TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Email Sent

I've just been a lowly lurker around here for a long time, and this would be an awesome opportunity to meet some fantastic TPR people, ride coasters over and over again, and be on TV!

^ Jesus Christ... I've never actually seen the show so I saw some clips on youtube... theres now a good reason why I don't watch the show. Damn... hes like the Nicolas Cage of Rollercoaster riders... he makes so much noise and over acts for no reason at all!!!!

Went to the park today, and I must say, Knott's does a very good job making sure the park feels like a ghost town.

I was there for two hours, and for the first time ever, I got a solo ride on Ghost rider! That was great!

anyways, the construction crews are now working on the final base for the Wind Seeker, but no concrete yet. They still need to set in the footers and re-bar:

IMG_0940.JPG.5279df75b19457a0b3ec7f1b4d7f06ee.JPG

Xcelerator's support paint job is now complete! Call me weird, but I rather they keep the track pink.

IMG_0936.thumb.JPG.22c85f9638280e51e977688dd505dcd4.JPG

Did the Sky tower move!?

IMG_0937.thumb.JPG.fc68558a55b0a5c4f3f4f6e87f8cb380.JPG

I guess not.

Edited by djbrcace1234

Are you Fing serious I thought the concrete and re-bar had already been set and they were just waiting for it to cure to start erecting the tower. It is taking forever to get this ride up, and all the Windseekers in general seam to be taking a long time, heck SFOG built a whole coaster and has it up and testing readying to open and these Windseekers the ones that are fully constructed are barely testing.

I'm wondering if CF are wishing they went with Funtime and the Starflyers

We got quite a response on the filming session at Knott's! We now have enough, actually MORE than enough to fill the spots. Thank you for your quick replies!

--Robb "There will always be a next time!" Alvey

I heard a commercial this morning for Knott's and it totally sounded like Windseeker is already open. There is a girl in the commercial who says something like, "What should we ride first? How about Windseeker?" I thought maybe I just hadn't been paying attention and it was already open but I guess not. Lame!

I heard a commercial this morning for Knott's and it totally sounded like Windseeker is already open. There is a girl in the commercial who says something like, "What should we ride first? How about Windseeker?" I thought maybe I just hadn't been paying attention and it was already open but I guess not. Lame!

Yeah... thats totally the new commercial... false advertising like crazy.

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release about this year's Halloween Haunt, including the mazes and scare zones that will populate the event.

It may be spring, but Knott’s Berry Farm is already preparing for the witching season and the return of their annual Halloween celebration – Knott’s Halloween Haunt. Knott’s Halloween Haunt continues to be the leader in theme park Halloween events offering live shows, roaming monsters and the most anticipated elements – the Knott’s Halloween Haunt mazes and scare zones.

NEW MAZES

Knott’s Scary Farm is proud to unveil three new mazes to their line-up for 2011.

Delirium

In the deep recesses of the mind, on the clouded brink of insanity, lies the hellish wasteland of delirium; a place so gruesome that your imagination fails to comprehend the horrors. Illusion and paranoia are your only anchors to reality. Welcome to your worst nightmare!

Invasion Beneath

LIVE FROM KNOTT’S BERRY FARM: Details are sketchy but eyewitnesses report that the Calico Mine Ride has been invaded by creatures of unknown origin through a large fissure in the earth’s core. The creatures posses advanced weaponry and are extremely hostile. The military has just infiltrated the mountain to try and rescue the survivors and combat the violent attacks. Stay tuned.

ENDGAMES: Warriors of the Apocalypse

The world as we know it has ended. The survivors in this barren desert have scavenged to rebuild society. The rich and the powerful have turned all others into slaves for sport. Enter the post apocalyptic arena where gladiators are forced to battle to their deaths for entertainment. Are you game?

RETURNING MAZES

Fallout Shelter (in 3D)

Locked in a cement grave for decades, hidden deep below the depths of the lake, an abandoned fallout shelter is crawling with human /genetic hybrids, toxic mutants, and a host of nuclear freaks all hungry for carnage. Grab your Geiger counters and put on your radiation suits, these residents are ravenous.

Sleepy Hollow

Ghosts and ghouls, witches and goblins, long legged beasts and things that go bump in the night are all at your heels as you travel through Sleepy Hollow. Specters and phantoms and legends of long ago haunt the living. Can you outrun the Headless Horseman? Can you keep your wits, or will you lose your head as well?

Virus Z

Welcome to Pleasanton – Population: Zero. The highly infectious virus Z has turned the entire town into cannibal zombies and you’re this week’s special. Hordes of bloodthirsty corpses roam the small town in search of fresh meat. Help has arrived, but they are not on a rescue mission – they are here to wall off the entire town from civilization.

Lockdown: The Asylum

The inmates really are running the asylum in this nightmare prison, and insanity reigns supreme. The inmates are out of their cells and their minds. And don’t scream for help, this hostile takeover has the authorities running for cover!

Terror of London

Step back in time and into the fog-filled streets of London where a host of infamous characters are on the prowl terrorizing city dwellers. Step lively or you may fall victim to Jack the Ripper’s blade or Dr. Jekyll’s twisted experiments as Big Ben rings out. God save the Queen…..and you!

