TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get made fun of for this but whatever. Of the rides I've been on Timber Terror at Silverwood has the best airtime. After its first drop it goes over a bunny hill instead of a larger hill. After the first bunny hill it goes up a larger camel back looking hill witch gives you airtime and you get alot of airtime and before you know it, you're out of your seat and trying to duck because there's a great head chopper.

The best and most insane airtime on a woodie can be found on T-Express, ejector on the first drop and a massive airtime on the second hill.

Dodonpa have one of the most abrupt and painful airtime.

// lond

I'm going to also go with "El Toro" for the most extreme and abundant airtime on a any wooden coaster I've Ridden, with "Phoenix" as a close second.

For steel, no doubt "Superman: Ride Of Steel" at Six Flags New England (or now Bizarro!). The only coaster I've heard that rivals the amount and intensity of airtime on Superman is Expedition GeForce... but I haven't ridden that yet!

I'm going to say Dominator after the MCBR, it doesn't take much speed of then flings you out.

Rebel Yell, definitely fun to be flung around on that old thing

Despite the public hatred of it, I love Hurler, it has so much airtime, especially if you're 'in between', meaning the restraint can't go down farther without stapling you, and it's not touching you.

Steel: Titan at SFOT

Wood: Playland at the PNE Coaster. You get tossed around so much on it, and if you're sitting next to someone else you get squished (if they're heavier than you) turning a tight turn. The airtime on that thing is just out of this world! I swear, on the bunny hops at the end I could have stood up completely.

• 1 month later...

Wood: Timber Terror at Silverwood. It seems to me the back seat really is the best!

Steel: Aftershock (fka Deja Vu) at Silverwood. I couldn't scream enough on the first drop down the tower!

I am so psyched about riding the Giant Dipper at SCBB!

Anyway, I'm not biased towards Silverwood. I know those coasters (especially Aftershock) aren't considered "the best". Someday I'll really be able to compare them with other impressive coasters!

I'm going to say Dominator after the MCBR, it doesn't take much speed of then flings you out.

Rebel Yell, definitely fun to be flung around on that old thing

Despite the public hatred of it, I love Hurler, it has so much airtime, especially if you're 'in between', meaning the restraint can't go down farther without stapling you, and it's not touching you.

I agree with you about Dominator. It certainly does not have the best airtime, but there is that moment of insane air off the MCBR.