TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stupid POV commentary

chasbron

(I don't know if this is the right place to say this.)

I can't understand why people have a problem with Robb's talk and commentating during POVs. Personally, I think it really helps give an understanding of the best parts of the ride as well as the intensity. Is there a reason everyone hates it?? Sorry just wondering.

Chas

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone hates it at all. In fact most people like it quite a bit. It's just the crazy people that want to hear the 'natural roller coaster noise only' that get all bent out of shape. Or stupid YouTube people that just want to try and annoy Robb!

Not everyone hates it at all. In fact most people like it quite a bit. It's just the crazy people that want to hear the 'natural roller coaster noise only' that get all bent out of shape. Or stupid YouTube people that just want to try and annoy Robb!

Emphasis on "crazy people!"

I loved how on the Iron Shark video, you put in a second POV with no commentary just to mock the people who hate your commentary. Your commentary always makes me laugh and I think it really adds something to the video, don't know what's wrong with the people who don't like it.

Robb's commentary is good, one thing that you have to keep in mind is that the public is generally stupid when it comes to theme parks, roller coasters, ect. It's just a fun way to spend one or two weekends a year to most people. Also keep in mind that not everyone in the GP is stupid, just a lot of them are compared to the kinds if people you'll see here.

I say we have fun with it.... we can make a drinking game or something... do a shot everytime Robb says "Twistie!!!!" ROFL

seriously though, I look forward to the commentary.... !!!!!!! keep it up!!!

JeromyL from Las Vegas

• 3 weeks later...

I feel sorry for those who annoy Robb.

• 3 weeks later...

The commentary doesn't bother me but I guess I am a crazy person because I like the natural sounds better. I'm the same way with snowboarding. I won't listen to music because I like to hear my board on the snow.

• 2 weeks later...

^I won't listen to music on my snowboard because I want to hear if there is someone behind me and make sure they don't crash into me or I don't cut in front of them making them crash into me.

Back on topic, I like the commentary on the POVs. I usually get a good laugh out of them. Sometimes the silent POVs can be boring. I mean, does anybody ever ride a rollercoaster and only hear the natural sounds and no one screaming in the background? The people talking/screaming on the ride seems more natural to me.

I don't like "silent" POV videos (they're sort of creepy... like everyone on the ride just died suddenly and it's running with a train full of corpses). But neither do I want to listen to someone yell and shout through the whole thing. I like hearing 1) the sound of the coaster and 2) the sounds of ALL the people on the ride (the background screams, laughs, random comments, etc). So ideally, I'd love POV videos with no commentary, just the normal, everyday sounds of the ride.

I don't like "silent" POV videos (they're sort of creepy... like everyone on the ride just died suddenly and it's running with a train full of corpses). But neither do I want to listen to someone yell and shout through the whole thing. I like hearing 1) the sound of the coaster and 2) the sounds of ALL the people on the ride (the background screams, laughs, random comments, etc). So ideally, I'd love POV videos with no commentary, just the normal, everyday sounds of the ride.

Great! Then visit a different channel other than TPR. That's not the kind of video we make.

Great! Then visit a different channel other than TPR. That's not the kind of video we make.

I'll visit the channels I choose to visit, thanks. I enjoy TPR videos as well as others. We ARE allowed to have our own thoughts and opinions... amiright?

I'll visit the channels I choose to visit, thanks. I enjoy TPR videos as well as others. We ARE allowed to have our own thoughts and opinions... amiright?

You're not allowed to be obnoxious to the person who owns, pays for, and runs the site. So far the majority of your posts have been annoying and/or terrible. Robb was just pointing out the obvious that you don't really seem to fit in here and that there are other sites that would probably be better for you.

If you want to be a real, active, contributing member of this community you should get your attitude under control.

We ARE allowed to have our own thoughts and opinions... amiright?

First off, what Elissa said. Second, don't EVEN give me this "I'm allowed to have my own opinion, right?" bullshit.

Yes, YOU are allowed to have your own opinion, and I'm allowed to have my own opinion about your opinion.

And I think you're being a complete rude, obnoxious, terrible person that I personally don't want anywhere near Theme Park Review. I'm refunding your Club TPR Membership and banning your account.

Your attitude is not becoming of a Club TPR Member.

--Robb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have t be honest, before I found themeparkreview.com, I hated Robb's commentary. Now after spending time on this site, and reading his posts and watching more of his video, I look forward to them. I actually feel a little sad when there's a video without his commentary. Lol.

Great job on the videos, Robb.

• 2 weeks later...

The POV's that are filmed almost always make the ride look smooth. I was watching the Goudurix POV on my copy of Roller Coasters in the Raw HD, and it says before the POV starts, "the coaster is actually rough and the POV makes the ride look smooth." Robb's commentary is actually essential to the videos, they all look smooth but the commentary gives you an idea of how the ride actually is.

"Wheeeeee" = Fun

"TWISTYYYY" = The ride is twisty

"OOOHHH!" = Airtime

"Ouch/%#&@" = That was pretty painful

. . . or something along those lines.

In a way, the commentary is essential to the POV. You'll never get the full experience as your not experiencing the ride for yourself and feeling the forces, but it is good to get a general idea.

And it's absolutely hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...