TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

In my opinion, they should have put the windseeker by the Sky Cabin. Granted its iconic but its also old and unpopular. I think it would have fir much better over there where there is more space and not nearly as much clutter as in Fiesta Village. And now, im not talking about buildings collapsing, im talking about dilapidated roofs in Ghost Town, cracking walls in Fiesta Village, and paint flaking throughout the park. It may be better now as it has been a year since I was there during the daytime but man, it needed help. And yes, we do need more trees. On hot days, you realize why. As for the whole family thing....yes, Knotts is more of a family park than SFMM ever will be but the quality of these rides is just not there. Instead of Sierra Sidewinder, Jaguar, and Pony Express, why cant we have one decent coaster? Even the kids flats are rinky dink. WHen I was with a family with some younger kids, even they thought it was lame (they were only 5). Ive found that most kids if they are older than 8 are willing to do anything and everything if they are tall enough and some just dont find that kind of thing thrilling. Thus, they spend their time on rides like Ghost Rider, Montezooma's, and Xcelerator/Silver Bullet if they are tall enough. The solution to Knotts problems is not adding a new kiddie coaster for every square inch of land they own, they need the quality to match.

I remember people complaining about Silver Bullet making the park too cluttered. I like Silver Bullet, it is no Alpengeist, but still a good ride. Now, 7 years later, we have 2 more kiddie coasters and this windseeker. I think once they get enough, they need to start over with Fiesta Village and give Camp Snoopy a facelift

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release about the relaunch of their website for Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt!

Knott’s Scary Farm is preparing for its return promising more scares, more mazes, and more entertainment than any other Halloween event in the world!

Interested victims need not wait until the opening night on September 23, they can go to http://haunt.knotts.com to find out about Halloween Haunt’s 13 mazes, seven shows and four scare zones. They can visit the site for upcoming video releases that will give them a behind-the scenes look at the preparation that goes into producing this monstrous event. They can meet the designers that bring the horror home. They can enter contests that can win them VIP tickets to the event and access to special Haunt activities. Most importantly, guests can purchase tickets to Knott’s Halloween Haunt, reserve their pre-scare dinner and book their Gruesome Getaway at the Knott’s Resort Hotel.

Knott’s Halloween Haunt is celebrating its 39th year and has welcomed over 8 million visitors. It has become a tradition for Halloween enthusiasts, both locally and internationally.

Is it just me or the angle that video was taken but does it seam like Knotts Windseeker is spinning a heck of a lot faster then the others? That video made the ride look much more thrilling then other vids I've seen.

I also hope what Lance said about knotts 2012, has been reaffirmed to be a go is true. I'm not counting on a giga but I hope knotts atleast get some type of coaster for 2012 for the big kids and longer then 2 seconds lol

ahaha Six FLags Magic Mountain seems to have done a good job with trees:) Come on though, does anyone disagree the park could use a tree or two? But yes, the windseeker is nice in that it will make sure that Six FLags Magic Mountain wont build one:) As for how fast or long it is, it really doesnt look that interesting, its very simple in design but with a small footprint which is perfect for Knotts. And yes I love that statement about getting a ride longer than 2 seconds:) Xcelerator is the only short wide there with an excuse:) Sierra Sidewinder and Pony Express are kinda pathetic. I hope that Haunt is good this year, in comparrison to 2008, the 2010 haunt was a little weak...they had way less staff and the scare zones were not nearly as good as they have been. This year I think I will try Six FLags Magic Mountain's Fright Fest and Universals Horror Nights instead to shake things up.

They're included, but Haunt is a separate ticketed event from a day ticket to Knott's. The park closes down in the late afternoon and then reopens for Haunt, so if you buy a ticket, make sure you're buying a Haunt ticket and not just a regular admission to the park.

^Six Flags is really not that great, I went to both Halloween Horror Nights and Knott's last year and definitely Knott's was better last year. Although this year Universal is getting some variety with their haunt so it's not only slasher movies so they should be about equal.

I have to agree. SFMM's haunt quality is nowhere near HHN or Knott's haunts.

Though I will say, going through the haunts on a very empty park day was nice. I personally don't get that scared feeling going through Knotts & HHN because everytime I've been it's crowded, but going through a maze by yourself at MM was terrifying. But the haunts being free, hardly no line (for the rides as well), and having about 2 or 3 decent mazes made it a great time for my family. I would only really go if I had a pass though, since it won't cost you anything. The mazes aren't anything to pay a park ticket for. This was the first weekend of October btw, wouldn't be so empty other weekends I'm sure.

I liked HHN 2010 better than when I visited Knotts in 2009. Both were my first and only time I visited the haunts. Thought both were amazing though, but I just felt Knotts had more mazes than they can handle. Wish they took out three or four of the weak ones & put the actors in other mazes. Plenty of the mazes had too many empty spaces, even the new-at-the-time Terror of London maze. Universal had actors all throughout their mazes. Nothing is like Ghosttown during the Haunt though!

^I think I would do haunt at Knott's first. You could probably do the less scary mazes first. This is coming from my family members who get scared because I don't get scared at all. They said Uncle Bobo's maze would be a good start for the day, then Dia De Los Muertos then things like Mine Train and Terror of London. And if you do get scared you can take breaks and watch the great shows there.

Imo these haunts are only fun if you have a girl or girls with you, the get all scared and get all up on you wanting to say all hugged up on you for security. Other then that I find these events totally lame and I'm the biggest Halloween nut and horror movie lover on the planet but these events do nothing for me.

Imo these haunts are only fun if you have a girl or girls with you, the get all scared and get all up on you wanting to say all hugged up on you for security. Other then that I find these events totally lame and I'm the biggest Halloween nut and horror movie lover on the planet but these events do nothing for me.
True that!