TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I hope the Haunt event gets officially announced soon...I really can't wait to finally go to a TPR event after a really long hiatus. For those who attended last year's event, how much did it cost?

$1,000,000,000 Mua-hahaha

If I remember last year there were 2 prices. I think somewhere close to $100 for full day at the park with a Q&A and some other stuff, and then they did a half day thing and I believe it was in the $50 range. That got you dinner, raffle, shirt, cup, and VIP pass for the night.

I'm anxiously waiting for the official announcement too. I just need to know that I will have enough $ to go.

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Knotts_Berry_Farm/Windseeker_Media_Day_2011/windseeker_09.jpg

We have just posted our full report from Knott's Windseeker Media Day including THREE videos! POV of the ride, an awesome Rider Cam, and videos from the Fox 11 Good Day LA broadcast! Check it out here:

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=345&linkid=10907

Edited by robbalvey

I visited Knott's on Saturday to check out their version of Windseeker. Overall, I was pretty impressed by the addition. While I still think that the Boardwalk area may have been a better fit for the ride, I think it looks good in the Fiesta Village location. The color of the tower looks great, and the ride adds a lot of nice energy to FV without making it feel too cluttered or cramped.

I only have two criticisms. One, I don't totally get how the whole movie soundtrack thing fits in with the rest of FV. Two, at least when I went, the lighting package only featured the red white and blue pattern. Is there a reason for this? Again, the American colors don't really jive with their attempt to create a Latino atmosphere.

Overall, however, I really enjoyed the ride. It provides some great views of the park!

I just wanted to mention that my ride on Ghostrider today at about 11am in row 4 was AWFUL. That thing is a jerky hot mess, and 'the drop' is officially dead. That was the only disappointing thing about the day. That ride NEEDS a rocky mountain treatment.

i had a really great time today...thank you Robb so much for the opportunity to go on the Windseeker...it was a great view from up there, and its the perfect ride on a hott day...

after the media event went straight to the following rides and was done by 1pm:

silver bullet, rode it 1 time

xcelerator, rode it 3 times

boomerang, rode it 1 time (almost lost it for some reason)

timber mountain log ride, rode it 1 time (cool down)

calico mine ride, rode it 1 time (cool down)

***lunch at pinks***

calico railroad (food coma, haha)

sierra sidewinder, rode it 1 time for the first time...

ghostrider, rode it 1 time (and never again!!!)

Is it just me or the angle that video was taken but does it seam like Knotts Windseeker is spinning a heck of a lot faster then the others? That video made the ride look much more thrilling then other vids I've seen.

I also hope what Lance said about knotts 2012, has been reaffirmed to be a go is true. I'm not counting on a giga but I hope knotts atleast get some type of coaster for 2012 for the big kids and longer then 2 seconds lol

In fact, i've heard from screamscape, seems he's caught up rumors from readers as knotts may be getting a giga coaster from intamin , going up to 100mph. (Non launched , just a regular high standard 300ft+++ coaster).

A couple weeks late Check page 234

Well, I still don't want the project to go dead. D:

I just wanted to mention that my ride on Ghostrider today at about 11am in row 4 was AWFUL. That thing is a jerky hot mess, and 'the drop' is officially dead. That was the only disappointing thing about the day. That ride NEEDS a rocky mountain treatment.

You sound surprised?

Robb, great update as always. Looking forward to getting a ride in the near future, one question. Does it go faster than it looks in the video?

A little, and you can just barely feel a little bit of force, but nothing thats going to get you off with an adrenalin rush, unless your afraid of heights.

I was surprised at Ghost Rider's deterioration because it ran so well during WCB. I had 3 rides, all great. Yesterday it was truly awful, not the worst (Georgia Cyclone), but awful. It's such a great layout that I wish I could go back in time.

Thanks to Knott's for opening up Windseeker to us - loved it - and for letting us enjoy the park afterward.

Thanks to Robb for inviting us and for putting so much energy and work into making everything he's involved with 1st class. Thanks to Elissa for the behind the scenes work yesterday.

Me and the kids had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed meeting and riding with Dave and chatting with Robb and some of the other TPR members.

Great report! Thanks for the opportunity!

After riding the Ohio Windseekers, I really wanted to ride the one at Knott's, so yesterday worked out perfectly.

I'll also admit that yesterday was the first time I had ever seen 'real' ACErs in person.. Sure, you hear stories, and see pictures.. but I got to see them. It's like a rare jungle animal/creature that you only hear about. But when you seem them in action, it actually takes your breath away. You have to figure out whether you want to respond with awe and go up to them, or simply keep your thoughts inside; I chose the latter.

And yes, Ghostrider was not 'painful' (compared to previous rides/Wildcat at Compounce), but it was just shaky - it was all over the place.