TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texas/Midwest 2013 Tour Mini-Updates!

Wow. I was at the park yesterday and had no idea you guys were there. I totally would have looked for you guys to say hi.

I drove from St Louis that morning just to get to ride Outlaw Run, Powder Keg, and Wildfire at night for the first time. And depsite the huge crowds and lines, it was totally worth it...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Those City Museum videos are crazy funny. Those videos explain the place much better than photos. It looks like City Museum is the world's largest playground and not like a "museum" at all. I bet you guys had more fun here than at Six Flags St Louis.

Silver Dollar City and Outlaw Run looks awesome. Does Outlaw Run top El Toro or Phoenix for anyone on that trip? Glad SDC was open to midnight, I love it when parks are open late, as the night time hours are often the most fun.

The Silver Dollar City day looked awesome! Looks like they really put on a great event. It really is an amazing park, and one of the best in the US.

As for City Museum, I really really really miss that place. Seriously the most amazing messed up place I've ever been to. So much incredibly screwed up and amazing stuff, and with TPR there it makes it even more amazing!

Even it you aren't into risking life and limb, the City Museum still has a lot of just overall "weirdness" that's worth checking out. It is the most amazing "playground" anywhere.

Thanks for keeping up to date on the great adventures you guys and gals are having out there in the midwest.

I know If I was on the trip I would have been heart broken about not getting to ride New Texas Giant or Iron Rattler but all that disappointment would have washed away with that night time ERT on Outlaw Run. In fact you have now convinced me to dump plans to go to SFOT and go to to Branson instead.

Our morning at Six Flags St Louis has been FANTASTIC! The park has been so welcoming and their hospitality is great! We had ERT on American Thunder for two hours! A backstage tour from the director of maintenance followed by even more ERT on the ride. We were then walked over to Boomerang to be the first riders of the day! The staff has been wonderful and even had directors and the park president come welcome our group of 100 members from 10 different countries! (I hope a certain park in Arlington is paying attention!)

Here's a few photos...

image.thumb.jpg.f9bcee13dacd57ec917cbf02e6e649f3.jpg

ERT for two hours on American Thunder!

image.thumb.jpg.96602d9e421836cd9a427527663cc30f.jpg

Backstage tour of Mr. Freeze!

image.thumb.jpg.16ee14742852f1c10c6f085f4e31d9cf.jpg

First riders of the day on Boomerang!

image.thumb.jpg.11dd1c5e3324023cd20205b072272bce.jpg

Park President Dave Roemer comes and hangs out with TPR!

Edited by robbalvey

I just visited Six Flags St Louis a couple weeks ago for the first time. I cam away with such great opinions and memories from my experiences there. American Thunder and Boss are great coasters, and you could truly sense that the employees cared about their jobs and the park there. It was very charming and relaxing, and I'm glad to see you guys are all having a blast, too!

Six Flags St. Louis is the most underrated park in the chain, probably because it lacks a big "signature" ride. But I like the place quite a bit, and it does have the best version of the old Sccoby-Doo shooting dark rides anywhere. It's a solid, well-run park.

Six Flags St. Louis is the most underrated park in the chain, probably because it lacks a big "signature" ride. But I like the place quite a bit, and it does have the best version of the old Sccoby-Doo shooting dark rides anywhere. It's a solid, well-run park.

I totally agree. I was very suprised at how much I liked the place.

Going back to St. Louis next month and hope it works out that I can get the 3 new credits since I was there.

I also think Six Flags St Louis looks like a very great park ! The three woodies seems great (particularly Evel Knie... euh... American Thunder) and the park in general looks very good, I only read good things about it ! Happy that you have an amazing trip so far !

I need me some Outlaw Run. Bad. And the City Museum Vine videos are hysterical. That place is so kick-ass. I pray the safety nazis never figure out what's really going on in there. Experiencing that with TPR has become another life goal.

A couple notes from a local about city museum: The local news has reported on the accidents at this place several times, but never enough to shut it down. I think most people understand the risks when going there. City museum is actually the first of two playlands the owner was developing, he actually died during the construction of the second one. It is supposed to be called "concrete world" or something along those lines. It's located in North St. Louis very near the rivers, it's supposed to have castles, moats and even a small canal connecting to the river. I haven't heard to much about the progress on that place since the owner died about two years ago.