Dia De Los Muertos

Venture into the forbidden jungle of El Chupacabra where sacrificial blood rains down from the sky. The screams of La Llorona, the Weeping Woman, echo around you and the creatures of the night crawl from their crypts, the “Day of the Dead” has arrived!

Uncle Bobo’s Big Top of the Bizarre (3D)

Step right up! Don’t be shy! Welcome to Uncle Bobo’s Big Top of the Bizarre. Inside you will find a villainous variety of vaudevillian visages to vex even the most valiant voyeurs! It’s the greatest slaughter on earth with clown carnage galore!

The Slaughterhouse

Folk’s from near and far come a-runnin for Farmer Willy’s world famous BBQ! You can smell the sizzling meat from miles away. Farmer Willy will think you are prime

beef as he sets out to auction you off to the highest bidder, tenderize you with his chainsaw, and grind you into a tasty meat treat. Bon Appétit!

The Doll Factory

A trip to the Doll Factory reveals a twisted museum of death and disfigurement as you are pursued by the Marionette Murderer, a psychotic killer who turns his beautiful victims into life-size porcelain dolls.

Corn Stalkers

It’s harvest time and the crop is you in Corn Stalkers. Plunge into rows and rows of rotting corn and try to evade the blood thirsty monstrosities seeking to impale you on their razor sharp scythes.

SCARE ZONES

Knott’s Scare Zones surround you in fright. Each year Knott’s makes it more difficult to outrun your fear by expanding Knott’s Scare Zones and adding to the legions of zone inhabitants. This year Knott’s will expand its most popular scare zone, Ghost Town, with the addition of Gypsy Camp.

NEW SCARE ZONE

Gypsy Camp

The backstreets of Ghost Town are shrouded by moonlit darkness, fearsome howl pierce the silence. In a blur of crimson teeth, werewolves stalk the encampment seeking revenge for an ancient gypsy curse.

Necropolis

A vampire world of flesh and machine, of gears and steam. Journey through the streets of this steam punk influenced city of the dead and discover the only truth in town: Blood is power.

Ghost Town

With 39 years of the finest thrills and chills, Ghost Town is home to a whole cast of night stalkers including the notorious Sliders who lurk in every fog-filled corner. You can’t see your hand in front of face as you try and navigate the winding streets that may just lead to the graveyard!

Carnevil

The Boardwalk has taken an evil turn as gruesome carnival characters perform their bizarre side-shows and evil clowns show their true colors.

Knott’s Halloween Haunt starts Friday, September 23 and runs for 27 nights.

Now we're talking - haunt. Hopefully the TPR Haunt event will be on this year that looked pretty good.

Not a bad outcome, though I didn't mind Labyrinth. I wish they would either get rid of, or do some work on Slaughterhouse that has been pretty ordinary in 2009 and 2010. Maybe a few too many apocalyptic ones this year - Virus Z (excellent in 2010), Fallout Shelter (not bad) and End Game. Invasion Beneath sounds promising, I enjoy the mine ride, but the haunt lacked a little action the last couple of years, and the giant spider was looking a little worse for wear and tear.

One thing that annoyed me last year is that some of the shows weren't going on non-peak night whereas they were in 2009, and it was the one's I wanted to see.

Edited by downunder

OK, so we know Delirium is going where Club Blood was. It would seem that ENDGAMES would go where Labyrinth was, but I had heard they weren't going to use that space this year but another area in Camp Snoopy.

Will be interesting to say the least.

Also stoked about a new theme for the Mine Ride, and it sounds AWESOME!!!

They are bringing back some of the good mazes, although Cornstalkers was hit and miss last year. Hopefully it will be great this year.

I was at Knott's today for my school's senior trip and was surprised because the park opened Xcelerator today! I was under the impression that if it even drizzles, they shut it down all day. The rides that were scheduled to be down were down, but as soon as the rain cleared up, all the coasters were operational! So on behalf of everyone at the park today, I want to thank you, Knott's. I know a lot of kids were mad when we went in while it was raining and rides were closed. Everything ended up being walk-ons through out the day and the majority of the people I saw in the park today were from my school, so it seems like the combo of weekday/rainy weather did keep people away. Xcelerator was great, as always. Same with Silver Bullet, which I got to ride while it was still drizzling a little. Ghostrider was smooth for our first ride on it, but went back to being it's rough self for the last two rides. I'm kind of disappointed that they trimmed the turn over the station, too. We played some Boardwalk games today and checked out some of the shops in Ghost Town, so that was a lot of fun, doing stuff other than rides. Overall, it was a pretty fun and relaxed day at the park.

Got on these rides:

Log Ride: x1

Silver Bullet: x3

Xcelerator: x4

Ghostrider: x3

Supreme Scream: x2

Bigfoot Rapids: x1

Pony Express: x1

Montezooma's Revenge: x1

Jaguar: x1

La Revolucion: x1

On Windseeker, it didn't look like anything new has happened since the recent photo updates I've seen on this and other sites. No tower up yet, but there were people on the construction site doing work on the ground.

Wow, it took them until just now to start vertical construction on this ride? I know about them trying to move the ride so that it didn't interfere with Skycabin, but did it really take that long?

Well, I live on the opposite side of the country from them, so my answer may not be correct. Should be a good ride for the park, however!