TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool Sounding Rides

I wasn't sure how to title this topic and I did a search so hopefully this hasn't been asked already but what are some of the coolest sounding rides you have been on? For me it's Whizzer which sounds like a locomotive at a couple points during the ride and The Incredible Hulk which gives off a rather unique roar from other B&M coasters.

Listen at the 0:36 mark and it sounds like a train on a railroad track.

What are some of your favorite coasters or other attractions that make interesting and unique sounds?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sound of TTD's launch - you can hear it from much of the park and it's a pretty unique ride sound. Also the classic "clank-clank" of a typical woodie's lift hill, just because it is such well-known and easily identified sound and always associated with coasters.

There are also a couple of flat rides that make some really ominous sounds that add much to the total ride experience - one is the sound of an S&S swing - those sound for all the world like some kind of huge creature inhaling and exhaling - if someone was afraid of riding one of those IMO those sounds would make it ten times worse! S&S swings just sound scary! Then there's all the mechanical noises a Zipper makes - noises that make it sound like the ride is going to fall apart and increases the feel of danger.

I do like the B&M roar, but only when I don't have to try and talk over it! It took me almost three days for my voice to get back to normal after I rode SDL once and Great Bear three times at HP this past weekend!

My favorite is the sound of the Intamin accelerator coasters during the launch- especially TTD and Kingda Ka. The whirring noise they make is awesome!!

The "whoooooooooooooop" the 2nd gen Intamin drop towers make when they get to the brake run is cool as well.

Last, but not least, would be the screams of pain on the Chinese knock-off coasters from those of you that did the China trip.

B&M's seem to be leading, and I can't argue that one bit; never going to forget my first time on Kumba (or any time after!). On the other hand, Talon is pretty awesome for its almost total lack of sound. Then, you've got Boulder Dash, which lets you hear every time the main wheels leave the tracks...every five seconds or so.

As far as flat rides, I'll always love the sound of a Huss Enterprise. Kangaroo at Kennywood makes such great, clunky old mechanical music, too, I always love hearing it.

For me, the roar of a B&M is something unique and intimidating.

Kumba sounds brilliant. I was never there in it's early days (first ride in 2006), and have wondered whether it sounded the same in it's first year. Can anyone on here who was there at Kumba's birth answer me this, please?

Just standing on the bridge and hearing it go under and over you was an experience. Amazing ride.

Similar with Nemesis. For as long as I remember, Nemesis has had a brilliant roar that you can hear from outside the park. Very intimidating.

THAT sound of an intamin train going 120+ on Top thrill dragster also the rumble of the engine and the screech of the tires sound effects

Ps how do you post videos directly to the forums?

While replying, type your link, highlight it, and then click on the "youtube" button on the far right.

THAT sound of an intamin train going 120+ on Top thrill dragster also the rumble of the engine and the screech of the tires sound effects

Ps how do you post videos directly to the forums?

While replying, type your link, highlight it, and then click on the "youtube" button on the far right.

Top Thrill's launch is another favorite of mine. I love that high pitch wind up sound when standing beside it.