TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

^^&^^^Awww, you two are adorable with your King and Queen towns!

Hopefully will set up my town tonight!

It started when I was really young, I always picked the name King to annoy the crap out of my younger brother. Now I dragged Amy down with me

^What do you get for donating? Is it just a nice thing for your town, or does it unlock things or something like that?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donating fossils to the museum is cool as you can build up entire collections of things - it's fun to go and look at stuff (and read the descriptions). You can even build entire skeletons of many creatures.

Name: Cameron

FC: 1607-2297-8272

Town: Boopville

Fruit: Apples

AC Name: Cameron

Adding all of you guys right now...

I am absolutely loving this version of the game. While I know it mostly is the same 'ol Animal Crossing we've played for many years, I really like they've added a few new twists onto things. While it's not "new", it's most certainly "refreshed."

My only gripe with this version, and it's not an AC thing, but a Nintendo thing, is that you still HAVE to swap friend codes with people. I really wish there was a way to be able to visit random people's towns and vice versa. If I can race against a random person in Mario Kart, why can I visit a random town?

I *get* that they are trying to stop people from vandalizing someone's town, but if I"m going to open the gate and allow a stranger in so I can trade or whatever, I'm willing to take that risk. If you're not monitoring what visitors are doing in your town, that's kind of your fault. And if you see someone vandalizing, a simple "kick/ban" feature should resolve that.

But it's a minor gripe...loving the game!

Just visited Erik's town. Pretty neat to play it in real time. Unfortunately, when I was putting stuff in the train station locker it said an error occurred and I lost some supplies I got and it kicked me back to my town. Still pretty cool.

Just visited Erik's town. Pretty neat to play it in real time. Unfortunately, when I was putting stuff in the train station fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo it said an error occurred and I lost some supplies I got and it kicked me back to my town. Still pretty cool.

What did you lose? Hopefully everyone should still have the trade fruit since I saved a few minutes before the online crash.

Just visited Erik's town. Pretty neat to play it in real time. Unfortunately, when I was putting stuff in the train station fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo it said an error occurred and I lost some supplies I got and it kicked me back to my town. Still pretty cool.

What did you lose? Hopefully everyone should still have the trade fruit since I saved a few minutes before the online crash.

What happened? Fortunately I only lost some fish.

^ Whatever reason, we all got kicked out of the online room. I assume there will be a few hiccups online for a little while since it is a brand new game. That is why I saved quite a bit while we were in there.

After some reading it looks like you do not need to water trees. Just makes sure you plant them far away from buildings.

Edited by Erik Johnson

I only have a few oranges, but I'll drop them off. How often does the fruit grow? Once a day I'm guessing. Also, I never played Animal Crossing before so what were you guys talking about with the graffiti?

Every three days. Also it is recommended to wait until you get the watering can before planting any trees. Graffiti? Not sure what you mean.

EDIT: I read that the watering can is not for trees, just flowers.

Edited by Erik Johnson

I *get* that they are trying to stop people from vandalizing someone's town, but if I"m going to open the gate and allow a stranger in so I can trade or whatever, I'm willing to take that risk. If you're not monitoring what visitors are doing in your town, that's kind of your fault. And if you see someone vandalizing, a simple "kick/ban" feature should resolve that.

This.

Oh, ok. That's annoying. Hopefully having only TPR people as friends will help keep that at a minimum. I now have absolutely no desire to play Simpson's Tapped Out anymore. I'm sure the next update will bring me back, but it's definitely lost it's importance.

Concerning ruining other peoples towns, I heard something about a Dream Suite. Something about how you can visit other people's towns without making any permanent changes to them. So that is a welcome fixture, however it is applied. I'm loving this game!