is that a rhetorical question? lol, just sorta felt unnecessary as there are already permanent signs pointing the way to Knotts.

Haunt statistically brings in half of the yearly revenue for the park--it's just popular.

A lot of people only visit Knott's for Haunt. Same way I imagine a lot of people only visit Universal Studios during Horror Nights.

Just my thought.

This is very true as well.