TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Gives The Best AIRTIME???

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering there isn't much airtime in the UK, the standouts have to be:

Megafobia (Oakwood) - The entire first drop provides insane airtime in the back row

and

Grand National (Pleasure Beach Blackpool) - The double down on this ride is pretty intense too and is a great start to a layout pretty full of airtime (by UK standards)

Oh and if drop towers count,

Detonator (Thorpe Park) - Got to love the Fabbri Towers, their drops are just incredible, providing airtime that I would argue is even better than the Intamin's/S&S's that I have been on.

For the top single moment, I have to go with the Jack Rabbit's double dip. I was expecting it to be great, but it still blew me away.

I also love the airtime on Phoenix, Boulder Dash, the Coney Island Cyclone, El Toro, and SkyRush.

Raging Bull's first drop in the back seat

Voyage's triple down

Conneaut's Blue Streak's first two hills in the back seat - it's a stand-up coaster!

Kennywood's Jack Rabbit double down and Phantom's Revenge's bunny hops next to the station

Larson Super Shot drop towers like X Scream at Waldameer

Maverick's first drop and the hill before the horseshoe turn/inversions

The last two bunny hops on Coaster at Playland (PNE).

Honestly? If you ride it right, you can literally stand UP

in the car at the top of each hop, and the forces keep

you in place and shove you back down when you hit the

bottom of the hops.

It's some of the most extreme air time in any small wooden

coaster I have been on, overseas and locally.

So I edit out that first remark, with the Entire Coaster for OMfG AirTime!

And this coaster still proves you are totally safe on a coaster,

without seat belts and/or shoulder restraints.

PlaylandCoaster.JPG.2de2cf354a8f641c4a99004685066a04.JPG

Old photo - but the Coaster remains as amped up, as ever. (o:

^^Whoa, the cars on that coaster are sick... Just now realized they are in fact NOT Millennium Flyers.

Anyways, my vote for favorite moment of airtime on a coaster goes to the first drop on Fahrenheit in the back row of the third car... Its absolutely insane, even if the rest of the coaster is kinda meh .

In number two is Diamondback, all of it. I absolutely love that ride.

El Toro in the backseat gives some magnificent airtime. Had to push the lapbar further down during the ride.

Cyclone at SFNE's old first drop had massive airtime, to the point you thought you were going to be thrown out. My first time with that I thought I was gonna fly over the turn over the first drop.

Yankee Cannonball at Canobie Lake Park has some insane airtime. For going 35 MPH and 63 feet high, the airtime is unforgettable. 2nd small drop is great.

Skyrush- first drop back seat is a horrifying drop.

Cyclone at SFNE's old first drop had massive airtime, to the point you thought you were going to be thrown out. My first time with that I thought I was gonna fly over the turn over the first drop.

Yes the original first drop provided massive airtime.

But it was re-profiled in 2001 and based on your profile you were 2 years old at that time. You must have been a big infant with an incredible memory.

Yes the original first drop provided massive airtime.

But it was re-profiled in 2001 and based on your profile you were 2 years old at that time. You must have been a big infant with an incredible memory.

I'm sorry, I should've rephrased that.

I meant to say the wooden version, the new drop I was referring to was Wicked Cyclones.

Raging Bull 1st drop, back row

SfGam Goliath's airtime hill

American Eagle Red's drop out of the helix back row

Viper's double down back row

Cheetah Hunt airtime hill

Raging Bull does have an amazing first drop, which make the fact that the ride pretty much dies after that all the more disappointing.

Im sures its been said 100 times, but El Toro takes the cake on airtime. Its non-stop ejector that is sustained like floater. Not to mention there are at least 6 major points of ejector.

Honorable mentioms go to Magnum's return run, Skyrush, Maverick, and Skull Mountain. Skully's first drop in the last row is a GREAT pop of air.