TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2013 Japan Trip - Mini Updates!

That is a sweet video of that ride. That thing is hauling. I had no idea there was so many ultra twisters rides still left. I thought there was just like one after the one at Astroworld closed. So your saying I can ride Jaws (which one of my favorite rides) and two awesome Ultra Twisters rides (which was always a fun unique ride at Astroworld). It's like reliving my childhood. Seriously, I'm going to start saving up for the next TPR Japan trip today. To much awesomeness in Japan.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So your saying I can ride Jaws (which one of my favorite rides) and two awesome Ultra Twisters rides (which was always a fun unique ride at Astroworld).

Actually THREE! There is one down at Mitsui Greenland also. (Technically four as there is one more in Japan we still haven't done!)

I may be imagining things, but didn't Ultra Twister at Six Flags Astroworld run quite a bit slower than that? I seem to remember watching one of those old coaster shows and it took the heartline rolls MUCH slower. That last video is like "Eagle Fortress" insanely fast.

Edited by ernierocker

I may be imagining things, but didn't Ultra Twister at Six Flags Astroworld run quite a bit slower than that? I seem to remember watching one of those old coaster shows and it took the heartline rolls MUCH slower. That last video is like "Eagle Fortress" insanely fast.

Astroworld's didn't have a dive loop in it. Here, compare the two:

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah Ultra Twister at Astroworld had some speed on that first drop. They had just painted it a couple of seasons before it closed down too. Just a shame they never rebuilt it anywhere. It was a quick ride but nothing compared to the one with the dive loop.

Edited by Mrlittle

Yeah, I knew it didn't have a dive loop. What I meant was even the one you rode earlier in the week at Nagashima Spa Land seemed to run faster through the hearline rolls. But, now that you have posted that POV, it was hauling more ass than I remembered.

"The new trains were pretty cool. Certainly gave you more of a feeling of "speed" than the previous ones."

That's all I needed to hear.

Dear CedarFair,

Please order some of these trains for Wild Thing.

Thank you.

Wow - been away for a bit due to a job change. I get to come back to AWESOME Japan updates. I love seeing my friends having such a great time. The only thing better would be for me to be there with you all!!!

Wow - been away for a bit due to a job change. I get to come back to AWESOME Japan updates. I love seeing my friends having such a great time. The only thing better would be for me to be there with you all!!!

You and me both!!! I couldn't take a trip this year due to job instability...here's hoping for next year! Let me know if you decide to sign up for a trip. It is so great to see familiar faces having a blast in Japan though...scream a little for me!

Wow I didn't know Nagashima Spa Land relocated their Ultra Twister. It used to be right next to the corkscrew, but now it's all the way on the other side of the park! Robb, have you seen anything that they're expanding or something?

Wow I didn't know Nagashima Spa Land relocated their Ultra Twister. It used to be right next to the corkscrew, but now it's all the way on the other side of the park! Robb, have you seen anything that they're expanding or something?

Yes, they moved both the Corkscrew and Ultra Twister and built a really nice new kids area!

Just wanted to post this clip of the Dive Loop Ultra Twister at Rusutsu. This ride is effing CRAZY! This footage is NOT SPED UP!!!

I kept thinking I can't wait to see a TPR quality POV of this and then realized I was thinking it 2 years later than everyone else

Long hair girl like Miss Tennessee should tie up her hair. Look up the photos when she was on Twister. Scarely enough!!!

Tonight I came back to the Yakitori restaurant to say thank you. The owner told me that TPR drunk up too much on

"all we can drink system" and they lost. LOLOLOLO

Long hair girl like Miss Tennessee should tie up her hair. Look up the photos when she was on Twister. Scarely enough!!!

Tonight I came back to the Yakitori restaurant to say thank you. The owner told me that TPR drunk up too much on

"all we can drink system" and they lost. LOLOLOLO

LOL! Thanks for the update! Your hospitality while on our tour was very much appreciated!

Sorry that I haven't posted much in the last few days. It's been a whirlwind of crazy for us! Please check our Facebook and Twitter for live updates!

The Aquatopia thing you keep referencing is really intriguing me. Just what in the hell is their purpose. Is it a ride that follows a track and if so what all do you actually see/experience while on it? I am thinking of the boats in the little lagoon at Dutch Wonderland.....Dragon's Lair.

Sorry that I haven't posted much in the last few days. It's been a whirlwind of crazy for us! Please check our Facebook and Twitter for live updates!

The Aquatopia thing you keep referencing is really intriguing me. Just what in the hell is their purpose. Is it a ride that follows a track and if so what all do you actually see/experience while on it? I am thinking of the boats in the little lagoon at Dutch Wonderland.....Dragon's Lair.

Here's the TPR video of Aquatopia. It's a trackless ride I think, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, just as a water ride.

Here's the TPR video of Aquatopia. It's a trackless ride I think, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, just as a water ride.

Well now, that was just.....Weird?

Comapring it to Robb's new video today, I feel like you can see the routes the cars follow much more clearly than you used to, when I went last February you could see the route clearly the same as the newvideo so I'd assumed it always looked like that but looking at the 2 videos 1 after the other it just looks different..... It's still a really fun random ride though.