TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Based upon the quantity and number of coasters of size going up in the 2012 calendar year... Something is in the water.

"Caution parents of theme parks: Do you know where your park is? Pregnancies are appearing at an alarming rate, and your park TOO could be at risk like these other, unwed parks"

Cut to footage of BGW, HP, Dollywood, Knotts, Canada's Wonderland, etc.

"Don't be a park owner in shame. Be sure to prevent Unwanten Pregnancies" at YOUR park.

I can hear the "charmers" wailing already. Some won't care for the rumored giga, claiming it will destroy what little pre-CP ambiance remains. A ride of this size will encroach on a portion of Ghost Town.

Personally I hope the rumor is true. The Windseeker move suggests something big is in store for the Roaring 20s section. Notice the sky cabin is still closed? Even back in the day this park occasionally pushed the limits. They've been quiet since Xcelerator.

The ambiance is gone already... build this thing, Knotts!

^ If the rumored awesome-coaster is true, I'd be sooooo happy that I'd still happily ride even if you were riding naked.

Seriously, this perennial rumor coaster has been around forever (I recall rumors before Perilous Plunge), so hopefully it finally happens, as the park could use a real stand-out, world-class, ERT demanding ride. 2012 would certainly be the year for it, especially given what its competitors are doing. The park is pretty crammed, but with something tall and sprawling like this, I'm sure they could find room. Plus, I imagine they could always pull a RFII and go across the road into a parking lot, or go through the backstage area.

It still does seem too good to be true though, so I'm not buying my annual pass just yet.

I'm glad I checked this thread.. I would spend more time at Knott's, compared to Disneyland, if they build this thing..

It would really put Knott's on the map in terms of attracting tourists/visitors from long distances.

I will wait for more definite information before I entirely believe this, but it sounds like both a plausible idea and a winning one. For some time, I've thought Knott's could use a mega or giga coaster, and this would really be the park's first ride since Xcelerator that appeals to people outside the immediate area. However, building this massive of a ride will likely destroy most (if not all) of the remaining old Knott's charm that the park has. The attractions will still be there, but the atmosphere won't. In a way, however, I kind of think it is time for this to happen. The park has chosen to go the thrill park route, but as of now they really only have a couple of major thrill rides. The way I see it, old Knott's is a thing of the past and probably would not be as popular with the current generation of parkgoers.

The way I see it, old Knott's is a thing of the past and probably would not be as popular with the current generation of parkgoers.

As sad as it is to admit, it's true. Younger generations want high-tech/immersive entertainment/thrills, compared to the historical charm that put Knott's on the map originally (well that, and fried chicken).

2012 - Giga Coaster - Rumor - (6/27/11) This rumor is a bit out there… so please take it all with a big chunk of salt in case it’s entirely bogus, but I’ve been sent a short list of very impressive stats for what Knott’s next coaster project MIGHT BE. As I said… this is all very out there right now, and if these stats are even close to being true for a possible 2012 project, Knott’s is going to have to start work on this project very soon.

Now, you might be asking yourselves, if the rumor is so wild, why do I post it at all? Simply because the stats match up with what I’ve been hearing about for the past year… that Knott’s was in the process of designing their version of version of Intimidator. This is said to be an Intamin Giga-coaster of the highest degree, with a custom layout inspired by both Intimidator 305 and Millennium Force. In short, Knott’s could be on the verge of building what many might consider to be the best roller coaster in the world.

While I don’t know anything really solid about the layout, it very well could travel throughout quite a bit of the park. Many might recall all those crazy survey markings that appeared throughout about half of the park about a year ago. The overall length of the ride is rumored to be just shy of 6000 feet, putting it just slightly behind Disney’s California Screamin’ coaster in overall length. As for the height… we’re talking about a coaster that could stand just shy of 340 feet with an amazing 85º first drop back down to Earth. As long as the actual height of the first drop was at least 328 feet, I believe the top speed of this coaster would hit at least 100 mph. That would make this ride the tallest and fastest NON-LAUNCHED coaster in the entire world. One for the record books for sure… now if only our crystal ball is clear on this one. Wait and see… wait and see…

Discuss...

