TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Well....on the bright side, this does give the park time to finish painting the track...

Yeah that's true, the ride really needs a fresh coat of paint! It's a shame that Xcelerator has all these cable incidents, what bad luck!

Well in the long run the delay will be beneficial to everyone. The park wouldn't want to rush through this thing only to have it pleagued with the same issues it's cousins are. Knott's has a golden opportunity to open this thing with no glitches or mishaps. If it means opening it in August, I'm all for that. The bulk of Knott's attendance is going to be coming in October and December anyway. If this thing can be reliable for Haunt and Toys For Tots, then more power to taking the time to get it right. Now if this were a Giga coaster with such a long delay......I might not be so optimistic

Yup, it's up, though, it looked like today the ride had a faulty sensor or something like that, because when I was at the park, Xcelerator was down with a mechanic on the 180 turn catwalk holding a sensor. It took about 30 minutes or so.

AND... Windseeker has gone airborne today! Sadly, no pictures..

Doesn't seem like it's going to be much longer....so yay to that.

On an unrelated topic, I've noticed the hiring for Haunt monsters has started (At least for returning employees), has any info been released for the mazes/scarezones? I've been so busy working I haven't had the time to keep up on this stuff

There's a chance I may make a trip to Knotts over labor day. Doing a bit of searching I was unable to find what the crowd potential is. Can anybody help me out? I know Labor Day is the last summer hoorah and crowds would be expected to be higher than normal. Just curious.