TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to narrow things down with a few categories.

Best Coaster for Airtime: Steel Vengeance

Coaster with Most Intense Airtime: Skyrush

Best Coaster for Floater Air: Intimidator

Best Coaster for Hangtime: Full Throttle

Coaster(s) with Most Surprising Airtime: Space Mountain (WDW) & Goliath (SFOG)

Coaster with Most Disappointing "Airtime":Hurler (Carowinds)

Best Airtime Moment(s): Quad Down on Lightning Rod

I went to Carowinds Saturday. I had only ridden Fury 325 a couple of times before and I must have been stapled then. Saturday we got in maybe 10 rides and only twice did the ride op push the clamshell down tight. I think it is now my favorite steel coaster for airtime. We got last row for most rides.

"We all float down here, Georgie."

I'm just going to narrow things down with a few categories.

Best Coaster for Airtime: Steel Vengeance

Coaster with Most Intense Airtime: Skyrush

Best Coaster for Floater Air: Intimidator

Best Coaster for Hangtime: YOLOcoaster

Coaster(s) with Most Surprising Airtime: Space Mountain (WDW) & Goliath (SFOG)

Coaster with Most Disappointing "Airtime":Hurler (Carowinds)

Best Airtime Moment(s): Quad Down on Lightning Rod

I agree with you on pretty much all of these, but I would sub Intimidator for Diamondback in the floater category, and add in Fury 325 somewhere because that coaster definitely deserves a medal!

Not sure if I agree that YOLOcoaster deserves any recognition, but at the moment I can't think of a coaster that I like specifically for hangtime.

I'd add in El Toro for some of the Best Airtime Moments category. The drop and first hill are still some of my favorite airtime moments on any coaster, as well as the hill formerly over Rolling Thunder.

Also surprising airtime: Time Traveler. While not known for it's airtime, there are a few surprising moments of airtime that are even more surprising depending on which way you are facing (sideways airtime??!?).

I second the vote Vancouver Playland coaster mentioned above -- the restraints when I rode (which was well over 20 years ago) allowed you to almost stand during some of the airtime. Not sure it's the "best airtime" for me, but it's great....

The restraints I am to guess, were nothing more than the lap bar, as Coaster has never had any other restraints added to it, of any type or kind.

Ever.

And believe me, you can stand during that air time! I let it happen all the time on my rides, and it's like

riding a bucking bronco, truth! And the 2 bunny hops at the end are really what makes it an out-of-your-seat scary marvel.