TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Like Button in the Forums?

rcwizard13

Hey,

Recently I have felt the urge on many posts in these forums to press a like button. This is due to both of the other forums I read having a button to like poster's comments. It is a very nice way to provide extra interaction through the forums. I'm not sure if the software of this site allows for one, but I though I should make a thread to see if others would like one. Also, to find out if one is even possible. (I hope Robb could answer that one.)

rcwizard13

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've moved this thread into the Ask Alvey forum. Hopefully you will get better answers from Robb, Elissa and/or Hanno.

• 2 weeks later...
If you "like" or "dislike" a comment, why not just post that you do?

THIS! We actually installed a LIKE button on the test version of our forum, and what I realized by doing that is instead of promoting discussion and written text, it's just giving people a lazy way out of responding to a thread.

Seriously, is it really too much to ask for someone to post "Hey, I really like your report." or "Great post! I feel the same way."

--Robb "As much as I love Facebook, I feel it's making some people lazier and dumber." Alvey

Having a Like button is lazy and on other forums I've visited where there is also a dislike button it's caused a lot of unnecessary drama. People do indeed +/- posts instead of participating in discussions, overall I prefer the way the TPR boards are currently. If you like a post, quote it and say so! Easy enough

Question: What is the back story on "Nina Kleppe likes this"? I have been visiting TPR for a while but don't recall where it comes from. Is it an inside joke, or some random clip art? I have no idea but would be grateful if someone could fill me in!

• 1 year later...

Having a Like button is lazy and on other forums I've visited where there is also a dislike button it's caused a lot of unnecessary drama. People do indeed +/- posts instead of participating in discussions, overall I prefer the way the TPR boards are currently. If you like a post, quote it and say so! Easy enough

Question: What is the back story on "Nina Kleppe likes this"? I have been visiting TPR for a while but don't recall where it comes from. Is it an inside joke, or some random clip art? I have no idea but would be grateful if someone could fill me in!

Nina likes things and we like that she likes things

LIKECEPTION!!

• 2 weeks later...