Meh, NOT gonna happen.

Meh, NOT gonna happen.

It might happen, though it's going to be difficult to build it in Knott's and if done incorrectly, it would destroy the image of Knott's such as if the coaster went right through Ghost Town. Thought the coaster will mostly be in the Boardwalk.

^ And the boysenberry.

The I'm a knotts historian thanks to WCB Ghost

Oh wow.. Did I seriously forget about the friggin berry?

I just read the Knott's Preserved book as well..

That's like saying Six Flags Magic Mountain is a well-known destination because movies were filmed there.. (intentionally forgetting that they are popular because of their coaster collection).

2012 - Giga Coaster - Rumor - (6/27/11) This rumor is a bit out there… so please take it all with a big chunk of salt in case it’s entirely bogus, but I’ve been sent a short list of very impressive stats for what Knott’s next coaster project MIGHT BE. As I said… this is all very out there right now, and if these stats are even close to being true for a possible 2012 project, Knott’s is going to have to start work on this project very soon.

Now, you might be asking yourselves, if the rumor is so wild, why do I post it at all? Simply because the stats match up with what I’ve been hearing about for the past year… that Knott’s was in the process of designing their version of version of Intimidator. This is said to be an Intamin Giga-coaster of the highest degree, with a custom layout inspired by both Intimidator 305 and Millennium Force. In short, Knott’s could be on the verge of building what many might consider to be the best roller coaster in the world.

While I don’t know anything really solid about the layout, it very well could travel throughout quite a bit of the park. Many might recall all those crazy survey markings that appeared throughout about half of the park about a year ago. The overall length of the ride is rumored to be just shy of 6000 feet, putting it just slightly behind Disney’s California Screamin’ coaster in overall length. As for the height… we’re talking about a coaster that could stand just shy of 340 feet with an amazing 85º first drop back down to Earth. As long as the actual height of the first drop was at least 328 feet, I believe the top speed of this coaster would hit at least 100 mph. That would make this ride the tallest and fastest NON-LAUNCHED coaster in the entire world. One for the record books for sure… now if only our crystal ball is clear on this one. Wait and see… wait and see…

Discuss...

Meh, NOT gonna happen.

Oh, damn. I was really hoping it would. Im glad you told all us that so we could stop talking about it...

An announcement of a Guinness world record is suppose to take place very soon according to their facebook page, so lets hope this is it.

From their Facebook:

www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=173912666006826

Knott's is all ears as we attempt to set the record for the largest number of people husking corn in one location. Don't miss this opportunity to make Knott's history and show off your corn husking ability. Participation is open to all park guests as space permits. Sign-ups for the event will be in Calico Square.

Cool, but no Giga.

I'm fairly sure this is happening. Seems like something good ole Dick might pull on his way out. Big rides for his top 2 parks. And a few pretty reliable sources besides Screamscape have confirmed that this thing is coming either next year or the year after. Knotts has gotten a bit stale of late, with the backlash of Pony Express, Xcellerator accident and Ghostridet trimming. This park needs a new thrill.

This would be really cool if it actually happened. I sometimes wonder how Knotts is faring with all of the hype about SFMM... certainly Knotts is more of a theme park and more family-oriented than SFMM, but it's also in an area that has a lot of great other theme parks nearby (namely Disneyland). If this is true (I really hope it is), it could be Knotts' attempt to gain more of a name for themselves again. If the ride does go throughout the park, I hope they add theming to several parts of it instead of just slapping the metal down amongst everything else in the park.

I hope Knott's builds this thing. CA needs a gigacoaster. Heck, we only have one hypercoaster, Goliath. (I don't call Xcelerator or X2 hypercoasters even though they are over 200 ft because they have different elements than a traditional hypercoaster.)