TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR SYFY MOVIE NIGHT: SHARKNADO

Hey mods... if someone could help with this please. There has not been a TPR Syfy movie chat watch for a while... a lot of people are busy and I know it's not necessarily the most convenient time, but then I saw the trailer for SHARKNADO! It will probably answer the basic question we have all been asking for all our lives "What would happen if a giant tornado swallowed up A TON of sharks?" Like I said... I would not usually call a movie night, but it's the summer for a lot of us, there are quite a few new members, we have not had one in a LONG TIME, and not only are SYFY movies TPR tradition... but... IT'S A DAMN TORNADO... MADE OF SHARKS! That(to me at least) seems like a good reason to call for a chat. Like I said it would be awesome if this was a "official thing" as I LOVE watching syfy movies with TPR!

io9.com/the-sharknado-trailer-is-the-greatest-thing-youll-see-662404733

^ The trailer/premise. I would do a youtube embed but my computer seems to hate putting youtube videos on TPR for some reason.

Also as a slight bonus we have see Tiffany in a lot of these movies, but for those of us who were not yet born this movie has... TARA REID! AKA The star of Van Wilder and a prominent character in the first two American Pies! Crazy she's doing this now! Washed up actors and actresses are the best.

So for review... Sharks+A Tornado= TPR MOVIE NIGHT!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it an official TPR Movie Night due to other commitments and things going on tomorrow. Feel free to jump in the chat room on your own and discuss the movie, though!

Looking at the schedule, it seems they're showing new movies on Thursdays now (there's something called BLAST VEGAS coming up!). I'm thinking they're just doing this for the summer, as people are not around as much on weekends. I do prefer these on Saturday nights, though!

dt

The acting and effects deserve academy awards.

Not the best of the syfy movies, but not the worst either. I'm glad they are getting more exposure...that means they'll keep making them!

Hmm--it seemed to me last night that it was less dangerous to let a "sharknado" run its course than it was to drop a bomb in a "sharknado" to try to stop it.

Yeah, I don't know what they did to make this movie explode so much on social media. It wasn't even in my top 10 Asylum movies, but they certainly did something right!

Although, I'm kind of ready for it to die now. Even McDonalds was tweeting Sharknado related stuff!

Yeah, I don't know what they did to make this movie explode so much on social media. It wasn't even in my top 10 Asylum movies, but they certainly did something right!

Although, I'm kind of ready for it to die now. Even McDonalds was tweeting Sharknado related stuff!

Lokks like Sharknado has made it to the Amusement Park world. Of course my home park is the one to do it though......

The good thing about the SharkNado hype is that it will only encourage SyFy to keep ordering more movies from Asylum!

I just hope it doesn't increase the budgets and make them more like real movies!

The good thing about the SharkNado hype is that it will only encourage SyFy to keep ordering more movies from Asylum!

I just hope it doesn't increase the budgets and make them more like real movies!

I like to think they blow nearly all their budget on one actor/actress with "real star-power" like Tara Reid and the restis just an after-thought.

Although the amount of articles that have appeared for sharknado in the last 12 hours is quite astounding.

^My favorites, in no particular order:

Megapiranha

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

Mega Shark vs. Crocasaurus

Mega Python vs. Gateroid (starring Debbie Gibson AND Tiffany!!!)

Jersey Shore Shark Attack

Supergator (not sure if this is Asylum or not, but it's still awesome!)

And two that are definitely not from The Asylum, but must be seen by anyone with even the slightest interest in these sorts of movies:

Sharktopus

Shark Attack 3 (this is still the greatest movie ever made)

dt

• 3 weeks later...