TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

If Windseeker is open when I visit KBF on the 15th then I am going to strive to get up the nerve to ride-this is the very first ride I have seen in years that I am absolutely terrified of getting on.

Does this one have the same lighting package as the others?

Looks promising however I have not seen the ride rotate yet, whether at the base of the tower or higher up.

So who is going to be the first one to start complaining about the lighting package?

Whats there to complain about? My only complaint about the lighting will be if this Windseeker doesn't get the same sweet sign the other Windseekers have gotten. From Wiki:

SE used to have alternating lights on each one of the towers, and the FAA didn't approve of that too much...

SE? Do you mean Supreme Scream?

Hey everyone, Im new here and I hate to join a topic with a post life this but with Knotts...its all I think about when I think of Knotts. I have not been to Knotts Berry Farm in the day time since August of 2010 and there is a reason for that. My last trip was a bad one...it was hot and dusty that day which made me realize several things. First, the park has no shade!! Im serious!! Second, for the amount of land they occupy, they have way to many kiddie coaster packed into such a small space. Silver Bullet was pushing it but this is insanity. Fiesta Village was a mess of track with cluttered supports, buildings, and fading track. Xcelerator was running slowly and it was crowded. Ghost Rider was rough (my Knotts Scray Farm trip was better for this)...but man Im disappointed.

I used to LOVE Knotts. Before I started visiting Six FLags Magic Mountain it was my go to park. Yet since then, its become not fun. Its cluttered, buildings were falling apart, rides are fading, the new coaster have not been good. If any male has ridden Pony Express they know what I'm talking about. I just feel as though the park has fallen a long way even since 2004. Can any of you relate? It may be better know but I dont imagine much so.

^Same. I used to visit multiple times a summer from around '99 to '04, and once a in '05. When they built Sierra Sindwinder, I just felt no urge to go back. Next year, Pony Express, I almost felt glad I had not gone back. I have only been to Knott's Scary Farm since and have only ridden Xcelerator and Silver Bullet since 2005. I refuse to ride Ghostrider nowadays as it was still a pretty good ride when I last rode it in 2004.

Since I'm not visiting Cedar Point or Kings Island this year (I usually do every year), I have been trying to convince myself to go to Knott's and ride their Windseeker. Probably not going to happen unless I ride it during Halloween. I only live 30 minutes down the freeway from Knott's, but I don't really see the point going when there's the Happiest Place Evvaaa, DCA, SFMM, and a couple of good water parks close by.

excatly, but then the question arises what knotts can do to become awsome again. In my opion, they need to fix up Ghost Town just a bit, plant a TON of trees and repaint Xcelerator's Track as well as Boomerang...I would like Blue track with silver supports:)But that only partially solves the problem...I think they should demolish Fiesta Village and start over...It has gotten out of control...Jaguar has allways sucked....Sierra Sidewinder is a waste of Space....and Montezooma's Revenge...although a classic, something has to be the casualty of expansion. I think a different theme would be fun just to mix it up

Its cluttered, buildings were falling apart, rides are fading, the new coaster have not been good.

This made me laugh so hard, as I have never seen collapsing buildings at Knotts!

I do have to agree with you on the Boomerang paint job though. The purple should be changed to a bright blue with the green supports.

Its cluttered, buildings were falling apart, rides are fading, the new coaster have not been good.

This made me laugh so hard, as I have never seen collapsing buildings at Knotts!

I do have to agree with you on the Boomerang paint job though. The purple should be changed to a bright blue with the green supports.

I actually like Boomerang's colors, though that's just my opinion.

rcdb.com/290.htm?p=5103

I wished Pony Express was better. When I went to Knott's in 2009, I didn't even wasted my time going on it because of the reviews.

I never seen collapsing buildings and actually Knott's is working on repainting a lot of buildings and rides (Fiesta Village buildings, Xcelerator, Perilous Plunge)

About the cramped room, can't they expand across the street where there's mostly just parks and small, ugly houses?

Windseeker was supposed to have a press event this Saturday. Naturally, it has been postponed. Note to Cedar Fair: this is what happens when you go with the lowest bidder.

I have been going to Knott's my whole life, and the only time I had a bad experience there was probably Summer '08. Because I had such a bad experience there I didn't go back until Spring '10. I didn't wven go to Haunt 2009 because I was so ashamed of the park, but when I went back I had a new found love for the park that hasn't died. And now I'm a big Cedar Fair fan, because of how they are turning themselves around, much like how SFMM cleaned up, and I became a Six Flags fan again.

^This has probably already been discussed, but why has this Windseeker taken so long to open compared to all the others? Aren't all the other Windseekers open?

From what I know, one of the biggest reasons was the changing of sites. They decided to put it next to Jaguar instead of replacing Sky Cabin. And I remember hearing at WCB that once they had started construction, they were waiting on stuff like earthquake inspections to be put through.

WindSeeker was originally supposed to replace Sky Cabin. Guests began arguing with the park that Sky Cabin shouldn't be removed causing months of delays in the construction progress of WindSeeker. In January, Knott's decided to relocated the area where WindSeeker would be built.

The car itself still lights up but no big LED sign, and no LED "colorwash" panels at the top pointing down to change the tower color like other WindSeeker's have. Wonder if it's for the same reason Supreme Scream can no longer change colors.

^^Yes, internally, All the rides are abbreviated to either two or three letters for scheduling purposes. "SE" is the abbreviation for Supreme Scream.

Odd that you'd assume others should know what SE means from your first post when it's an internal abbreviation.

as i was just at KBF for the first time a few weeks ago, i can definitely agree with some of the complaints about the park:

-too many kiddie rides

-sierra sidewinder and pony express are both way too short (although SS is pretty fun)

-repaint xcelerator

-plant more trees everywhere

-spruce up ghostown/add a new coaster there

overall, being an east coast guy, the park wasn't bad though. definitely a different feel than, say, BGW for example, lol.

as i was just at KBF for the first time a few weeks ago, i can definitely agree with some of the complaints about the park:

-too many kiddie rides

-sierra sidewinder and pony express are both way too short (although SS is pretty fun)

-repaint xcelerator

-plant more trees everywhere

-spruce up ghostown/add a new coaster there

overall, being an east coast guy, the park wasn't bad though. definitely a different feel than, say, BGW for example, lol.

There is just enough kiddie rides, I'm guessing you don't have kids, Knott's offers a great time for families, not just coaster geeks.

Sidewinder is not too short, it's a spinning coaster that loads fast and is a lot of fun. Besides that it's part of camp snoopy so it's intended for younger riders.

Pony Express could be much better, after riding the steeple chase coaster at coney island and seeing what it could have been, it makes Pony Express even sadder. That said, it is a family coaster and my kids think it's awesome.

Um excelerator is being repainted.

It's California, tree's are not draught friendly, and besides that it's a western theme, not a forest.

They have been rebuilding ghost town, little by little, and a new coaster is supposedly comming.