TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bellewaerde Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Bellewaerde, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

February 24th, 2005 - Park to get world's first Huss Topple Tower, El Volador (SEE BELOW)

April 24th, 2005 - El Volador opens

September 14th, 2012 - Park closes classoc dark ride Los Piratas

September 14th, 2012 - Zierer indoor family coaster announced for 2013

Original Post:

Hi there !

Here are some news from Belgium !

As you maybe know, Bellewaerde Park (not far from the borderline with France), a typical european familly amusement park (50 years in 2004), with a Dark Ride, a Vekoma Boomerang, a Shoot the Chute, a Space Shot, River Rapids, Flume Rides, various flatrides, shows...), under the management of Six Flags between 2000 and 2004 and of Star Parks since mid-2004, has decided to open a new ride in 2005.

And this new ride will be a World First, the new Huss Topple Tower (which will be build also in Walibi Lorraine -France- this year too), his name is El Volador ; he will open in the Mexico Area just in front of the Dark Ride "Los Piratas" (and behind Boomerang). The design, you saw it during last IAAPA Convention. It's a typical "exotic" thema with a giant bird on the top of the ride.

Today (February 24th) was organized a first press meeting ! Here are no some pictures and informations about El Volador: you can see the press presentation, the building site, piece of rides, etc.

Building Site Construction Pictures

Concept Arts / Simulation Video

Press Release (in french)

Technical datas (in french)

Technical informations (in resume):

Budget: € 2.5 millions (about $ 3 millions)

Capacity: 40 passengers - 800/hours - Time Length: 1.30 min

Height: 20 meters

Diameter gondola: 8 meters

Speed Gondola: 9 rotations / min

Speed Pole: 0.5 rotation / min

Weight: 210 tons

The ride will open next March 26th

S3010961.jpg.be9f1136ee93958827608bfea216957c.jpg

Construction Picture

S3010956.jpg.8fb648b0e8ceb68d08c6c037dd6e2a29.jpg

Construction Picture

S3010954.jpg.7e2cdf734d363dcef1ea5e8a629fb1ee.jpg

Construction Picture

S3010945.jpg.1333ff77b766831838249430708153ed.jpg

Construction Picture

3DUPPERP.jpg.d09e6567906890bb53146c7d421e3e0f.jpg

Concept Art El Volador

3DTOPPLI.jpg.2c8108f2a56ef5c3b3ef610ec1c4f2e4.jpg

Concept Art El Volador

conceptart_elvolador.jpg.46d98b266d86040b263355e313dfe743.jpg

Concept Art El Volador

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in Walibi Lorraine (old Walibi Smurf), under the name of Tang'Or, but it will open some weeks after El Volador, because according to the Huss Topple Tower Manager, he has to be on construction site (it's the only guy in Huss that can supervised the building site of the Topple Tower). So after the opening of El Volador, he will go to Walibi Lorraine to build Tang'Or. Tang'Or will be exactly the same ride as El Volador (with the scary head of the bird )

Oh yes... the head is 6 meters length, and is equiped with a system of lights (just imagine his eyes become lights during your night walk Elissa ) and there is a system which automatically direct the bird head to the soil (depends on the speed of the pole), so he will always looking at you

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think this ride will be good. As a matter of fact, it looks boring as hell.

Bellewaerde is a beautifull park, which has been getting no money or support. The last new ride they got was in 1998, a S&S Power Tower.

This park keeps getting ignored, while this has so much potential. It's a really, really sad thing.

It needs a major investment, and it needs it now. I'm talking rita-clone, nice twister-woodie, first b&m in belgium kind of things.

NOW!

Well, isn't totaly just..

the last new of Bellewaerde park was Kids park in 2002: a complete renovation of the old "Pepinoland" with 7 new kiddies rides.

Befort that, there was three new major rides in 1999: a mad house, a Space shot from Huss(and not from S&S) and a flying chairs ride

Edited by Nicolas -TRZ-

The concept of the ride is excellent but it seems like it will be boring. My home park (Pki) has Delirium and that ride puts me to sleep, it is hard to be thrilled when you have the enormous Huss restraints keeping you safe. I have a more thrilling time of Huss's Trokias

My home park (Pki) has Delirium and that ride puts me to sleep, it is hard to be thrilled when you have the enormous Huss restraints keeping you safe. I have a more thrilling time of Huss's Trokias

In Belgium we've got a Delrium too (only it's called Sledgehammer (Bobbejaanland))! It is a very fun ride, but indeed not very thrilling... I expect the same for El Volador, but hey... I sure want to give it a try !