TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone Rode a Slingshot?

I am about to go to a park that owns one, and i was wondering if it was worth the extra cash for the ride.

You know, those reverse bungee rides you often find at six flags parks and carnivals. Has anybody rode one, and can they say how the experience was (g-forces, airtime, intensity in general).

Feedback would be great, and if I manage to ride it, I'll probably write a review and post it here on TPR.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to do SFMM's bungee slingshot when I was down there but concentrated on coasters instead. Closest I've done, though technically it's not a bungee as it was attached to cables and launched via compressed air were those S&S Absolutely Insane (I think that's what they're called) attractions. The Absolutely Insane, named Thrill Shot, was down at SFMM. Same principal, a little more restricting as far as flips and such goes.

I've been on an Ejection Seat, which is more powerful than a Slingshot (it uses elastics instead of springs):

I absolutely loved the launch, that's something I never experienced before. You just get thrown up in the air, without being linked to a tower or a track, that's amazing. Then the first loop is very high, that's so scary.

But then, the ball gets crazy and smashes you around, back and forth... I don't like it.

So yeah, it's a win, but a crap at the same time. I think you should do it at least once, because the launch is something you won't find on any coaster.

I have ridden an elastic slingshot. And I will say, it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever ridden. I would rather marathon an SLC 20 times than ride that again. The center of gravity on the ball seemed very low, to the point of which i often came to the bottom upside down, which is not a pleasant experience. The entire time, my head was excessively being banged against the headrest; the head banging was so bad, I can't even imagine a Togo coaster being worse than this. I have yet to give the spring type (which is the more common type) a chance.

I have ridden an elastic slingshot. And I will say, it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever ridden. I would rather marathon an SLC 20 times than ride that again. The center of gravity on the ball seemed very low, to the point of which i often came to the bottom upside down, which is not a pleasant experience. The entire time, my head was excessively being banged against the headrest; the head banging was so bad, I can't even imagine a Togo coaster being worse than this. I have yet to give the spring type (which is the more common type) a chance.

Well, from what u've seen on YouTube, the spring type look a lot smother, yet at the same time quite intense... There's probably a reason that the more comon type isn't the elastic kind.

Pretty sure La Ronde (the park that owns the ride), owns the smother more tolerable version, according to this thread, version.

Even more pumped to ride this now

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I've ridden the one at SFNE, I found it way more fun and smooth than I expected. I thought it would be scarier than it was, but to everyone else's point I would definitely try it out but not for more than $10-15. I'm the same way with sky coasters if they have discounted rides I'll do it, but not for the normal outrageous pricing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...