TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney asked me to build a big chair statue, I spend 250,000 bells building it the last week, and he doesn't even come to the ceremony this morning! What a jerk! I went to go talk to him later and he didn't even mention it! I swear, if he wasn't a hamster I'd kick him out of town!

^ Oh man - don't get me started on Rodney: He hates pinball and keeps calling me "Dumpling"! He's going to meet his demise at some point .. (Animal Crossing needs hired assassins to "take care" of some of the more loathsome animals..!)

• 2 weeks later...

On another note - I picked up the "official guide" because I've always liked having the Animal Crossing books. It's awful. Don't waste your money. The catalog tells you the prices for stuff, but it gives them to you at 4x the amount they are worth to sell them at, so you're constantly having to stop and do math to figure things out (yes, I realize not difficult math, but it's annoying.)

It also doesn't tell you things like which bugs/fish can be found on just the island, etc.

While it might have some interesting bits here and there, overall, it's a waste. I found that the Animal Crossing sites online are not only FREE but much better.

Lesson learned and I'm passing this knowledge on to you all...

Ok, seriously... where do I get bananas from? I know you get them on the island... but where???

I have bananas. I added your friend code so all you need to do is add mine if you'd like (see first page).

On another note, does anyone have a perfect pear? I seem to have sold mine the first day not realizing I couldn't grow another one.

Ok, seriously... where do I get bananas from? I know you get them on the island... but where???

I have bananas. I added your friend code so all you need to do is add mine if you'd like (see first page).

On another note, does anyone have a perfect pear? I seem to have sold mine the first day not realizing I couldn't grow another one.

I can give you a few. Just let me know when you have the time.

You can get a lot from selling non native perfect fruit. You can only plant your own native perfect fruit and it grows 3 perfect fruits each time. (But you can only harvest 6 or 7 times, then it dies and you have to replant.)

So today Reese is buying "Furniture" as a premium item. I want to get rid of lots of stuff I have in my closet, but I don't want to get rid of things I can't get back. If I sell items like the ones I get from the fortune cookie tickets, can I buy them back from the machine at the T&T Mart? And if not, how do I know which items I'm able to buy back and which ones I'm not?

So today Reese is buying "Furniture" as a premium item. I want to get rid of lots of stuff I have in my closet, but I don't want to get rid of things I can't get back. If I sell items like the ones I get from the fortune cookie tickets, can I buy them back from the machine at the T&T Mart? And if not, how do I know which items I'm able to buy back and which ones I'm not?[/

Deleted

Edited by PalmTree55

Check your catelogue on the catelogue machine in the store. It lists all of the items you have collected in the game. It also lists the price of each item. If it says not available, you can not buyback that item.

Edited by Erik Johnson

So yeah, looks like Erik is right. You CANNOT buy back things that you get from Downloadable Content, Fortune Cookies, special events, etc. And it also looks like you don't really get that much money for some of those items either.

For example the items from the Redd's fireworks booth... I ended up with like 3 Love Testers. They are only worth 256 bells but they are taking up space in my closet. What do you guys usually do with stuff like that? Put them as presents when you write letters to your towns characters?

I've also updated with all the friend codes on the list and my town gate is currently open. If anyone is interested, Reese is paying a premium for "Furniture" items in my town right now so if you wanted to clean out the closet and get some extra money out of if, head over to my town!

Also, I'm trying to get everyone marked as a "best friend" so that way I can chat with people when they log into the game.

Edited by robbalvey

So all those fireworks that I'd been buying at TIY for the past week are basically useless?

I attended the firework show last night expecting to be trading them in for something, but Isabelle just gave me more of the same for free.

Damn Nook scams.

^ I like items like that to bring to other peoples towns and light them off! (secretly hoping I'll burn down a building or two!)

I just wish you could at least set them all out and have them go off at the same time.

Lighting 10 roman candles at once in my village plaza is something I could get behind.