TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Crazy Cliffs Theme Park

Update 1: Pre-Opening (1978)

Welcome to Crazy Cliffs! This is a large theme park situated near a large brown cliff. Construction on the buildings has just ended, so the first rides should be going up any time soon. The 2nd update will be released tomorrow with future updates being released every Saturday.

SCR51.BMP

An overview of the park before ride construction begins.

SCR52.BMP

This is where you buy tickets to park.

SCR53.BMP

This is the large parking lot.

SCR54.BMP

This is the entrance plaza. The empty space will be filled by a carousel.

SCR55.BMP

This is the carousel.

SCR56.BMP

This is a huge clearing. Something big must be going here!

SCR57.BMP

There's some track in the deliveries section!

SCR58.BMP

In just a few months, we were able to construct Tumbleweed, a John Allen creation.

SCR59.BMP

We were also able to build Backwood Drencher, an Arrow log flume.

SCR60.BMP

An overview of the park before opening. Check back tomorrow to see how opening goes!

Edited by IneedTPforbunghole

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only advice I would give you right now is to space out your trashcans and put more benches in near food stalls. In my experience, I've usually needed trashcans every 4 or 5 spaces near food stalls, and maybe 7 or 8 spaces for the rest of my park. Peeps like to eat and sit near where they bought the food, so LOTS of benches near food and drink stalls is important.

Your woodie looks EPIC!

The only advice I would give you right now is to space out your trashcans and put more benches in near food stalls. In my experience, I've usually needed trashcans every 4 or 5 spaces near food stalls, and maybe 7 or 8 spaces for the rest of my park. Peeps like to eat and sit near where they bought the food, so LOTS of benches near food and drink stalls is important.

I have plenty of benches inside the restaurant itself. And I like having an even number of benches and trash cans.

Your woodie looks EPIC!

Thanks!

Some how this makes me think of Fiesta Texas of where I'm at!

That's pretty much what I was going for.

However, I feel that you need to spice up your architecture a bit. It seems a bit bland at the moment. Do that and you should be in good shape.

I'll try.

Update 2: Opening (1979)

It's time for Crazy Cliffs to open to the public! Let's see how that went...

SCR62.BMP

The park is open and people are storming into the park to ride the insane new coaster, Tumbleweed!

SCR61.BMP

Tumbleweed's stats.

SCR63.BMP

The Fiesta Feast has become a popular place to eat and converse.

SCR65.BMP

Trees have been planted and a fence has been built to make Tumbleweed safer and look better.

SCR67.BMP

What is this clearing? It's pretty big! Maybe a look at the deliveries lot could help...

SCR66.BMP

It seems track for 2 different coasters has arrived. The high popularity of the park has allowed the purchase of 2 new coasters for 1980!

SCR68.BMP

In a very short time, we were able to erect Munchkin, a Zierer kiddie coaster, and a circus tent.

SCR69.BMP

But what about this building? Only time will tell... Find out next Saturday!

Update 3: The Mysterious Red Castle (1980)

You remember that red building? Well, a monster Schwarzkopf has erupted out of it! Meet Flamin Demon, the park's tallest, fastest, longest, and only inverting coaster! We predict it will be a huge success!

SCR70.BMP

The park entrance has a sign advertising the new ride.

SCR72.BMP

Munchkin looks sooo cute!

SCR71.BMP

The stats for Flamin Demon and Munchkin.

SCR73.BMP

Flamin Demon drops from 115 feet up at 60 MPH around this intense first turn.

SCR74.BMP

Then, it storms into the double loop element after a tilted sideways loop.

SCR75.BMP

An overview of the park. Check back on Wednesday for the next update!

Update 4: Park Improvements (1981, 1982, 1983)

Welcome back. When we last left off, Flamin Demon was built as the tallest and fastest coaster in the park. Now, for a few years, the coaster progress will slow down and instead make way for some necessary park improvements. Nothing major was changed in 1981, so let's skip to the major building.

SCR77.BMP

A clearing has made itself noticeable...

SCR78.BMP

In that clearing, workers have dug a large lake!

SCR79.BMP

The Lakeside Grill is the 2nd major restaurant in the park. Come relax by the lake and enjoy delicious grilled food.

SCR76.BMP

The sign for Flamin Demon at the entrance has vanished.

SCR80.BMP

An overview of the park in 1982.

SCR81.BMP

For 1983, we have decided to build a small number of pleasant family rides. This one is Crooked Forest Cars. Take a gentle journey through the trees.

SCR82.BMP

Sky Tower takes passengers up 300 feet, and offers them amazing views of the park and surrounding areas. The only new ride not shown is the new ferris wheel.

SCR83.BMP

But we see something has been delivered... Upon closer inspection, this track is NOT for a regular sit down coaster!

SCR84.BMP

This is the biggest clearing yet. Who knows what could be going here?

SCR85.BMP

I leave you with this picture. I hope you enjoyed the longest update yet. Check back on Friday for an update that will introduce something massive!

