TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the magic seat on an Arrow Coaster?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which Arrow coaster your talking about. A back seat ride on the Matterhorn Bobsleds is going to be different than a back seat ride on X2 or a back seat ride on Viper. The only way to answer your question is to ride every Arrow coaster in every seat and take notes. Now you've got a lot of coasters to ride, so I suggest you get started soon kailisun98.

^I don't think I've ever seen a test seat for an Arrow, their seats seem to be fairly generous. I did witness someone take the walk of shame on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride though, maybe that needs a test seat out front...

Back row on Magnum has some awesome airtime, especially if your lapbar is a little loose!

On a lot of the loopers I have ridden i usually prefer the last seat. As someone said before the pop of airtime is rather awesome. In order to deal with the roughness I have not found a magic seat, but have been able to minimize the roughness through proper riding.

Anaconda first 4 rows or very last. Middle gets the worst of "the spot".

Loch Ness very front and back is fun, but the spine-jarring increases the further back you go. Just watch that first curve in the front.

^I remember riding in the last car on the Anaconda ten years ago, about eight or nine times in a row. Besides the one transition after the MCBR, I didn't have any problem with head banging at all. Can't say the same when I rode in the second car later on, that was brutal.

In general, I find the second to last seat on Arrow Loopers to be better than the rest (probably something to do with the nose car on the back and the wheels in front), on coaster like Magnum XL 200, as long as you avoid the box seat (third row of each car) then it's good.

In general, I find the second to last seat on Arrow Loopers to be better than the rest (probably something to do with the nose car on the back and the wheels in front), on coaster like Magnum XL 200, as long as you avoid the box seat (third row of each car) then it's good.

What is a "box seat"? Wheel seat? By the way, isn't Magnum seat car 1- row-3 considered to be the WTF AIRTIME seat?

To me, it got to be any seat in the odd number row of the coaster train because they have extra leg room for my long legs. The even number rows force my knees to buckle up against the back of the row in front. The front row has all the leg room I need, so I try to ride up front.

I thought the "magic" seat on Arrow and Vekoma loopers was supposed to be one of the rows of car 6 on a 7 car train according to Robb. He has a video of SFOG Ninja that talks about the special seat, I think there is even a POV of the smooth seat on the DVDs and probably on his youtube channel. Personally, I've never had a problem on coasters like CP's Corkscrew, SFGAm's Demon, or the stock Arrow Corkscrew designs. I get the same headbanging in every seat on SFStL's Ninja and VF's Corkscrew in the final helix. I can't remember any more how rough Orient Express and Shockwave were.