Schlitterbahn Kansas - Verrückt Water Slide

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ No. No way. It shouldn't exist in Italy either! lol

It reminds me of Cedar Point's old speed slides. Times ten. Is Twin Peaks a double drop or a mini-Verrukt? Does the first drop go down to the ground level where the splashdown is like Verrukt?

Also forgot to mention the rules stay you must be over 14 to ride.

How the heck are they going to enforce this? I know 14 year olds who look nine.

BTW Summit Plummet was mentioned, I can vouch for that being the #1 most terrifying amusement park experience I've ever had. Everything in your body tells you you're pushing yourself off a cliff. A very, very tall cliff.

Also forgot to meBTW Summit Plummet was mentioned, I can vouch for that being the #1 most terrifying amusement park experience I've ever had. Everything in your body tells you you're pushing yourself off a cliff. A very, very tall cliff.

While Summit Plummet is one of the craziest drop slides I have been on, I still had no second thoughts once I was sitting in the pool at the top of the "ski lift" during my first plummet. Thinking back to it now, the one thing that was the biggest pain after that ride was my backside. The amount of force that was generated from the radius out was insane. I can remember after riding how awesome it was but how much I hurt after and not so much how crazy it was.

As for Verruckt, I could see there being an extensive amount of force during the pull out before entering the upwards portion of the second hill that is comparable to SP. I really hope the toboggan seats are padded well. As for the ride itself, it looks awesome and can't wait to hear more reviews about it.

^I can pretty much describe the whole experience as sitting at the edge of a cliff in a pool of freezing water, pushing yourself off, suddenly it's pitch black, your eyes are plastered shut from the water spraying hard in your face as you freefall, finally the pullout happens and you feel your back bouncing against the bottom and sides of the not-so-soft-slide (and if you're a bony guy like me this means your spine, hips, elbows, etc, nothing is safe), more water shoots over your face and up your nose, you slow to a stop, and then quickly stagger out of the exit pool trying not to look too stupid as you rub the water out of your eyes and pick the world's biggest wedgie out of your ass.

Definitely a must-ride.

^I can pretty much describe the whole experience as sitting at the edge of a cliff in a pool of freezing water, pushing yourself off, suddenly it's pitch black, your eyes are plastered shut from the water spraying hard in your face as you freefall, finally the pullout happens and you feel your back bouncing against the bottom and sides of the not-so-soft-slide (and if you're a bony guy like me this means your spine, hips, elbows, etc, nothing is safe), more water shoots over your face and up your nose, you slow to a stop, and then quickly stagger out of the exit pool trying not to look too stupid as you rub the water out of your eyes and pick the world's biggest wedgie out of your A$$.

Definitely a must-ride.

How bad is it on your back? I tore a disc last year but I've done extensive PT and core building exercises so have pretty dang strong back muscles. I'm now able to ride most roller coasters without a problem. As long as it's just banging around a bit with no excessive twisting or sudden bending I'm ok. Even the excessive tossing on X2 didn't give me any problems. Your thoughts?

And as far as that goes... I've never really ridden water slides at all. I would imagine you can twist your back up pretty good on the landings? Any advice from avid water slide riders?

Drove past Schlitterbahn today... Can't say I'm all that drawn to visit but Verrückt does look intimidating. I can't tell if its all the Kansas nothingness behind it or if it's actually pretty dang tall!

Nah it's just terrifyingly tall. I've seen it in person many times and no matter how much I've see it it still blows me away.

Also your not gaur teed to ride. Yep they have reservations now due to extensive popularity. Only 400 people ride per day. You sign up early in the morning. First come first serve. They have a stand by line for people who don't get early in the park to sign up

^I can pretty much describe the whole experience as sitting at the edge of a cliff in a pool of freezing water, pushing yourself off, suddenly it's pitch black, your eyes are plastered shut from the water spraying hard in your face as you freefall, finally the pullout happens and you feel your back bouncing against the bottom and sides of the not-so-soft-slide (and if you're a bony guy like me this means your spine, hips, elbows, etc, nothing is safe), more water shoots over your face and up your nose, you slow to a stop, and then quickly stagger out of the exit pool trying not to look too stupid as you rub the water out of your eyes and pick the world's biggest wedgie out of your A$$.

Definitely a must-ride.

How bad is it on your back? I tore a disc last year but I've done extensive PT and core building exercises so have pretty dang strong back muscles. I'm now able to ride most roller coasters without a problem. As long as it's just banging around a bit with no excessive twisting or sudden bending I'm ok. Even the excessive tossing on X2 didn't give me any problems. Your thoughts?

And as far as that goes... I've never really ridden water slides at all. I would imagine you can twist your back up pretty good on the landings? Any advice from avid water slide riders?

No sudden twisting or bending, as long as you follow their instructions and ride properly. So you may be fine. That being said, personally it's not the kind of thing I'd want to chance if I had back problems of any kind, just because you're more exposed than you are on a coaster because there's no seat supporting you, and your back does get banged up quite a bit. I'd at least try a smaller slide first.

Definitely a must-ride.

