TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, I completely agree with that Skull Mountain thing. I don't even know how it's even remotely possible that such a small coaster can give that much airtime at the drop, but somehow it does (it is an Intamin after all, I guess everything they touch has some sort of ejector, haha ). In the back as someone said, you're half way up the lift and then not even a second after, you're somehow at top speed and get launched over the top. I was in complete disbelief that I was getting forces that strong on an indoor coaster, but after riding it twice I could only conclude that it did. That moment alone makes it unskippable if you're at Gadv

The first time I ever rode Skull Mountain I was with a larger friend, and I'm very small myself. I had a solid 4 to 6 inches of clearance between me and the lap bar.

That was incredible, got back into the station and my buddy turns to me and goes "I thought for sure you got thrown out on the first drop"

The Skull Mountain army is growing, lol. This ride is the worlds first "Cult Classic" coaster.

El Toro definitely has the strongest and craziest airtime, especially the RT hill, it's insane. Bizarro/STR is great as well, the hill before the spaghetti bowl is amazing. Boulder a Dash has tons of air but nothing crazy ejector. I love the two hills after the turnaround and all of the double ups and triple up.

Skyrush gives the best ejector air time of any ride. It feels like after that first floater hill the ride is trying to throw you of your seat the entire time, lol.

Yes especially the rear outer seats, I kept re-checking my restraint during the ride. It's that wild!

Skyrush gives the best ejector air time of any ride. It feels like after that first floater hill the ride is trying to throw you of your seat the entire time, lol.

Yes especially the rear outer seats, I kept re-checking my restraint during the ride. It's that wild!

Same! Sky rush was one of the few rides I actually thought I was gonna fly out on. I loved the airtime but I absolutely despised the restraints. The fact that they release for a second on the brake run is hilarious and super helpful.

lol the Skull Mountain back seat cult is becoming a thing . Seriously, anyone who doubts it, go try it out in the back seat for yourself. You'll be a member of the cult of Skull Mountain

Fixed

^ No one should have to make you ride it. Just go to the park and The Mountain will call out to you.

You guys are killing me with this. I have no idea how a thread called "Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???" became the Skull Mountain appreciation thread when the same damn park has a ride that delivers such ridiculous airtime that it does this during what appears to be morning ERT on an empty train...

But I'm not going to complain, I'm beyond entertained right now. lol

A bunch of threads on here have become Skull Mountain appreciation threads. You know why? Because he's the true underdog of the community. But he holds the power. And with that power - day by day, he converts yet another hapless enthusiast into a disciple of his almighty persuasive and unexpected force.

Seriously this is hilarious and I love that it keeps coming up. Can we please have a TPR meetup and take over a train already?? (even tho we'd all fight for the back row)

Related: coasterbill texted me this from the park the other day. true story.

12067372_10207080913455610_1859500558_n.thumb.jpg.4cd84b55443d60eb3f5de3b930a10d62.jpg

Skull Mountain is taking over this thread! (And the rest of TPR it seems)

But on another note, I'm mad that I went to HP the year Skyrush was announced, and I haven't been there since so I haven't got the chance to do Skyrush yet. It sounds amazing, and from what I can see from the shaping in the pictures, it is one hell of an experience

I was totally bummed out when there was no ERT on Skull Mountain a couple years ago when I was there in '12. Right after my first ride it became my #1 (and has been in my sig as such since). Superb theming and insane airtime (back row)? Yes please.

After that, I'd have to go with Phoenix at Knoebels. While Skyrush has the most intense ejector airtime I've experienced, I just found Phoenix's airtime buffet "more fun."

Just to stop the hype train on Skull Mountain, the only bad thing about that back row, there's a lot of "surging" in the train (at least the last time I rode it) to the point where it felt like the entire train was punching me in the back over and over again. That being said, last car airtime is /still/ worth it.

Also that picture of Toro's wheels coming that far off the track is just insanity. That ride provides the most sustained ejector airtime I've ever felt, but I had no idea just how far the main wheels came up.

As much as I love Toro's airtime, I feel that Phoenix provides more enjoyable airtime. I much prefer that feeling of touching nothing in the train, then being pinned to the restraint on Toro.

Just to stop the hype train on Skull Mountain, the only bad thing about that back row, there's a lot of "surging" in the train (at least the last time I rode it) to the point where it felt like the entire train was punching me in the back over and over again. That being said, last car airtime is /still/ worth it.

First off, you absolutely cannot stop the hype train on Skull Mountain. This is now a movement and we'll stop at nothing to get this monster to the tippy top of next years Mitch Hawker. Secondly, I get the surging thing you are talking about, I feel that too. But I'm too distracted by the excellently bad blaring death metal and two randomly placed half ass props keeping me giggling beyond control anytime I ride to really care.