TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I just got back from Knott's and I got to ride Windseeker for the first time, and I thought it was great. I mean, it wasn't thrilling but it was such a unique experience for me that I loved it.

Nice! My thoughts exactly with the Windseekers.

What kind of music did you get on your ride?

So you have all framed out my exact concerns! Beach Blvd is a definite no because it is a major artery from the foothills to the beach cities. Western could theoretically be possible...but you have a pretty strong NIMBY reaction from residents of the city. Not only for the construction but for the park noise. Tunneling is costly and risky - especially with most electricity buried underneath these streets (a major project that is still going on in patches of Northern Orange County) - no more telephone poles.

That means all parking lots outside of the park's 4 main streets must be out of the question. Beach, La Palma, Western and Crescent.

So it still makes me wonder what they can do. Pathwise, they've designed themselves into a permanent corner by having Bigfoot cap off the end. There is no possible way to expand the on-stage park. If they were to reclaim some of the employee parking, they could get enough land to put something of decent size with a station inside the park - however that immediately brings up noise and the city's unwillingness to upset their citizens for the benefit of a private company.

The next major addition I'm worried will be at the expense of old Knotts. And even then..I can't imagine what they're going to do. Silver Bullet was the park's biggest potential expansion zone and it is ALL used up.

UPDATE: All spots for the Knott's Media day are full! Thank you everyone for your quick response!

Hey TPR Members!

Knott's Berry Farm has let me know that they need riders for a media event on Wednesday, August 24th (THIS WEDNESDAY!) to ride Windseeker! You would be needed from 6am - 10am

If you can attend, please email me ASAP at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I will need your name, your email address, age, and sex.

Thank you!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^I was actually really looking forward to getting Demon Drop. I know it didn't make much sense in the park, especially when they said the ride would keep it's same "theme," but there is a unique thrill/terror that comes from those kind of drop towers.

^ & ^^ I rode it at Dorney for everyone who wanted it at Knott's..

It was... interesting, to say the least.

After going on a lot of drop towers on the trip, a couple of people (who shall remain nameless), told me that Demon Drops were 'insane/scary/etc' compared to regular drop towers. Honestly, it was not scary, just amusing. And loud and shaky at the end.

It really would have been out of place at Knott's.

Demon Drop at Dorney was a bit...unnerving. I was slightly apprehensive about the drop, which did scare me a bit. But the ride does seem dated and, well, clunky. Glad I got to experience it though!

Woah... woah...woah..

Laura is, am I reading that right... Admitting to not liking something?

Laura you liked Mean Streak so I had my doubts about you. But with your opinion of Demon Drop, I will trust your opinions now. (some of them..)

I had a pretty awesome day at the park today. Lines were short, rides running great...

Almost all rides in the park were 10 min. waits or walk-ons. And I finally got my rides on Windseeker, which is a great addition to the park I must say.

Ride Counts:

Xcelerator 2

Silver Bullet 1

Montezooma 1

Jaguar 1

Ghostrider 1

Sidewinder 1

Pony Express 1

Supreme Scream 1

Windseeker 2

Log Ride 1

Bigfoot Rapids 3

I had a pretty awesome day at the park today. Lines were short, rides running great...

Almost all rides in the park were 10 min. waits or walk-ons. And I finally got my rides on Windseeker, which is a great addition to the park I must say.

Ride Counts:

Xcelerator 2

Silver Bullet 1

Montezooma 1

Jaguar 1

Ghostrider 1

Sidewinder 1

Pony Express 1

Supreme Scream 1

Windseeker 2

Log Ride 1

Bigfoot Rapids 3

That's really good to know for tomorrow, thanks!

I suppose I will take some pictures of how the park looks if anyone is interested.