TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

OMG she uses the Trojan Twister!

At the Fox News shoot, we were thinking the SAME thing when we saw those girls. I thought it was kinda weird to use the same EXACT marketing ploy that is being used to sell vibrators. I actually posted a picture of one of them on my Facebook and I captioned it "Looks like you're getting three!!!"

Went to the media shoot and rode Windseeker today.

I can honestly say I really enjoyed the ride. It wasn't overly intense, but it had enough thrill to satisfy everyone. The view it provides however is quite amazing! And while the speakers don't work at the very top, hearing music on the way up and on the way down was a nice perk!

The ride cycle itself is a bit short, however, I can understand why.

Haunt Maze setup is in full swing, and it looks as if several mazes have already been completed (from an outside view):

Big Top Of The Bizzare

Virus Z

London Terror??? (not sure, didn't see that much of it from the Ghost Rider Lift)

Didn't see any construction at all for the Sleepy Hallow, Dia De Los Muertos, Endgames or Invasion Beneath.

Fallout Shelter was well under way and based on Jeff Tucker's Twitter Posts, it sounds like Delirium is coming along nicely.

Ride Count:

Ghostrider: 1x (back row)

Xcelerator: 2x (once in the front, once in the back)

Windseeker: 3x

Silver Bullet: 1x

Calico Mine Ride: 1x (no sign of any Haunt construction)

I was there till noon, so I didn't get that much in, however the crowds were still relatively light.

Perilous (as usual) was closed.

^ No audio at the top?

After riding it for at least five times (probably more but I don't do tally marks on my hands when I ride things) without audio for the media shoot, I rode it later in the day while the park was open and, if I remember correctly, there was audio at the top.

I know the two Windseekers in Ohio had working audio all the way up - a lot of people were talking about the songs they were using (Harry Potter, Star Tours I think, etc.).

Was it cutting out because of wind or?

^ No audio at the top?

After riding it for at least five times (probably more but I don't do tally marks on my hands when I ride things) without audio for the media shoot, I rode it later in the day while the park was open and, if I remember correctly, there was audio at the top.

I know the two Windseekers in Ohio had working audio all the way up - a lot of people were talking about the songs they were using (Harry Potter, Star Tours I think, etc.).

Was it cutting out because of wind or?

What I meant was that you couldn't really hear it that well at the top.

^ Ok, cool. For a minute there, I thought SFMM was in charge of the audio on Windseeker.

I guess with the Ohio Windseekers, they are surrounded by an amusement park and trees, not hundreds of cars that might make it hard to hear the audio.

Haunt Maze setup is in full swing, and it looks as if several mazes have already been completed (from an outside view):

Big Top Of The Bizzare

Virus Z

London Terror??? (not sure, didn't see that much of it from the Ghost Rider Lift)

Didn't see any construction at all for the Sleepy Hallow, Dia De Los Muertos, Endgames or Invasion Beneath.

Fallout Shelter was well under way and based on Jeff Tucker's Twitter Posts, it sounds like Delirium is coming along nicely.

Dia De Los Muertos has already been up near the train tracks, they just haven't closed the Bumper Cars to start work there yet. And I think the only other maze they haven't started on yet is Cornstalkers.

^^ Does anybody know WHY ON EARTH kbf has Perilous Plunge closed right now? This weekend was basically the reason they built the thing. Any ideas???

It's an Intamin........

Guests must have not been too happy as hot as it was this past weekend.

What do you guys think they can do to make Ghost Rider better? It ha ssuch an awsome layout and used to be so great...what can they do to smooth out the ride? Is it the trains or the track that is the problem? Also, when are they planning on painting Xcelerator's Track?

^ Save that match for Mean Streak.

Unlike Mean Streak, Ghostrider has a pretty decent layout with a lot of speed - the biggest problem is that it's just rough.

If you re-tracked MS, it would still suck because the layout is boring; if you re-tracked GR, it would be, at least in my opinion, pretty far up there in terms of best woodie.

But again, that's just my opinion.

Ghostrider used to be pretty amazing, I think retracking might help, but I also would like to see some new trains. Really, if they did the whole steel retrack thing, it wouldn't really wouldn't need to be reprofiled. I can't imagine how fast it would run with steel track, well actually I can, it would probably run like it did when it opened.

^^ Does anybody know WHY ON EARTH kbf has Perilous Plunge closed right now? This weekend was basically the reason they built the thing. Any ideas???

I was wondering the same thing! I've been to KBF the past two Saturdays (the most recent of which was hot as heck), and Perilous has been closed both times! The result was uber long waits for BFR and TMLR.

^Soooooo..... Millenium Flyers or Timberliners?

Millennium Flyers or Timbleriners won't really help a ride that much if the ride's track isn't good. That's like putting a bigger engine into a car that still has bald tires.

What GR needs is a "complete overhaul" like in the same way Boulder Dash got a few years ago. The entire ride, completely re-tracked, and in places that might need it, completely re-built.

Just look at Boulder Dash as the example, here. It's can totally be done. But it would require the ride to be down for a good 6+ months. And it wouldn't be cheap. I'm sure those are two huge factors into why it hasn't been considered.

^I think the issue is that, as rough as it is, there is still always a line, the GP will still wait for an hour to ride it. I mean I will ride it maybe once every three or four months, just to see how bad it's gotten. It wouldn't be that hard for them to have it down in the off season when it's a walk on even with one train. I know that everyone keeps saying Knott's, but with a project this big I would guess that the decision would be up the Cedar Fair. If they every retrack it, I hope they fix whatever problem it is that caused them to put in that brake, it really does kill the ride.

Money aside, if they were to do something major with the ride, I would have to vote not putting topper track on it. As much as it pains me to go with Caesar on this one, I think the Iron Horse track would be a better fit and keep the same layout. Couple that with the Gerst trains that are on the Texas Giant and the Ghost would kick some serious butt.

Though I will agree with most of you that a retracking would be ideal for GhostRider, I don't even think it's a "we don't want to pay for it" per se. We're talking about a ride that get 2+hour lines on busy days and close to 3hours during Haunt. Based on it's current throughput, why would you invest so much money on a ride that's stil easily the No. 2 most popular coaster in the park?