TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Believe it or not, Knotts has plenty of Space to pull it off. I know Knotts has always wanted a traditional coaster that was over 200ft ever since Cedar Fair purchased the park. It would not surprise me in the least if I305 lift hill support structure was a test to see if the concept could work. Similar how Xcelerator was the test to see if Top Thrill Dragster would be feasible.

Also 337 Feet is the rumored height.

Please oh please let this be true.

Edited by Top Thrill Dragster

Did anyone ever figure out what those survey markers were? I believe someone at some point put them all on an arial picture of the park...does anyone have something similar to what I mentioned?

Also I am very happy to hear Xcelerator's second train is complete again....when I went during the haunt, the queue was completely full, and I suspect the wait was almost four hours....no joke...

http://www.westcoaster.net/blog/2010/08/what-is-knotts-up-to/

Isn't the strong rumor that they're getting an Intimidator...of the 305 nature?

This was back in November, I hope it's true!

I can hear the "charmers" wailing already. Some won't care for the rumored giga, claiming it will destroy what little pre-CP ambiance remains. A ride of this size will encroach on a portion of Ghost Town.

Personally I hope the rumor is true. The Windseeker move suggests something big is in store for the Roaring 20s section. Notice the sky cabin is still closed? Even back in the day this park occasionally pushed the limits. They've been quiet since Xcelerator.

I also hope this is true! That is a great aerial shot with the survey markers. The thing that pops to mind considering the location is where the line for the ride would go? The new coaster would easily be the most popular ride in the park, so a q would need to be quite large. Imo, they could use the vacant Dinosaur attraction as part of a line/station. Or, remove/relocate Plunge to Soak City, and use the water basin as part of a splashdown for the new coaster. All in all, great news/rumor that they are looking at creating something on this scale for the park.

I received the same numbers last week about this coaster. It was strange because until now, everything had just been words like "big coaster", and "super fast" also with "very long". But now these very interesting numbers have popped up suddenly and they fit with everything else we have learned about this possible coaster. I want this to be true so badly Knotts needs a mega attraction!

I also hope this is true! That is a great aerial shot with the survey markers. The thing that pops to mind considering the location is where the line for the ride would go? The new coaster would easily be the most popular ride in the park, so a q would need to be quite large. Imo, they could use the vacant Dinosaur attraction as part of a line/station. Or, remove/relocate Plunge to Soak City, and use the water basin as part of a splashdown for the new coaster. All in all, great news/rumor that they are looking at creating something on this scale for the park.

I imagine that this thing would have amazing capacity similar to i305. A really big line wouldn't be needed.

^ Yeah its Cedar Fair's gig this summer. Each park is breaking random guinness world record that don't have anything to do with the rides and attractions in the park.

Though I hope this new coaster is true. I don't think it will happen, at least for a summer of 2012 openning. Because I think we would be seeing evidence of it by now. After all weren't we talking about I305's construction for just about the entire 2009 season. And as far as I am aware one of these type of rides would require alot more demolition and reorganization around the park than I305 did at KD. And when I was last there on Jun 8th and I didn't see anything there out of the ordinary other than Windseeker, of course I wasn't looking either.

But also if this new coaster does become a reality, I hope it is not as intense as I305 so the GP would fall in love with it, which would greatly help the park out in competing with their competion's big plans for next year. Which leads to another point, wouldn't it be better to introduce this kinda ride after 2012 so it won't be caught in the whole Transformers/Carsland mania and possibly generate more attendance for the park.

^ Yeah its Cedar Fair's gig this summer. Each park is breaking random guinness world record that don't have anything to do with the rides and attractions in the park.

Though I hope this new coaster is true. I don't think it will happen, at least for a summer of 2012 openning. Because I think we would be seeing evidence of it by now. After all weren't we talking about I305's construction for just about the entire 2009 season. And as far as I am aware one of these type of rides would require alot more demolition and reorganization around the park than I305 did at KD. And when I was last there on Jun 8th and I didn't see anything there out of the ordinary other than Windseeker, of course I wasn't looking either.

But also if this new coaster does become a reality, I hope it is not as intense as I305 so the GP would fall in love with it, which would greatly help the park out in competing with their competion's big plans for next year. Which leads to another point, wouldn't it be better to introduce this kinda ride after 2012 so it won't be caught in the whole Transformers/Carsland mania and possibly generate more attendance for the park.

If you read the chart you'll see that in 2012 the working drawings are to take place, and the construction period hasn't even been written down yet. So 2014 at the earliest...assuming construction will take place in 2013.

If you read the chart you'll see that in 2012 the working drawings are to take place, and the construction period hasn't even been written down yet. So 2014 at the earliest...assuming construction will take place in 2013.

Tell that to Lance, because he is talking about 2012. And also to add my point about 2012, look how far Hershey has come with their new ride. And that is suppost to be smaller than this rumored ride at Knott's.

Let's remember that Knott's will not have to deal with ice, snow, freezing temperatures, and can work on construction all winter long, unlike somewhere like King's Dominion. So it is possible that this could open next year, if any of this is true.

dt

Read the watermark again. Joey is right, this is a planning report for the city of Buena Vista. Has nothing to do with a ride at Knotts Berry Farms. Even one of the project steps is to "meet with Knotts".

This is potential good news for Knotts though. Would make the area around the park a lot nicer if done right!