TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool Sounding Rides

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the 28 B&M's I have ridden, Kumba is by far the loudest. It is louder than Mantis!

A couple years ago, BGT cleaned and repainted Kumba's track, and that made it slightly louder.

I love the sound of Kumba's roar echoing in the tunnel!

The loudest B&M I've ridden was Dragon khan, which is interesting because most POVs don't give that idea, specially before the new paint job. Maybe it was like kumba in the way that painting and cleaning it made it louder, really loud. Got to love that roar!

The sound of the launch out of the mine on Hong Kong

Disney's new Grizzly Gulch Runaway Minecars.

And the immediate screams of the riders, as well.

Of course there's a bit of "help" to that launch too.

(Those darned bears!)

1406200047_Resizeof006.JPG.4983bff54a72f2944f0dc4475663bcf7.JPG

And out it goes!

Drop Tower @Kings Island

The sound of it pushing the wind under it as it falls and then the vroooooooom as it hits the brake. And finally a more subtle sound of the wind being pushed outwards from the tower as it gets squished between the ground and the ride carriage. Unbelievable! I love it!

To me, the most iconic part of an Arrow coaster lift, especially the mine trains, is that ping ping ping p p ping as the train is released from the chainlift. I don't know if it's just the coasters with a mini drop off the lift, because Ninja at SFStL does it too. I'll have to pay attention to other Arrow's on my coaster travels to test this hypothesis.

I love the sound of an enterprise, personal preference for the Schwarzkopf ones, as it comes in for a landing.

I used to love the sound of our rotor, Tom's Twister, at SFStL. Gotta go to Worlds of Fun to experience one now.

I also forgot to mention the sounds of the OTSR on Arrow loopers when pulling them up or down. Listen at 1:02 in this video.

On a side note, Drachen Fire's lift hill seemed more quiet than most Arrow's.

The Huss Flipper - I love the sound the gondolas make when they whip to the corner, and the overall spin of the plate!

S&S Launched Freefalls - I love the sound the car makes right when it blasts off!

Premier LIM Coasters - I love the sound of the car speeding off into the distance, and the multiple screams that follow it!

I've always liked the sound that the Great Bear makes at Hershey when the trains are dispatched. Not really sure why, but I find it cool.

Other than that, I love the clickity-clack of a traditional wooden coaster such as the Comet, Phoenix, or Yankee Cannonball.

Always found that most flats make cool noises, mainly Zippers and Enterprises. As for coasters, it has to be Vampire at SFLR (Six Flags La Ronde)... I can clearly remember taking the park's mineral past the ride as a little kid, and having to cover my ears due to the deafening B&M roar. Whenever I've gone since (Although I haven't gone since I was in like grade 4, and unfortunately too short to ride), the first ride I usually listen for is the Vampire... So pumped to actually ride it in a few weeks after years of watching!

I'm just going to post about coaster sounds in general-

Loudest coaster - Superman - Escape from Krypton, folllowed by old B&Ms (Raptor and Mantis.) Intamin hydraulic launch coasters (Dragster and Xcelerator) also can be loud.

Quietest - Probably Silver Bullet, don't know about Talon, but isn't it filled with sand also? Not counting tiny kiddie-esque coasters.

Loudest lift - Firehawk, but this is sort of cheating due to the fact that you are very close to the anti-rollbacks. So besides that, there are several - Batman @ SFMM sounded horrible, squealing and banging up the lift hill. Arrows can also be loud - the one coaster that comes to mind is Magnum.

Quietest lift - Millie bangs just a little as it goes up the lift now, but still pretty quiet and I forgot about I305's sounds (Timmy ). Maverick doesn't have any anti-rollbacks to make noise. Just some brief (kinda loud) whooshing as the magnets begin to speed up the train and then slow it down. I think some new B&M lifts are kind of quiet - I don't remember much sound from Tatsu. If this counts - not a coaster, but using coaster-style track - Shoot the Rapids also doesn't much anti-rollback clacking.

Weirdest sound - Zamplerla Motocoaster launch. That weird buzzing as the train accelerates is just weird and kinda creepy.

Other sounds to note is the rhythmic B&M thumping heard on Gatekeeper. I do not know what causes this, besides that the anti-rollbacks seem to not be involved.

I'm just going to post about coaster sounds in general-

Loudest coaster - Superman - Escape from Krypton, folllowed by old B&Ms (Raptor and Mantis.) Intamin hydraulic launch coasters (Dragster and Xcelerator) also can be loud.

Quietest - Probably Silver Bullet, don't know about Talon, but isn't it filled with sand also? Not counting tiny kiddie-esque coasters.

Loudest lift - Firehawk, but this is sort of cheating due to the fact that you are very close to the anti-rollbacks. So besides that, there are several - Batman @ SFMM sounded horrible, squealing and banging up the lift hill. Arrows can also be loud - the one coaster that comes to mind is Magnum.

Quietest lift - Millie bangs just a little as it goes up the lift now, but still pretty quiet and I forgot about I305's sounds (Timmy ). Maverick doesn't have any anti-rollbacks to make noise. Just some brief (kinda loud) whooshing as the magnets begin to speed up the train and then slow it down. I think some new B&M lifts are kind of quiet - I don't remember much sound from Tatsu. If this counts - not a coaster, but using coaster-style track - Shoot the Rapids also doesn't much anti-rollback clacking.

Weirdest sound - Zamplerla Motocoaster launch. That weird buzzing as the train accelerates is just weird and kinda creepy.

Other sounds to note is the rhythmic B&M thumping heard on Gatekeeper. I do not know what causes this, besides that the anti-rollbacks seem to not be involved.

As I recall (haven't been back out there since 01'), Goliath at SFMM had a very loud lift hill - sounded like a "pots and pans orchestra" of clanging metal from the anti-rollbacks. And yes, I always thought that Superman at the same park roared like a Concorde jet taking off...I had a friend out there who grew up with SFMM as his home park and he told me that back in the day when there were still payphones around, there was one installed along the walkway under the beginning of the incline on Superman. And that they eventually removed it (gee, I can't imagine why!).

I like the sound of the newer Intamins, I-305, Formula Rossa, and Skyrush. They sound like a jet

I actually thought Skyrush was rather quiet (but perhaps that's because it's so close to the Great Bear) for such a powerful coaster, but I did notice the distinctive sound of the lift hill motor when I was taking pictures along the walkway.

I like the sound of the newer Intamins, I-305, Formula Rossa, and Skyrush. They sound like a jet

I actually thought Skyrush was rather quiet (but perhaps that's because it's so close to the Great Bear) for such a powerful coaster, but I did notice the distinctive sound of the lift hill motor when I was taking pictures along the walkway.

It is not really that loud like the Bear, but it still has that jet like sound.

I found Mantis to be very loud, and Talon has to be the quietest coaster