TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season Two!

^ I like the Dive Machines, but my issue with Griffon is that it's the same ride twice in a row.... Drop, dive loop, brake... At least the Sheikra clones do something DIFFERENT after the 2nd drop, not the exact same thing you just did.... again!

Was just really not impressed with the layout of that ride.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I like the Dive Machines, but my issue with Griffon is that it's the same ride twice in a row.... Drop, dive loop, brake... At least the Sheikra clones do something DIFFERENT after the 2nd drop, not the exact same thing you just did.... again!

Was just really not impressed with the layout of that ride.

I agree about the layout, but Volcano isn't very unique either. I enjoyed the launch, but the rest was average. I love the Dive Machine first drops though, very intense!

^ I guess for me it's just like, having been on all the Dive Machines in the world, Volcano is at least something "unique..." I mean, I can't think of any other ride with a double launch UP a vertical track like that!

^ I guess for me it's just like, having been on all the Dive Machines in the world, Volcano is at least something "unique..." I mean, I can't think of any other ride with a double launch UP a vertical track like that!

I really did enjoy the launch on Volcano, but I found it average after that. I realky want to see Intamin evolve that coaster type, as I could see it being a big hit at a park like Carowinds which lacks a launch coaster. I guess it's with me only having ridden 106 coasters. You having been on over 1,500 coaster know which are the best and which aren't. Thanks, I'd live to be able to get my coaster count up to the status that yours is one day!

Here's how I would put that list... I left their original numbering and I omitted the two coasters I haven't ridden yet.

Final Standings for Season Two

6. Expedition GeForce

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

7. Maverick

20. iSpeed

9. Skyrush

16. Colossus

19. Katun

15. Superman Escape

13. Superman: Ride of Steel

3. Formula Rossa

8. Dodonpa

17. Volcano, The Blast Coaster

21. Furius Baco

9. Tatsu

25. Blue Fire

23. Behemoth

14. Nitro

11. Griffon

22. Takabisha

11. X2

4. Leviathan

16. Titan

18. Magnum XL-200

24. Tower of Terror II

27. Batwing

I agree with this list. I think Batwing would be at the bottom of everyone's list. I did like Griffon more than Volcano though.

I agree also, except I wouldn't put Volcano that high. Much better than their list.

Here's how I would put that list... I left their original numbering and I omitted the two coasters I haven't ridden yet.

Final Standings for Season Two

6. Expedition GeForce

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

7. Maverick

20. iSpeed

9. Skyrush

16. Colossus

19. Katun

15. Superman Escape

13. Superman: Ride of Steel

3. Formula Rossa

8. Dodonpa

17. Volcano, The Blast Coaster

21. Furius Baco

9. Tatsu

25. Blue Fire

23. Behemoth

14. Nitro

11. Griffon

22. Takabisha

11. X2

4. Leviathan

16. Titan

18. Magnum XL-200

24. Tower of Terror II

27. Batwing

I agree with all that I've ridden, but I definitely preferred Leviathan to Behemoth. The trims on Behemoth just killed the ride for me, and even thought I-305 is by far the best giga that I've ridden, Leviathan was much more exciting than what I assumed from pictures and videos would be a better ride on Behemoth.

Why did X-Flight rank so low? It looked pretty cool to me.

Can anyone who has actually ridden it say what may have made it score so low?

I believe one of the factors people vote on is ride length, so that probably did not help since X-Flight is a very short ride. I also know that even though we filmed that day, nobody asked us to vote as we left the ride, so I don't think those numbers mean much at all if only some riders vote for each ride. Typical "reality" TV. I didn't expect it to win or anything, up against Intamin rides, but it is a fun ride, with a great climax.