TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Billund Denmark, something new for 2014

The following image was just posted to the LEGOLAND Billund Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOLANDBillund

More to follow in September (if my Danish is correct)

Mine train and Timber Ride will be closed from august 19th for the rest of the 2013 season "as we begin construction of the new ride for 2014"

What could it be???

Billund_2014.jpg.b4fe3f5e393dcfaaf20d9c5b5f9fcedd.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Turns out it's not a coaster but..

Looks like a walk through Haunted house with a small drop tower..

http://www.legoland.dk/en/Explore/New-2014---Ghost/

New 2014

Take a fun and scary ride on Ghost – The Haunted House – if you dare!

Take a deep breath and sneak inside The Haunted House, crawling with vampires, ghosts, monsters and all sorts of creepy-crawlies. On your way through the scary house, you can chase ghosts in the enchanted mirror maze, but be careful not to get lost or die laughing on your way. You can also look forward to meeting The Crazy Scientist and his mad experiment that will send you and your brave family floating and perhaps even drop youuuuu....!

Ghost – The Haunted House is horror, shocks and laughter for the entire family. UUuuuhhhHH!

This has the potential to be really good--a more "kid-friendly" version of Mystery Castle at Phantasialand.

And there's a shooting element to it, also? That's a lot to roll into one attraction, sounds like fun. Interested to see the full description.

Are we sure this isn't a "Sally Dark Ride" with a drop sequence? Other than in the video they walk the little guy through the house, everything else seems to point to it being more of a "ride" as they even use the word "ride" in the press release, talk about "pointing your laser" and shooting things.

Legoland Billund doesn't have a Sally Dark ride yet, do they? And doesn't ever other Legoland have one? And they also were the ones that just built a roller coaster with a drop sequence in it? Who's to say they couldn't do that with a dark ride vehicle?

This has the potential to be really good--a more "kid-friendly" version of Mystery Castle at Phantasialand.

nope, more than a friendly version of the mystery castle it will be a sort of dungeon ride ( like the london dungeon ) with the abc rides free fall tower at the end and the mirror maze, just like the london dungeon, but with lego and children friendly scares

What ever this attraction turns out to be (whether dark ride, "Legoland Mystery Castle," or "Legoland Dungeon"), I give the park credit was trying something unique. Much more interesting than another kiddie coaster or a "Legoed up" flat ride.

This is going to be something like Nemesis: Sub Terra in Alton Towers. The main differences are that this attraction is more family-friendly and in here, you start with an interactive walktrough and end with the freefall ride. In Sub-Terra it's the opposite way.

You just made me google the hell out of Sub Terra. I had never heard of it until right now and it sounds amazing!

And on a more thread-friendly note, I still have yet to visit a Legoland. Everything I've seen from them looks like it'd be a lot of fun, though! I've got to make a trip to the one in SoCal sometime soon.

The attraction is a spooky fun house style walkthrough that ends with an ABC Drop tower (bottom loading) that's themed to the resident scientist's "levitation experiment".

That's the impression I got from the video, but I'm curious how the ghost-shooting element will work if it's not a seated dark ride. At any rate I'm excited to ride it, and great to see LEGO expanding on their Monster Fighters theme.

This is going to be something like Nemesis: Sub Terra in Alton Towers. The main differences are that this attraction is more family-friendly and in here, you start with an interactive walktrough and end with the freefall ride. In Sub-Terra it's the opposite way.

You just made me google the hell out of Sub Terra. I had never heard of it until right now and it sounds amazing!

And on a more thread-friendly note, I still have yet to visit a Legoland. Everything I've seen from them looks like it'd be a lot of fun, though! I've got to make a trip to the one in SoCal sometime soon.

yeah nemesis sub terra is awsome ! i managed to do i 3 times with no queue =D i will definitely try this when it opens

So "Lego Sub-Tera Laser Raider Ghosts". Looks very interesting to say the least. I definitely feel a small drop tower ride would suit all the Legolands, something in between a Frog Hopper and Extremis/Drop Dead. Hopefully if this is received well it will be another ride that ends up at all the parks.

-Craig

• 2 weeks later...