TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bellewaerde Park Discussion Thread

My home park (Pki) has Delirium and that ride puts me to sleep, it is hard to be thrilled when you have the enormous Huss restraints keeping you safe. I have a more thrilling time of Huss's Trokias

In Belgium we've got a Delrium too (only it's called Sledgehammer (Bobbejaanland))! It is a very fun ride, but indeed not very thrilling... I expect the same for El Volador, but hey... I sure want to give it a try !

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My home park (Pki) has Delirium and that ride puts me to sleep, it is hard to be thrilled when you have the enormous Huss restraints keeping you safe. I have a more thrilling time of Huss's Trokias

In Belgium we've got a Delrium too (only it's called Sledgehammer (Bobbejaanland))! It is a very fun ride, but indeed not very thrilling... I expect the same for El Volador, but hey... I sure want to give it a try !

Nah nah nah, Sledgehammer is the First Flat ride giving me as much good time as a coaster.

A bit short maybe but I think it is really fun.

Topple Tower is something I really don't know what to think about, I'll have an answer in the following weeks I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

After the anouncement that Bellewaerde would open the first operative Topple Tower (http://www.hussrides.com/5-ClassicToppleTower.htm), at the start of their new saeson 3 weeks ago. They still can't get it past the testing runs...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=GDCE4929

=>little translation:

"Due to the high-technological character of the Topple Tower and the numerous build in safety equipment we only recently started the last testing phase. The engineers still don't know when it will be ready to open but in the mean time EVERY paying visitor is getting a free ticket to the park to come back when El Volador has finally opened (already 3 weeks ) "

I hope it won't have to many mechanical problems when it finally opens...

I saw a video of El Valador testing. It lookes quite impressive. Altogh it's not that high (18m) it will give quite a thrill heading towards the ground like that!

Hopefully I'll be able to ride El Valador this season. I'm very curious to the ride experience!

I'm sure Huss will get it ready in about 2 weeks.

^ Are you guys going to Lorraine? :shock:

Just kidding, it's a nice country-side park. But don't expect to much of it!

Last thing I heard about their topple tower construction had not even started (February)

Today, I got post from Walibi Lorraine. Beside the Season Pass and some vouchers, there was a letter where the park regrets, that the Topple Tower can't open at the beginning of the season (tomorrow ). Some webpages reports that the new attraction will be open 2 weeks later.

You can see some construction photos from Tang'Or at www.walibi.tk

EDIT: I found some pictures from the press conference today and there are also pictures which shows that the tower ist standing now. Here are the photos.

Daniel

Looks awesome. Allmost like the tower has toppled over and is just laying around. Has anyone seen movie footage of this? It just came to mind that if it rotates something like 1½ rounds per swing, it would be one side allways up, and one side allways down.. We really need one of these in Denmark.

Actually, El volador opened last week

And I heard that it isn't that thrilling as it sounds (topling from right to left from 20 meter at 60°) it's more like a familly-attraction...

Oh well, at least it's a World Premiere so i'm probably going to check it out this/next month

Looks fun. Something even I'd do because it doesnt spin at like 100 mph.. haha.

I think they should have a cracking sound and then the dropping part speeds up with a jolt the first time it lowers just to scare everyone.

I can't get over the bird though.. some scary #$#^.

Great video too! My computer is now loaded with coaster/testing videos and just about all of them have what I swear is the same techno music..

:radio:

Eric

im not an engineer, well not just yet, but im thinking that if the tower was taller then it would require more resistance and force to control the falls therefore causing more system requirements and problems