TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

Ejector seat in the Phoenix is incredible; my rear is hardly ever touching it lol. No seat belts either, LOVE it. I'm actually getting to be a bit of a wuss about it...given the right position, it would be so easy to just fly out of the seat.

I haven't been on MForce in a few years but I remember it having awesome airtime. Nitro @ GADV too...I LOVE the bunny hops at the end

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never ridden a S:ROS before so don't kill me if they top this...but honestly, I'd have to say Cornball Express at Indiana Beach. With the single buzzbars that only go down to the divider, you're flying around in your seat with ejector airtime on every hill. <3 the drop by the lake.

Phoenix is pretty incredible!

Having just got back from Canobie, I have to say that Yankee Cannonball has a lot of great airtime (almost ejector force) in the very last row. The rest of the train is pretty weak, but that last row is pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...

I was so glad not to be disappointed by SCBB Giant Dipper! Some days I even think it's my favorite wooden coaster (then again, there's only Tremors and Timber Terror for competition).

Buzz bars...no seatbelts...the most utterly forceful and conspicuous airtime I've ever experienced, on almost every hill! Especially this one hill which I grew to love. There's nothing I don't like about this coaster, and it just gets better as the day goes by.

For me, it's a tie between Bizzaro(RoS) and ET - Intamin ejector air heaven!

When MF is running fast, it can provide amazing floating air on all the hills, while Maverick is very impressive too - just not to the level of RoS or ET (imo).

I'd have to say El Toro, especially the one infamous ejector hill over Rolling Thunder. The other hills are good too, but that one hill is the one that stood out the most for me.

Maverick has a few good pops, Diamondback and Behemoth both had a great amount of air, Ravine Flyer two had amazing airtime over the hills it had (especially the one in the tunnel over the road), and Nitro had some good airtime as well. Magnum can be a hit or miss, because although it has good airtime, sometimes the roughness just kills it.. But if it's running trimless, it's fantastic. Phantom's Revenge had great airtime over the hills too, but it just had too few bunny hops for me. If it had a few more I'd say it has some of the best airtime ever.

Another coaster that had one of the most amazing moments of airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster is Jack Rabbit in the back seat. That double down was just.. Wow.

Thunderhead, Evel Knievel, and Raging Bull are some of the best ones that come to my mind at the moment.

RAGING BULL?! RAGING BULL?! You really can't be serious! It has like, two good pops of ejector in the back seat, and that's it.. When I sat in the front my butt honestly did not leave the seat once.

Evel Knievel has some decent airtime but to me it wasn't really strong enough to be anything to write home about.. It was a great coaster though.

My list includes the following:

Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce)

Phoenix (Knoebels)

Rampage (Alabama Adventure)

Shockwave (Six Flags over Texas)

El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Goliath (La Ronde)

Goliath (Six Flags over Georgia)

Behemoth (Canada's Wonderland)

Thunderhead (Dollywood)

Mystery Mine (Dollywood)

Screaming Eagle (Dixieland)

And on occasion, Mindbender (Six Flags over Georgia)

I was VERY impressed with all the airtime that Evel Knievel provided me...much more so than Thunderhead (or any other GCI, for that matter).

Well, I've only been on two GCI's, which would be Evel and Rumbler.. And I thought Evel had way better airtime than Rumbler, but still, like I said, it does have airtime but it's not airtime that made me go holyy crap I'm flying out of my seat.

Another good coaster for airtime is Shivering Timbers, but only on the trip out if you're in the front seat. Sit anywhere else and you won't get airtime, and the return run has very little of anything.

My list includes the following:

Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce)

Phoenix (Knoebels)

Rampage (Alabama Adventure)

Shockwave (Six Flags over Texas)

El Toro (Six Flags over Georgia)

Goliath (La Ronde)

Goliath (Six Flags over Georgia)

Behemoth (Canada's Wonderland)

Thunderhead (Dollywood)

Mystery Mine (Dollywood)

Screaming Eagle (Dixieland)

And on occasion, Mindbender (Six Flags over Georgia)

Holy crap, when did this happen?