TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found all the fruits on my island now. Some of them you have to go on tours to get. BTW, the island officially kicks ass! Elissa and I both went to the island together and did a bunch of the mini game tours. They are a lot of fun with more than one person!

I'm really *hoping* that one of the downloadable updates will eventually add things like new bugs, new fish, and new island tours, etc.

Supposedly, it's a Spot pass thing, so it's one per 3DS.

Here’s how it works. During the Best Buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf promotion, you’ll have to go to a participating Best Buy store, stand outside it and start the Nintendo Zone app. Once it has launched and you’re connected to the internet, apparently the free items will be downloaded to your game via SpotPass.

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/112935/best-buy-gets-exclusive-animal-crossing-new-leaf-dlc/

OK, cool. You guys will have to test it at a Best Buy to see if you can do it with more than one character.

Umm that was great until we got booted off the online game. Darn, did you guys lose everything? I sure did...

Everything I got on the island was lost.

moray Eel, 2 saw sharks and 1 sea grapes.

Edited by Fire2box

Umm that was great until we got booted off the online game. Darn, did you guys lose everything? I sure did...

I only lost the island stuff. Is there not a way for the mayor to save before getting on the boat?

I only lost the island stuff. Is there not a way for the mayor to save before getting on the boat?

Not that I'm aware of.

That is the second time that has happened to me...so sad! I hope they fix that, or that we can be able to save on the island later. Yeah no saving while on island.

I've never been discconected myself. Were you far from your wireless access point?

I've found all the fruits on my island now. Some of them you have to go on tours to get. BTW, the island officially kicks A$$! Elissa and I both went to the island together and did a bunch of the mini game tours. They are a lot of fun with more than one person!

I'm really *hoping* that one of the downloadable updates will eventually add things like new bugs, new fish, and new island tours, etc.

Which tours did you find best? I kept on playing the butterfly and then the bug one, but it seemed to only rotate between 4 fruits. I agree, the island is awesome. I paid off my bridge and second house expansion in one day!

Edited by jray21

While I realize these methods aren't really "cheating", but more of "exploits", I'm not sure I would want to totally destroy my island just to make money. IMO, I kind of find people who do this sort of thing a bit pathetic.

I've had no problem making money and paying stuff off WITHOUT having to "wait for a certain time, cut down all the trees, and shoo away bugs until a certain type appears."

It honestly sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth.

While I realize these methods aren't really "cheating", but more of "exploits", I'm not sure I would want to totally destroy my island just to make money. IMO, I kind of find people who do this sort of thing a bit pathetic.

I've had no problem making money and paying stuff off WITHOUT having to "wait for a certain time, cut down all the trees, and shoo away bugs until a certain type appears."

The island stuff grows back as far as I know. So it's not permanently destroyed/wrecked. In my view its not a glitch or cheat. Its using the games own mechanics to find the single most profitable task. To me it's the same thing with IV's and EV's in the main pokemon games. They determine what stats your pokemon will have which could make or break a battle. It's nearly hidden code but it's a staple game mechanic to promote higher randomization.

I get that not everyone would do this and I understand why. Doing so just helps unlock everything that much faster, going fast isn't what animal crossing is about its the journey.

I've found all the fruits on my island now. Some of them you have to go on tours to get. BTW, the island officially kicks A$$! Elissa and I both went to the island together and did a bunch of the mini game tours. They are a lot of fun with more than one person!

Which tours did ou find best? I kept on playing th e butterfly and then the bug one, but it seemed to only rotate between 4 fruits. I agree, the island is awesome. I paid off my bridge and second house expansion in one day!

I don't know if I ever visited your town, but anyone I visited who had a public works projected I've chipped in a 1-6k bells.

The island stuff grows back as far as I know. So it's not permanently destroyed/wrecked. In my view its not a glitch or cheat. Its using the games own mechanics to find the single most profitable task. To me it's the same thing with IV's and EV's in the main pokemon games. They determine what stats your pokemon will have which could make or break a battle. It's nearly hidden code but it's a staple game mechanic to promote higher randomization.

I get that not everyone would do this and I understand why. Doing so just helps unlock everything that much faster, going fast isn't what animal crossing is about its the journey.

No, I get it. Trust me, I worked right along side game designers and programmers for 20+ years so I understand what you're talking about. (Although I will say that most designers will tell you that cutting down all the trees to remove spawners and waiting for a specific object to appear is somewhat cheating the system.)

Anyway, all I was trying to say is that I went to the island, spent about 25 minutes fishing, and not doing anything out of the ordinary I collected nearly 90,000 bells only throwing back Sea Bass. And that was even being down 6 fish I could sell because I needed to give them to Blathers.

A good game designer will have created plenty of opportunity for you to advance in the game without needing an exploit. But I "get" the people will do it, so whatever...

HNI_0027.JPG.a26013f3e145e3a5c60d304202a64ab1.JPG

HNI_0028.JPG.d1b6481bee6cd2fd550fef10ba301800.JPG

Just got the game last night and am loving it so far. Here is my info. I'm going through right now and adding everyone who has posted their information so far...

Name: Chris

Friend Code: 1907-8795-4644

AC Name: Chris

City: Bellow

Fruit: Peaches

No, I get it. Trust me, I worked right along side game designers and programmers for 20+ years so I understand what you're talking about. (Although I will say that most designers will tell you that cutting down all the trees to remove spawners and waiting for a specific object to appear is somewhat cheating the system.)

Anyway, all I was trying to say is that I went to the island, spent about 25 minutes fishing, and not doing anything out of the ordinary I collected nearly 90,000 bells only throwing back Sea Bass. And that was even being down 6 fish I could sell because I needed to give them to Blathers.

A good game designer will have created plenty of opportunity for you to advance in the game without needing an exploit. But I "get" the people will do it, so whatever...

Well I found out you physically have to replant the things in the middle of the island. So you have to wait for the island shop to sell trees, flowers and bushes for medals. So they don't respawn naturally.

The price you pay for it.