How does the City Museum still exist in America? Seriously that place is way to awesome to be real. When I finally make my first visit there I'm wearing a full body spandex suit and a helmet so I don't have to worry about road rash or concussions, I don't even care what people think.

Cool restraints on Outlaw Run. I wonder if NTAG and iRat will get those kind of restraints. Thing is, I've seen plenty of larger sized guests ride NTAG and even iRat without any problem. I personally can't wait until SFOT concludes it's investigation into the accident on NTAG. The results should prove most interesting indeed.

Well, IRat and Ntag's trains were made by gerstlauer. Outlaw run's trains were made by RMC so the chances are to get new restraints like outlaw run's is nearly impossible without going straight to RMC Trains

Our next day was a three-park adventure! Starting out at Mt. Olympus with ERT in Hades 360, then to Timber Falls for ERT on Hellcat, then a totally surprise visit to Little Amerricka where we rented out the park and had the place to ourselves! What a GREAT day!!! Here's some pics...

Remember - if you want to follow along with the tour live, check out our Facebook and Twitter as we're posting photos as we go!

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

Twitter -

image.thumb.jpg.814f664aa2887352b79bad266852e9c0.jpg

We started our day on Hades 360!

image.thumb.jpg.065c473255c1d43c12f9198888c58ca0.jpg

The new barrel roll inversion was GREAT!

image.thumb.jpg.4232bdb7ad545e1d0b6fd3808e19ac2a.jpg

Gotta be honest though, the rest of the ride was VERY "aggressive" - some of our group only rode once during ERT.

image.thumb.jpg.8e35851f012002ea524d78a790ee8631.jpg

Yes, there will be a TPR filmed POV posted!

image.thumb.jpg.2ce540eb2164954107ebfdd9ad8480ed.jpg

The park let us ride the elusive Little Titans credit, which is AWESOME!

image.thumb.jpg.83cdae3c9680e2d019c5c45ced639b7b.jpg

TPR took over the Cyclops Bar for an amazing rest of the afternoon!

image.thumb.jpg.08561587269a0e04b74ccc617d491470.jpg

After Mount Olympus, we made our way over to Timber Falls for some mid-afternoon ERT on Hellcat!

image.thumb.jpg.e779c74d9e0eed8a7aaca9ee55dec725.jpg

Hellcat has gotten a bit bumpy, but its still an INSANE ride!

image.thumb.jpg.71dfb63e678989f620450eafb9c4d499.jpg

TPR goes a bit crazy for Hellcat!

image.thumb.jpg.aaaefd9f3384bed74d365a199930ced4.jpg

We rode for an hour... Good fun!

image.thumb.jpg.432f528aa409baf61a4510721e6d12d7.jpg

Normally at this point we would be heading to Chicago, but tonight we are going to make a slight detour...

image.thumb.jpg.10d80f6cd319569c08ef3c6ec0e5109b.jpg

We made a surprise visit to Little Amerricka where the park was open JUST for TPR!

image.thumb.jpg.4e82d5ca9a5a251c639d035701f1f64e.jpg

Little Amerricka is home to Meteor, a classic junior woodie that was saved from Hilcrest Park near Chicago.

image.thumb.jpg.5f26e92124fd7862b34ad21d93f8fc99.jpg

The park also has one of the last permanent Toboggan's in the country. Such an awesomely terrifying ride! :)

image.thumb.jpg.747f6707ed0135b6e0a8855c58f3b327.jpg

Even KidTums got to ride all four coasters in the park! It's a great place for families.

image.thumb.jpg.4f08d7dabfb09e2a5a857d49dfa9f073.jpg

And yes, the "kiddie coaster of death" with the cemetery on the other side is still here. Be sure to pay your respects as you crest the lift hill! :)

image.thumb.jpg.3f1b9359d36e12c4580c88323546d121.jpg

TPR having fun on a classic woodie!

image.thumb.jpg.7f40a02878b4ced7b2e0876480671a95.jpg

And they so have a CRAZY wild mouse here!

image.thumb.jpg.4299c6143fb0791c9ef2f850e3226853.jpg

And of course... What happens on a TPR tour... Gets posted to the Internet! :)

Edited by robbalvey