TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

The 23rd wouldn't be crowded in the morning, because school is back in action. For the most part it should be quite dead, actually. Personally, I think visiting Knott's in the mornings in September/October are the best days to go for a day to marathon coasters.

The first few weeks of September are the best. Ive gone on a Friday afternoon before and was able to sit on Xcelerator for nearly 2 hours without getting off.

I can see why the commercial is coming up though, because you can get nice and close to the ride now.

The new sign:

DSCF0138.JPG.26879cbca0675ea1617a4125a7a238c8.JPG

DSCF0151.JPG.59ff8be90690af3485366096efd2ee85.JPG

And with the new pavement opened, (behind the Carousel.) it gives you new open areas for shots of Silver Bullet:

DSCF0146.JPG.c90450f5829ed348bb2e8084c6a1c2ed.JPG

And to who asked about congestion, there is a lot of open room now, so it got rid of that condense feeling--just a bit.

Edited by djbrcace1234

Anyone hear about the possible Xcelerator cable snap yesterday?

yes i did i was actually at the park yesterday and xcelearator closed after a couple hours of operation. i tried to get a closer look but my group was moving away from it although from my angle it kind of did look like a snapped cable was cut in half above the track.

So is this another year long closure for Xcelerator again?! Hopefully just a couple weeks, I'm not willing to wait that long again to ride it.

Amen to that!

Also looking forward to riding Windseeker very soon!

Still not that excited over windseeker, I think that park could have received something better, oh well maybe next year

doubt it will be a year long closure. I still suspect the recoil cable is the one that broke because I'm sure we would have heard about it by now if people were on it when the cable snapped during launch. Probably take them a few days to replace the one cable and reinspect it.

EDIT Found another photo Link