TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering there's really no 3DS game I really want until X/Y. I ordered a copy from amazon last night. I've never owned a AC game before but I did play some of it on Gamecube. I liked that one from what I've played but I still don't really know what I'm getting into.

Has anyone been on this forum? It's where people organize to trade items on AC, meet up, trade fruits, etc.

I'd be happy to WiFi with some people on Saturday to trade fruits. I have a friend in Japan who has all of the fruits:

Apple, oranges, pears, peaches, coconuts, cherries, persimmons, durians, bananas, lemons, lychees and mangos.

Seeing as I get the game on Friday US Time, I will WiFi on Friday and get some trees set up to trade fruit. I'll give you all my FC to setup a trade then.

Has anyone been on this forum? It's where people organize to trade items on AC, meet up, trade fruits, etc.

Yeah, I've actually got an account on there and have been a member since the DS version came out. Haven't really done many of their AC hangouts or anything though.

I'd be happy to WiFi with some people on Saturday to trade fruits. I have a friend in Japan who has all of the fruits:

Apple, oranges, pears, peaches, coconuts, cherries, persimmons, durians, bananas, lemons, lychees and mangos.

Seeing as I get the game on Friday US Time, I will WiFi on Friday and get some trees set up to trade fruit. I'll give you all my FC to setup a trade then.

When you get them all, please share once you have enough trees!

^ Yeah, that was the same on the Wii version.

I finally got my 100% approval rating and can start building stuff in the town. I was actually impressed with all the random things you can add to your town! Anyone know how long it takes to start building real buildings, though? Like Brewster and the Happy Room Academy?

I saw you need the HRA to start doing StreetPass and I'm hoping I can do that before we are in Japan.

I finally got my copy this morning. Still need 7,000 more bells to get my home. (And Tom Nook isn't a villain?)

Fire2box

Name: fire2box

Friend Code: 2208-5221-4039

AC Name: Tim

City: Diddo

Fruit: Cherries

Edit: Got enough for the down payment and fished enough for the ID card from the photo booth. Now what do I do?

I kinda want to get the LOL club open by Saturday night since I heard one of the villagers does comedy then.

Edited by Fire2box

Is the Happy Room Academy the very top area where you can visit other homes? Also, what civil works projects should I start first? It gave me a bunch of options like a reset area, a couple of bridges, signs, and even a campsite. Sorry, I'm new and it's all a little overwhelming.

Is the Happy Room Academy the very top area where you can visit other homes? Also, what civil works projects should I start first? It gave me a bunch of options like a reset area, a couple of bridges, signs, and even a campsite. Sorry, I'm new and it's all a little overwhelming.

I'm in nearly the same boat as you. I found this Wiki on the game helpful.

AC: New Leaf Public Works Projects

Yes, you are correct! Right now I want to use most of money to get the next few house expansions before I tackle anything else. The first week is a little slow, but you start bringing in some money once you start selling non-native fruit to your local store.

Edited by Erik Johnson

The whole civil works stuff is new to this game so it's new to all of us! I started by building a bench! lol Figured it was a "safe" way to learn how it all works.

^ I've had a supremely busy week and only had time for Animal Crossing here and there. Tonight should be better.

I've started one public works project - a second bridge. I'm sick of tromping all the way down to the bottom of my map to cross the river!

Cameron.

Going to pick up my copy this afternoon at GameStop! I absolutely cannot wait! AC has always been one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and this one looks like a much bigger change from City Folk (which IMO added very little).

Also glad they decided to keep the original people style, rather than the weird Mii style shown at one point in early development.

I knew there was something off about this game.

Update: Paid off the first loan from Tom Nook. Got about 75% villager approval rate. Totally failed at hitting the money rock today, got 300 bells rather then 1000+.

Also if a Villager asks for any type of Cicada they don't come out until July. But a Lantern Fly count as Cicada's apparently.

Edited by Fire2box

Going to be a lot to do in the game today. It looks like I am now able to travel to the island. There is also a big catching contest, and my flower shop opened as well. We should try to coordinate a group tour to the island this weekend.

I will open my town for a little bit right now.

Edited by Erik Johnson

Due to Nintendo's recent and rather strange habit of not shipping enough physical copies to stores outside of Pre-orders, my copy won't be coming for 4-9 days.

After talking to several different people it sounds like they're really pushing the downloadable service and discouraging buying the physical copies. For Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Paper Mario Sticker Star they've done the same issue.

Lesson Learned: If you want a 3DS game the week it comes out, Pre order it!

GameStop did ship it to my house for free which was pretty cool, but I really want to play it! Looks like such an improvement from City Folk!

^ Yeah, we don't have a physical copy. Not sure why anyone would need one?

On another somewhat related note, I now have my HHA and can do StreetPass with people. I just picked up Kristen's town in my HHA and even notice she was walking around in the area. That feature is pretty cool!

Being new to the 3DS (Ok, I know I developed two games for the system, but that was before it was out and this is the first public unit I've ever seen!), what other cool SteetPass functionality is there?

I'm in Japan next week and I think it's pretty cool to be able to StreetPass stuff with people. Any suggestions on apps or games I should download or what many of you do with Street Pass?

Edited by robbalvey

^I guess I'm a sucker for having a physical library of games. Plus the GameStop Pre-orders usually come with some cool little item or art booklet.

Pretty much every game I have for the 3DS supports some kind of StreetPass features. I suggest poking around each game and discovering what it has to offer. MK7 had ghost time trials, Fire Emblem allowed other people's heroes to join your party (or you could also fight them), Super Mario 3D Land had item drop areas where you could send/receive power ups. The list goes on and on.

The ones built into the system though are just as cool. When you travel around with the system closed and pass by other people, you'll not only swap Miis, but you also trade and compare game scores and other special prizes. There's even a little RPG game built into the Mii Plaza that you play using Miis you've found through Street Pass. Swapnote also works this way, allowing you to create a doodle, then send it to someone you pass by.

I was pleasantly surprised with how deep the system is. The AR Games themselves have a lot more than what meets the eye. Once you complete the first world, you enter another whole area of games that you can unlock using the play coins from walking.

I'm sure I missed some, by as I said, by poking around, you'll discover all kinds of cool things. I've had a lot of fun with the AR Cards and the camera, as you can manipulate the characters and the tools in a lot of different ways.

Once I find my 3DS I'll post my friend code here. I left it around my room somewhere, so I'm currently looking for it.