TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Silver Grove Amusement Park

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm alive and I've just gotten back into RCT. Here's an NCSO park I've been working on for a bit. No name yet, so I'm taking suggestions haha

Anyways, on to the screens:

Sorry for not editing them down to size a bit. I will for the next update. Anyways, I would love to hear your thoughts!

(p.s. where my old buds at? coup, sfgamguy, dj, matt, psi, awesome, etc?)

Edited by tdub96

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a better look at my carousel. I think its my best merry-go-round setup/themeimg ive ever done.

EDIT: Any of you guys know why the coloring in my screens seems a bit distorted? Im running windows 7 of course, and the color scheme gets changed to run RCT at a compatible capacity, but the screens look fine directly after I take them. They only seem to distort a bit when I upload them here of at NE.

There's more to it. I'm gonna try to make the whole area themed to a mine town. This area is enclosed by paths and shops from the mine town (to the east) and the main strip (to the west). Which reminds me, maybe I'll post an overview as to what I've done so far.

I got to see this while looking around New Element (I signed up a week or two ago and I still can't post in the forums and I dunno why) and I have to say, this is just awesome NCSO stuff. The flume and the mine train coaster work so well together and the scenery/theming is gorgeous while retaining that RCT2 charm. I really, really like projects like these, sometimes even more so than the CSO parks. Keep it up

• 3 weeks later...

Still going strong...

Swift, a B&M hypercoaster added to the park in 1997,put Silver Grove on the map, officially joining the coaster wars. With a stellar lineup of Swift (the new Beemer, tallest and fastest in the park), Silverwood (a speedy wooden coaster built by the infamous Dinn Corp.), American Flyer (an out and back PTC woodie from the mid-1950's), Corkscrew (the aptly-named Arrow thrill machine), Slingshot! (a Vekoma boomerang) and Coldstone Creek Mine (an Arrow mine train and guest favorite), Silver Grove was gaining notoriety for being a solid park with high entertainment value.

Here's a pic of my favorite element from Swift:

And the layout to the Dinn woodie, Silverwood:

As we approach the 2000's, many possibilities are on the horizon for the blossoming park.

[From the builder's prospective, timeline aside, I'd like to add an Intamin mega-lite, perhaps a GCI, and an accelerator. After the release on NE, accolade or not, I plan to continue the timeline exclusively on here. I'll release an updated version of the park each "year" I complete in the timeline. Thoughts guys?]

I'm not sure why I didn't catch this sooner.

Three screenshots per update please. Otherwise, it looks great. I really like Swift's spiral.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Here's some more of SWIFT, the B&M hyper built in 1999 (changed the year for historical accuracy)...

And the classic ferris wheel, built in the mid-1950's around the inception of the park.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And not yet added (officially) to the park or the timeline, but this mega-lite. Looking for thoughts on the layout, as I'm not completely satisfied with it...