TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Your Favorite Park a Chain or Independent?

Is your favorite park a chain or independently owned.  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is your favorite park a chain or independently owned.

• Chain (ex: Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Disney, etc.)
    • Independent

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough decision. Alton Towers is independant and very easy access for myself, but theres nothing like a WDW holiday in Florida!

Actually, Alton is a chain-park owned by Merlin Entertainement.

My favorite park has to be Liseberg, which is independent. But I have had many enjoyable moments at other parks visited, most of them are in different chains.

Europa Park (independent) is easily the best park I've been to as of now, and my 2nd visit to the park in back in July 2012 is NOT going to be my last. It's too f**king amazing for words to describe it.

I forgot about Europa Park, defintiely right up their at 1A behind my other favorites.

Current favorite is Dollywood, so I am saying chain (Herschend). Before that it was Knott's (also a chain) and SFMM (another chain).

I have only been to a few non-chain parks in my life, and while I enjoyed them, they were not my favorites.

I picked independent. I like the big parks and all for their coasters, but the smaller parks make for a nice change, as they're usually more relaxing, easier on the wallet, and usually have better food. Especially places like Knoebels.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Many independent parks are known for their quirkiness, while uniformity is what chains tend to strive for. But even within chain parks, you can find some marks of individuality. For example, Knott's seems to be reasserting its old personality as of late, even though it's part of Cedar Fair.