Update 5: Swinging into some Slow Years (1984-1988)

We have just opened the suspended coaster Condor and the new area Wild Wild West. However, these large investments were very expensive, so after that, we are slowing down for the next few years while we plan the next new coasters. Condor is the tallest coaster in the park.

SCR86.BMP

Condor's sign at the entrance.

SCR87.BMP

An overview of the Wild Wild West section

SCR88.BMP

Condor's station and queue.

SCR89.BMP

Condor swoops over the dodgems ride and mini restaurant.

SCR92.BMP

Condor dives off the cliff to the turnaround.

SCR90.BMP

Condor swings around the outside of the new area.

SCR93.BMP

Condor's large turnaround.

SCR94.BMP

The final untamed finale to Condor.

SCR95.BMP

Condor's stats.

SCR91.BMP

The park's overview in 1984.

SCR97.BMP

Only minor improvements were made in 1985, but in 1986 this small boat ride was built.

SCR98.BMP

In 1987, Mystery Manor Maze was constructed.

SCR99.BMP

The maze itself.

SCR103.BMP

1988 was also a minor year, but a stage has been built here. It announces Cliffhanger, which will be the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster in the park. It opens in 1989.

SCR104.BMP

This is some track for Cliffhanger. The update ends here. Check back on Sunday for the introduction to Cliffhanger!

Update 5: Mountain of Lumber (1989)

Today is the day we unveil the biggest, baddest coaster at this park, CLIFFHANGER! It is a Dinn creation, who just this year opened Hercules at Dorney Park, but our woodie is taller, faster, and longer!

SCR107.BMP

Cliffhanger's shiny new sign at the entrance.

SCR114.BMP

Cliffhanger's stats.

SCR110.BMP

The station and large part of the queue line for Cliffhanger.

SCR108.BMP

Most of Cliffhanger's layout.

SCR111.BMP

A closeup of Cliffhanger's first drop.

SCR109.BMP

Cliffhanger blazes through a tunnel in the cliff before helixing around and diving right off the top!

SCR112.BMP

Cliffhanger and Condor fly past each other!

SCR113.BMP

An overview of the park. Can you believe we started with 1 coaster, and now we have 5?! Well, it has happened. Check back soon for the next update!

Today is the day we unveil the biggest, baddest coaster at this park, CLIFFHANGER! It is a Dinn creation, who just this year opened Hercules at Dorney Park, but our woodie is taller, faster, and longer!

You know, after all that time looking at and riding woodies, Cliffhanger has got to bee the best one. Way to go! I like that awesomeness you put in there!

You know, after all that time looking at and riding woodies, Cliffhanger has got to bee the best one. Way to go! I like that awesomeness you put in there!

Update 6: The First Casualty (Late 1989, 1990, 1991)

In our 10th anniversary, we brought forth one of the best coasters in the world. With its special articulated trains, the ride runs very smooth for a wood coaster. But Tumbleweed was constructed before such advances, plus the trains were very rough on the twisting track. Thus, we have decided to replace it with something nwere and better.

SCR116.BMP

Tumbleweed's entrance and exit are sealed off.

SCR117.BMP

Tumbleweed is coming down fast.

SCR130.BMP

While Tumbleweed is being demolished, a few early shipments of track arrive...

SCR118.BMP

Only a few shreds of track remain.

SCR119.BMP

But even in a little time, those were gone too... Only the station and queue remain.

SCR120.BMP

At the start of 1990, the site was cleared entirely. RIP Tumbleweed (1979-1989)

SCR131.BMP

Nothing else major happened in 1990, so let's skip to the opening of the new coaster. For 1991, the park has added their first looping coaster in 11 years! GREEN TERROR!

SCR132.BMP

People line up with excitement to experience the unique "Sidewinder" element and then the park's 3rd vertical loop.

SCR133.BMP

The ride leaps across a dense, freshly planted foresty area.

SCR134.BMP

A train screams through the loop. Check back on Thursday for the next update!

BREAKING NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Crazy Cliffs has a super special news announcement. Cedar Fair has released a statement regarding their recent acquisition of this park.

Today is a big day for Crazy Cliffs Theme Park. For 13 years now, Crazy Cliffs has been a popular destination for families and thrill seekers with many unique rides like Condor, Cliffhanger, and Flamin Demon. The original owning family, the Tamlins, have officially sold their park to us, but they will still be working with us to ensure the park gets handled right. Our current plans call for the addition of 1 major coaster, a new children's section, a new restaurant, and expanding the park to the east, if the cliff is north. We have contacted B&M, and while the Tamlins are not yet interested in one, they have stated that they want a major new coaster for 2000 and they might look at B&M's offerings then.

This is major news. Though the park has been successfully run for 13 years, the Tamlins have suddenly decided to sell it. I don't know why, but I guess it's because they wanted a major park chain to be their owner.

crzlfes.jpg.cfe264f1626c12798dd54ef3c5a62fcd.jpg

The new park sign.