TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schlitterbahn Kansas - Verrückt Water Slide

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^But on the news video it still looks like its there, and I assume that is more recent? I have no idea really.

There's definitely something there squeezing the raft about 1/4-1/3 of the way down.

When did they change to 3-person rafts? For some reason I had it in my head they were planning on 4-person rafts. Also, it's hilarious to me to that it has 3-point seatbelts.

Also, it's hilarious to me to that it has 3-point seatbelts.

It is. I feel that what once started as an insane ride with all the freedom of a slide and the drop of a coaster (sort of) is now kind of losing it due to the trims (or whatever they are), nettings, seatbelts,... I almost feel like it is now closer to a coaster than to a water slide, which I suppose wasn't the idea.

Also, it's hilarious to me to that it has 3-point seatbelts.

It is. I feel that what once started as an insane ride with all the freedom of a slide and the drop of a coaster (sort of) is now kind of losing it due to the trims (or whatever they are), nettings, seatbelts,... I almost feel like it is now closer to a coaster than to a water slide, which I suppose wasn't the idea.

You heard it first here, folks: Verruckt is officially a credit!

So here is a scoop for you.

1. 2 to 3 riders per raft

2. No single rider can weigh more than 300#

3. There must be at least 400# and nor more than 550# per raft.

4. Your group will be weighed at the bottom and top of The stairs

Media day was today. The ride is pretty awesome.

So here is a scoop for you.

1. 2 to 3 riders per raft

2. No single rider can weigh more than 300#

3. There must be at least 400# and nor more than 550# per raft.

4. Your group will be weighed at the bottom and top of The stairs

Media day was today. The ride is pretty awesome.

Do you think they'll group people to help hit those weight marks (like with single riders or something)? 400-550lbs isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world to hit. I know for me, if I wasn't at the park by myself I'd be with one other person, and our combined weight wouldn't hit 400lbs (depending on the person I had with me, we'd likely be looking at 340-390). In order to ride, we'd need to add some random third person.

This is funny. So 3 120lb teenage girls will not be able to ride together. They will have to bring along a male or one of their fuller figured friends. Average weight needs to be 133.33333333333lbs.

Us fat guys can hang around the entrance and pick up hot girls that need someone to ride with them.

The wife will not be amused.

Both my boys are under 14 and 70lbs each and I was trying to figure out how to swing getting over there this summer. Oh well maybe in 5 years. Bummer.

Us fat guys can hang around the entrance and pick up hot girls that need someone to ride with them.

The wife will not be amused.

Just about spit coffee all over myself, thanks....

I plan on being there in a few weeks with my 2 boys, 17 and 20. We're all right around 150-160 so that should work our great! The age limit will also cut down on the line length I would imagine.

Edit: I read on another site that age limit is 14 or older and that if you are over the weight limit for 3 people a lighter Schlitterbahn employee will ride with you. What a great summer job that would be! I also see that the ride is not open until noon, I wonder why the later opening? Maybe trying to prevent a stampede to the ride at opening? Hopefully we'll see a few reports from riders today.

Age rules are unenforceable and somewhat unfair. I mean, by unfair, you can have an idiot 15 year old or a smart, rule-abiding 12 year old. And by unenforceable, you can have a 13-year old who looks 14 with no ID to prove that he is not old enough, or a 15-year-old who looks like a 13-year-old.

While I'm not suggesting the ride doesn't look like a hell of a lot of fun, I'm kind of not "getting" all the hype around it. Haven't they essentially built a 168 foot tall log flume? You ride in a pretty large sized looking boat with high seat-backs and seatbelts. The track that you ride it looks very "flume-like." And I'm sure it's a lot of fun, but I'd have to think that the 120-foot tall Summit Plummet, which you ride, completely ON YOUR BACK down the slide looks so much more terrifying to me!

While I'm not suggesting the ride doesn't look like a hell of a lot of fun, I'm kind of not "getting" all the hype around it. Haven't they essentially built a 168 foot tall log flume? You ride in a pretty large sized looking boat with high seat-backs and seatbelts. The track that you ride it looks very "flume-like." And I'm sure it's a lot of fun, but I'd have to think that the 120-foot tall Summit Plummet, which you ride, completely ON YOUR BACK down the slide looks so much more terrifying to me!

Summit Plummet (I haven't ridden on it) looks scarier to me. As well as the trap door slides. This does look cool. I bet it is more impressive in person. :/

I agree. I haven't tried Summit Plummet but that was where I was trying to get earlier. It looks like with all these things that seem to be changes it has lost the "slide feel" which was what made it so terrifying and is now closer to a log flume.

Age rules are unenforceable and somewhat unfair. I mean, by unfair, you can have an idiot 15 year old or a smart, rule-abiding 12 year old. And by unenforceable, you can have a 13-year old who looks 14 with no ID to prove that he is not old enough, or a 15-year-old who looks like a 13-year-old.

I thought the same thing, kids that age don't carry ID (school ID maybe), especially at a water park. I am assuming they are more concerned about the problem of having too light a person on the ride so picked the age of 14. I.E. - they are probably more concerned about weight than age so I would assume a bigger 12 or 13 year old will probably be able to ride if they lie about their age. I personally would just not allow my kids to ride if they were underage, too much liability involved.

Definitely agree. I'm more willing to try this though, don't know if I'd try Summit Plummet, especially since I have 0 experience riding water slides. I'll let ya'll know how brave I am in a few weeks time....

Most log flumes don't have airtime... oh, wait. Yup, it's a log flume.

I'm still mad about the super-neuter. I understand that the original slide was unsafe, but couldn't they redesign the hill in such a way that there's a little airtime? Maybe make the hill just a little less intense and then put up walls and nets like the slide in Italy? That was allowed to operate. I'm sure you could have that much airtime on a 400lb raft and have relatively little flying off the slide. Or would that not affect it, like how "normal" gravity does not depend on weight?

But hey, but if it is a log flume, at least Robb has another ride to sing his song on!

I don't know that I would call it a "track" per say. It felt more like a break run..

It was a lot of fun and I would and will ride again. Even with all the stairs. It was kind of funny watch news people yesterday and how they were doing multiple takes on the first couple of flights. Then by the time they were six flights up they were kind of done...

I don't know that I would call it a "track" per say. It felt more like a break run..

It was a lot of fun and I would and will ride again. Even with all the stairs. It was kind of funny watch news people yesterday and how they were doing multiple takes on the first couple of flights. Then by the time they were six flights up they were kind of done...

How long did you wait in line and how long is the loading process, etc...?

Oh, wait, you didn't ride today did you? When was media day? Just curious how the everyday ride ops are going if anyone can report in. TIA,