TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang coming to India

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-06-28/ahmedabad/40254475_1_kankaria-balvatika-roller-coaster

Prepare for a thrilling rollercoaster ride at Kankaria in December this year. South Asia's first 'boomerang roller coaster' by Vekoma will thrill citizens in the city at the new Balvatika in Kankaria by the end of this year.

The roller coaster is said to achieve speeds of up to 105.6 km/h. The ride begins when the train slowly reverses out of the small station and up a particular vertical lift, pulled by a catch car. Once the car reaches the top of the lift, with riders facing straight down, and the legs dangling in the air, the train is released. It thens zoom through the station heading straight into a tall 'Bomerang'. "The design of the Boomerang is kept secret as it will produce a lot of shrieks," says a senior AMC official.

The rollercoaster is being installed by Amrapali industries, which is one among the two agencies that will set up rides at Balvatika. After twisting through the Bomerang, riders will go through a trail which crosses over the station and hit the second vertical incline. A catch car there pulls the train up the second vertical elevation, this time with riders facing the sky. After the train reaches the top of the tower, it is released to cycle backward through the layout. The train then goes through the station and heads up the first vertical lift again.

Apart from these rides there are other interesting amusement rides being developed in Balvatika. These include Discovery, Maverick, Vertical Swing, Ring of Fire, a carousel, Mega Disc O, Tower Ride, Sky Fly and paintball. "Kids will love the paintball as it involves forming teams and shooting down opponents using a paint ball gun," says the AMC official.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. I'm glad to see more Giant Inverted Boomerangs being built as they're really fun rides as well as seeing more big roller coasters being built in India.

Good thing India has lots of close by tech support---because they'll be needing it!

GIB's are a great concept, but by all accounts---very unreliable.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-06-28/ahmedabad/40254475_1_kankaria-balvatika-roller-coaster

It thens zoom through the station heading straight into a tall 'Bomerang'. "The design of the Boomerang is kept secret as it will produce a lot of shrieks," says a senior AMC official.

I'm sorry, but I don't recall cobra rolls being a Vekoma secret. It seems like B&M stole the element's design from deep inside corporate headquarters.

Forgot the smilie.

Edited by trj820

Good thing India has lots of close by tech support---because they'll be needing it!

GIB's are a great concept, but by all accounts---very unreliable.

Silverwood claims that their model "Aftershock" has had very little down time. I don't know why they have had a better experience than Six Flags. I heard this from a maintenance person there. It's a great ride.

^ I've heard Vekoma did some work to it before they moved it to Silverwood.

That's correct. Vekoma was meant to do that work on all of the three clones, when at Six Flags, but they never did because Six Flags refused to pay for the rides in some way. Otherwise they might have been operating on a more reliable basis.

^ I've heard Vekoma did some work to it before they moved it to Silverwood.

That's correct. Vekoma was meant to do that work on all of the three clones, when at Six Flags, but they never did because Six Flags refused to pay for the rides in some way. Otherwise they might have been operating on a more reliable basis.

IIRC, Six Flags didn't pay because of all the issues they had with them, claiming it was Vekoma who breached their contract. I believe they ultimately contracted Premier to try and get them running more reliably.

• 10 months later...

And here we have some construction photos of the Giant Inverted Boomerang!

No wait... it seems to not be Giant or Inverted... hmmmmm

And here we have some construction photos of the Junior boomerang.

Source

This year's award for most misleading marketing goes to.....

Edited by Gutterflower