TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

FRESH Theme Park Food

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see more fresh Asian options like Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese. Also food dishes inspired by the gourmet food trucks of LA, SF, NY, etc. Yakitori would be really nice and would be easy to make and easy to eat on the go while walking through a park or waiting in line. Any food that is innovative/interesting and not something you can get anywhere like the same ole burgers, fries, pizza, etc would be a welcome sight. I like the Bengal BBQ and Dole Whip at Disneyland. I would also like the US Disney parks to implement the different flavors of popcorn.

I'd just like to have any kind of edible food in the park at all. Out here in California at SFDK and SFMM the food options are practically non existent. At SFMM the Mooseburger lodge is decent, at SFDK I have yet to find any food worth eating. The Icees are probably the best cuisine in the park. I never eat in the parks, I always find a restaurant outside to go to.

Disney is of course a notable exception. There are several excellent dining choices at Disneyland Anaheim, my favorite being Blue Bayou. Club 33 is impeccable by anyone's standards but good luck getting in.

Full disclosure the one major park in CA I haven't been to (at least since I was about 5 yrs old) is Knotts Berry Farm. Hope to make it down there later this summer.

Club 33 is impeccable by anyone's standards but good luck getting in.

Club 33 is about an par with a decent cruise ship dining room. People always hype it up more than they should because they want to feel important because they've eaten there. It's really not that big of a deal and its not amazing.

I was at Michigan's Adventure on Thursday and got a very nice fresh fruit bowl for around $6.75 in the water park. I probably wouldn't have gotten it, but a guy in front of me got one and it looked quite good.

The fruit was very fresh, not soggy (strawberries, grapes and melons) and the serving was enough to easily feed two...hope to see more of these at CF parks!

I'm "new" on the healthy food scene (I used to be "fried food? Perfect!") so maybe this is the norm but any kind of "fresh" or "healthy" food at parks (or at stadiums and arenas for that matter) is alway prepackaged and is either salads or fruit bowls. The Sea World parks seem to be the only spot I can find a fresh fruit cut up that doesn't look like it has been sitting in a bag or container for days (I'm talking to you Disney... promoting apple slices as an alternative to fries but they are bagged up from who knows how long!).

I would love to see a fresh salad bar... only if parks could stop adding Chick-fil-A and add Sweet Tomatoes instead (for those who don't know what that is... click the link and discover the awesomeness - there is one a half a mile from Universal Orlando if you are coming to town!).

^To be fair, those fresh items are actually pretty fresh---they're made in the parks production kitchens and delivered fresh to the restaurants. USH has the "international cafe," which gets deliveries of freshly made packaged sandwiches 2-3 times a day.

I personally wish there was a way to hunt my own animals and eat their raw flesh whilst at an amusement park. Nothing fresher.

HAHA Ted Nugent's Kill 'N Grill (American Dad reference)

No guns. Can only use a spear.

^To be fair, those fresh items are actually pretty fresh---they're made in the parks production kitchens and delivered fresh to the restaurants. USH has the "international cafe," which gets deliveries of freshly made packaged sandwiches 2-3 times a day.

That's great to hear - when I worked at Disney the cups of fruit and sandwiches sat in the cooler for a day or overnight (we always got the "past serve" food in the admin offices if they didn't sell). This was several years ago so perhaps there is new standards.

The freshest food in a theme park that I have encounter is at Dollywood.

Other parks need to take notes!

Thing about it is if more parks served the quality of food that Dollywood, I would not be able to fit on the rides!

^ and ^^

That's the key to fresh food in theme parks: you still have to be able to make it quick enough (frying it) or in large enough quantities (giant skillets @ Dollywood) that you can still sell enough to make a profit. People don't want to wait a long time for their food when visiting a theme park.

I'm getting the feeling many people, including the original poster, are confused between "fresh" and "healthy" food. I gotta be honest, I really don't know what the food being "fresh" has to do with it. I mean, you could take some really fresh vegetables or meat and deep fry the crap out of it and I'm not sure how that's any better than some things you already get in theme parks.

Here, let me just spell it out for you - You're going to an amusement park. Unless you're going to a park that caters to foodies, you're probably not going to discover much "fine dining" at a park.

I'm not even sure that really needs to change that much. You know, it is what it is, right? I don't go to amusement parks, concert venues, sporting areas, etc, for the great food. Sure, some of them may have some decent offerings and it's great when you find that, but parks are about rides and attractions first, and that's what you have to keep in mind.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with the food offerings in a park, chances are there's gonna be a nice place to get a lunch or dinner within 5 miles of the park.

Maybe that's your better option?

--Robb

I'm getting the feeling many people, including the original poster, are confused between "fresh" and "healthy" food. I gotta be honest, I really don't know what the food being "fresh" has to do with it. I mean, you could take some really fresh vegetables or meat and deep fry the crap out of it and I'm not sure how that's any better than some things you already get in theme parks.

--Robb

Exactly--I'm not clear on what the original poster meant, either. "Fresh" food can be every bit as unhealthy as "processed" food depending on how it's cooked.