TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review In The TOP TEN?!?

I knew that refresh bot I programmed to latch onto the site would be handy!

In all seriousness, congrants, Robb and Elissa. It's good to know all that bandwidth money goes towards something.

But I'm wondering why the bleep SIX FLAGS is #1. You'd think it'd be like Disney or something. If only Six Flags' gate numbers were like their web numbers... then they wouldn't have to worry about debt!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, the one major that I'm sure would be #1 if it were in that category is "Walt Disney World." Oddly enough, the WDW site seems to fall under "Film & Television Studios - Disney" because I think it's part of the Disney Studio's website.

--Robb

But I'm wondering why the bleep SIX FLAGS is #1. You'd think it'd be like Disney or something. If only Six Flags' gate numbers were like their web numbers... then they wouldn't have to worry about debt!

Alexa groups everything by domain and since Six Flags hosts all their holding under one domain, then naturally they would be number one. This is the same reason why the Paramount Parks are so low.

This type of ranking also gives an extra boost to sites like Coasterbuzz.com because they host multiple sites on the same domain name (badnitris, kennywoodboulevard, etc).

In my case, I am trying to keep mine from falling since moving whentoride.com to it's own domain. So far the site is holding up on it's own.

^ It's a bummer that I need to have our videos hosted on other 'storage' sites. =( If I could find that amount of bandwidth in one place for the price I get now, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I have yet to be able to find that good of a deal....

--Robb "Any suggestions?" Alvey

Um, with the sudden Burst of Onliners yesterday late afternoon (over 1300, mm'yes) - does that b-b-bump the numbers up for Ye Olde Website Standing???

Thought I'd enquire - with hope.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

V re: digg.com? Not knowing about...? Well, now ya do, LOL!

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 7 months later...
How long has the site been under 10,000? Thanks Fantazy Land, I guess.

Still hard to believe a "roller coaster fansite" would be up that high...

Oh, and congrats of course

We've actually been hovering around 10,000 for a while now. The first time we dipped under was when we had the flooded Six Flags New Orleans photos and then now the Fantazy Land photos.

It's been mostly in part to our awesome readers who continue to post these great "interesting" (how else do you say totally messed up, random insanity?) trip reports that IMO sets us apart.

See! Our random fun and sense of humor pays off!

--Robb "Now if only a Kim Possible thread could launch us even farther..." Alvey