No sudden twisting or bending, as long as you follow their instructions and ride properly. So you may be fine. That being said, personally it's not the kind of thing I'd want to chance if I had back problems of any kind, just because you're more exposed than you are on a coaster because there's no seat supporting you, and your back does get banged up quite a bit. I'd at least try a smaller slide first.

Thanks for your answer, decisions, decisions.... Would love to ride it once with my 2 boys just to experience it. We shall see.

How do the other slides rank in order of intensity and which ones will have the longest lines?

^Can't help you there, that was the only thing I was willing to wait in line for when I went (not much of a water park guy and the lines were terrible). But I'm sure that's the most intense thing probably in all of Disney World. You'll have a lot of fun on the tube slides with your kids, the line for Summit Plummet is very long and slow-moving so you may have more fun just watching them go down it (they have bleachers at the bottom for watching all the extreme wedgie-picking action).

^Can't help you there, that was the only thing I was willing to wait in line for when I went (not much of a water park guy and the lines were terrible). But I'm sure that's the most intense thing probably in all of Disney World. You'll have a lot of fun on the tube slides with your kids, the line for Summit Plummet is very long and slow-moving so you may have more fun just watching them go down it (they have bleachers at the bottom for watching all the extreme wedgie-picking action).

Awww dang, my bad. I thought you were describing/disccussing Verruckt at Schlitterbahn, which is where I will be in 2 weeks. Looking back at your posts I see you were describing Summit Plummet.

Has anyone here actually ridden Verruckt yet?

Awww dang, my bad. I thought you were describing/disccussing Verruckt at Schlitterbahn, which is where I will be in 2 weeks. Looking back at your posts I see you were describing Summit Plummet.

I rode it twice on media day. I will say is that it was not an abusive ride.

But the steps are rough. You have to pace yourself and it is easy to get out of breath. If you do get tired you can stop and rest. If you get in trouble there are safety calls every 4 or 6 flights of stairs. Your group is weighed at the bottom and the top of the ride. I assume they are still handing out numbered wrist bands to keep you with your group.

You get in the raft and all you can see is the horizon, when they hit the dispatch button you are on a tilting platform and it dumps you down the slide. You will pick up some quick speed and hit the track which acts as a trim break type system. Once you reach the end of it speed picks up and you reach the bottom of the first hill and start up the second. The water jets are required to get you up and over the hill unless the raft is close to the 550# capacity. You WILL get sprayed from behind. It was tons of fun.

Also if you plan to ride Schlitterbahn posted this on their web site:

Tips

Verrückt, the World’s Tallest Waterslide is now open to guests of Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark.

Due to the popularity of Verrückt, guests who wish to ride will reserve a scheduled ride time when the park opens for the day. This will allow guests to enjoy the other rides and rivers and tube rides and kids areas at Schlitterbahn while they await their turn! Reservations will be made on first come, first served basis. NOTE: Currently demand is greater than the amount of available rides. Come early for the best chance to reserve your ride time.

How do I make reservations?

The line will form at park opening at the bottom of the Verrückt tower. ALL reservations for the day will be taken at this time!

Please arrive with everyone in your group of 2-3 riders. The entire group together must meet the weight and height requirements (every rider must be at least 54 inches tall and your group must weigh between 400-550 pounds – no single rider over 300 pounds) in order to make reservations.

Your group will be assigned a time, and the complete group must report back to the Verrückt tower 30 minutes prior to ride time for briefing.

What if I miss my scheduled time?

Guests who miss a scheduled ride will forfeit their chance to ride, but are welcome to join the standby line.

What is the Standby Line?

Guests who were unable to make a morning reservation are welcome to wait in the standby line for the chance to ride. Standby line will be limited and will close as determined by demand.

- See more at: http://www.schlitterbahn.com/kansas-city/rides/all-new-verruckt#sthash.6S1NIK3l.dpuf

I rode it twice on media day. I will say is that it was not an abusive ride.

But the steps are rough. You have to pace yourself and it is easy to get out of breath. If you do get tired you can stop and rest. If you get in trouble there are safety calls every 4 or 6 flights of stairs. Your group is weighed at the bottom and the top of the ride. I assume they are still handing out numbered wrist bands to keep you with your group.

You get in the raft and all you can see is the horizon, when they hit the dispatch button you are on a tilting platform and it dumps you down the slide. You will pick up some quick speed and hit the track which acts as a trim break type system. Once you reach the end of it speed picks up and you reach the bottom of the first hill and start up the second. The water jets are required to get you up and over the hill unless the raft is close to the 550# capacity. You WILL get sprayed from behind. It was tons of fun.

Thanks for posting this, puts my mind at ease a bit. Just ran a 23 minute 5K this morning so the stairs shouldn't be a problem. Being from Seattle I think my main concern will be worrying about sun burn . Although we are competing with ya'll this week with some temps in the 90's (and no AC).

Wow, that article states a 2 hour wait to sign up for your assigned ride time? I am hoping to get there at opening and get to the sign in station ASAP. Since I will already have 3 riders we won't need to collaborate with others to fill out our party. If anybody attends the park in the next few weeks let me know how this system is working and share any tips you may have.

TIA,

If you get in trouble there are safety calls every 4 or 6 flights of stairs.

'MURICA! We're so fat we can't even walk up stairs without safety features! WHOOOOOO!!!!