TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Imo these haunts are only fun if you have a girl or girls with you, the get all scared and get all up on you wanting to say all hugged up on you for security. Other then that I find these events totally lame and I'm the biggest Halloween nut and horror movie lover on the planet but these events do nothing for me.

^^Coming from a guy. But I do admit, I find it hilarious when I'm with girls who freak out about scary movies and/or rides. But then it just gets annoying if I can't convince the person to do them with me anyway.

My ideal Haunt group would probably be my brother because he's got a great sense of humor and isn't scared easily, and one or two of my girl friends that we could laugh at when they freak out. But I'd hate to go with someone who chickens out on me. I'd be fine going into the mazes as long as I knew the person with me would stick with it as long as I did.

We just rode two of the Windseekers on the Road to Cedar Point Trip. Most people found the rides to be nice Observation Tower style attractions. Although we did have one participant who weeped heavily while riding, but I won't name names. (Tower...Tall)

I actually really enjoyed Windseeker at Cedar Point. To be honest, it wasn't thrilling for me, since I'm not scared of heights, but it was a "nice" ride and gave a great view of the park and the surrounding area. Yes, to me it was more of an observation tower than a thrill ride.

The guy next to me, however, WAS scared of heights and nearly crapped his pants all over lake Erie!

So I guess to each his own!

I hope now that Windseeker is open, we can now get some hints as to the future soon. It is unfortunate, they have lost the bulk of the summer season for Windseeker. Really, based on history, Knott's could still announce and build a large coaster by the end of 2012 as their addition for that year while in a practical sense being more for 2013(similar to how Ghostrider ended up). I would be disappointed if Knott's did lose out on a Giga coaster (to CW) and would only have Windseeker to be the marquee new attraction for the next couple of years. They haven't had a large addition since Silver Bullert, (sorry CGA.)Though when they added the Intimidators, one was a B&M and the other an Intamin, so there is still hope that an Intamin could be announced. Does anyone know how many Intamins are on order for next year? That could be a clue.

I actually really enjoyed Windseeker at Cedar Point. To be honest, it wasn't thrilling for me, since I'm not scared of heights, but it was a "nice" ride and gave a great view of the park and the surrounding area. Yes, to me it was more of an observation tower than a thrill ride.

My thoughts exactly. And you get just a touch of g-force to make it a little interesting. The ride I had around sunset was spectacular (not to mention the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey was playing, epic!).

To be honest, it wasn't thrilling for me, since I'm not scared of heights, but it was a "nice" ride and gave a great view of the park and the surrounding area.

I felt the same way on the Star Flyer at Holiday Park. Not that they are bad rides, just that they're kinda "meh" if you're not afraid of heights. Are the ride experiences similar?

I guess I'll find out late next month!

Is it just me or the angle that video was taken but does it seam like Knotts Windseeker is spinning a heck of a lot faster then the others? That video made the ride look much more thrilling then other vids I've seen.

I also hope what Lance said about knotts 2012, has been reaffirmed to be a go is true. I'm not counting on a giga but I hope knotts atleast get some type of coaster for 2012 for the big kids and longer then 2 seconds lol

In fact, i've heard from screamscape, seems he's caught up rumors from readers as knotts may be getting a giga coaster from intamin , going up to 100mph. (Non launched , just a regular high standard 300ft+++ coaster).

Is it just me or the angle that video was taken but does it seam like Knotts Windseeker is spinning a heck of a lot faster then the others? That video made the ride look much more thrilling then other vids I've seen.

I also hope what Lance said about knotts 2012, has been reaffirmed to be a go is true. I'm not counting on a giga but I hope knotts atleast get some type of coaster for 2012 for the big kids and longer then 2 seconds lol

In fact, i've heard from screamscape, seems he's caught up rumors from readers as knotts may be getting a giga coaster from intamin , going up to 100mph. (Non launched , just a regular high standard 300ft+++ coaster).

A couple weeks late Check page 234