TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

Any moment on Outlaw Run. Sweet jesus that ride is from another planet.

^This guy gets it. Best ride ever.

I really like the rides with those crazy ejector moments, but I think at the end of the day, I really prefer the kind of prolonged, zero-g first drops and hills. Back seat first drops like those on Millenium Force and Voyage just do it for me man. To me it's a little more nerve wracking.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any moment on Outlaw Run. Sweet jesus that ride is from another planet.

Truth. Almost every second of Outlaw Run has out of this world airtime. Can't wait to get back up there for our first ride of the season on it.

Having not ridden the bull, I would have to say Maverick's first airtime hill or the hill after the photo spot on Bizarro.

Yes!!! Mavericks first drop is a true "OMFG!!" Butt clenching moment... the same as its first airtime hill. Both super amazing moments. However, the still can't beat Outlaw Run.

I agree with El Toro as well but just to add probably my second favorite air time moments are the inversions on wicked cyclone. Being upside down and out of your seat with nothing restricting your arms or shoulders is a wild feeling.

I gotta go with the first loop on Full Throttle. The hangtime is honestly insane, especially if you're in the last row.

If we are excluding hangtime, I would go with Xcelerator's drop. I really love the ejector airtime you get on vertical or near vertical drops. It's just so powerful and lasts so long.

And finally, if we are excluding both hangtime and drops, I would have to go with the drop after the high five element on the blue track of Twisted Colossus. That drop looks like nothing, but it really does a great job getting you out of your seat.

Ejector is Wicked Cyclone's middle name, and just off the first drop you get floater! I adore the outward banks, but remember to pull the seatbelt out from the restraint or you'll be forced to adopt someday

There are a few that stand out to me.

SkyRush first drop and first hill.

I305/MF/Maverick - First drop in back.

Storm Chaser

Sheikra - First drop

I didn't see a recent/similar thread, but if I missed something please go ahead and merge/lock.

On multiple occasions. a thread like this was started and as a moderating team we merged each one into this thread.

To me, I live in England, where there are not many coasters with good amounts of air time at all. Only small pops, like Saw's airtime hill or really mild airtime on 13. The best in the UK, has to be the drop on Oblivion, which is insane! However, last summer I went to Liseberg and I was amazed at what real air time feels like. Helix with the numerous ejector moments, Kanonen with the very intamin like twisty hills, Lisebergbanan had some great floater moments, but there was one ride which stood out, and I guess you can tell, it is Balder. Never have I felt so much like a rollercoaster hated me and wanted to throw me off. I rode first at the start of the day at the front, which was just floaty heaven, but at the end of the day, I braved the back once the track had really warmed up. Wow, that was the most insane persistent and constant ejector airtime I have ever had. It never lost its momentum and used that to get epic kick a$$ airtime to the very last hill. Incredible!

Suprised to see these threads merged, I actually think they're very different things since one was talking about a single moment of airtime and the other was talking about a ride as a whole (sort of like El Toro's first drop vs Phoenix for it's relentless run of successive airtime hills at the end). Oh well.

I can't pick just one, I have to bust it out into separate categories for the ones I've been on;

Single most fun moment of airtime: El Toro's RT crossover hill

Single most "HOLY SH*T I'M GONNA DIE" moment of airtime: Skyrush first drop

Best overall airtime throughout: Wicked Cyclone

I think that Voyage has the best airtime.

So other very good airtime coasters are Superman at SFNE, Lightning Run, and Iron Rattler.

What I like about Voyage is that you actually come out of your seat. Almost all other good coasters for you don't come out of your seat due to the restraints tight against you.

Suprised to see these threads merged, I actually think they're very different things since one was talking about a single moment of airtime and the other was talking about a ride as a whole (sort of like El Toro's first drop vs Phoenix for it's relentless run of successive airtime hills at the end). Oh well.

Agreed. It doesn't really matter all that much but the responses and discussion were intended to be, and initially were, very different from the generic "best airtime coaster" threads. Life goes on.

I can't pick just one, I have to bust it out into separate categories for the ones I've been on;

Single most fun moment of airtime: El Toro's RT crossover hill

Single most "HOLY SH*T I'M GONNA DIE" moment of airtime: Skyrush first drop

Best overall airtime throughout: Wicked Cyclone

I agree completely and those three are my favorite three coasters right now. I got to ride all three of them in the last few weeks. Best three weeks ever

Skyrush in the back on the left.... oh man. A few times I saved a little space under my lapbar and that first drop was literally terrifying! I had my arms up but my instinct was to grab back on when that thing tried to throw me out. Also, the lateral airtime that throws you to the left, when you're in the back left. Terrifying in such an awesome, messed-up way

Also, shout-out to Phoenix in the back row.

This one is tricky, as one may confuse "best" with "strongest/most intense/borderline painful" airtime. For "best", I'd say El Toro and Phoenix both have that "holy crap" or "whee" airtime, whereas Skyrush and Magnum XL have that "yeeeah-OWmylegs" kind of airtime. It's a shame, if only both Skyrush and Magnum were to do something with the lap bars, they'd easily make their way into the "best" airtime category in my book.

This one is tricky, as one may confuse "best" with "strongest/most intense/borderline painful" airtime. For "best", I'd say El Toro and Phoenix both have that "holy crap" or "whee" airtime, whereas Skyrush and Magnum XL have that "yeeeah-OWmylegs" kind of airtime. It's a shame, if only both Skyrush and Magnum were to do something with the lap bars, they'd easily make their way into the "best" airtime category in my book.

Would love to see them redo the lapbars for Magnum as well. I enjoy the back seat and I really try to tough it out for the front seat views but those last hills are ignorant.

• 1 month later...

Of the coasters I've been on definetly Superman the Ride and El Toro. The 3rd hill before the S Sheilds on Superman and the RT crossover on Toro have the crazy ejector air of all the coasters I've been on