TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season Two!

... Survive A Massive Lava Flow On Volcano At King’s Dominion In Doswell, Virginia...

Season Two Continues Sunday July 7th at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. Check Local Listings! Please Note That The Episode May Air At 5:30 p.m. PT For Some HD Markets.

That's why I said Volcano

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda stunned that Volcano ranked higher than Furious Baco.

I've not ridden either, but i've only heard RAVES about Furious Baco, while every time I see mention of Volcano, it's always along the lines of "the initial launch is great, but then you just go around in circles around the mountain"

oh well. . still another good episode, and it really, really makes me want to go to Fuji-Q Highland at some point in my life!

I think Volcano is far superior coaster to Furius Baco. Yes, it might have long lines but even that is less annoying to me than Spanish line jumpers.

... Survive A Massive Lava Flow On Volcano At King’s Dominion In Doswell, Virginia...

Season Two Continues Sunday July 7th at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. Check Local Listings! Please Note That The Episode May Air At 5:30 p.m. PT For Some HD Markets.

That's why I said Volcano

Do you even know what you are talking about???

Great episode tonight. Nice to see some true enthusiasts in this episode including the woman with an X2 tattoo who's ridden that 1600 TIMES and a fellow TPR member Scott on X-Flight who I want to congratulate for getting on this show! This show has definitely made me want to go ride international coasters. Damn shame next week is the last episode.

Still enjoying this series. I can't imagine riding X2 over 1600 times!!! That's definitely eXtreme.

Deathbydinn, how many times did they tape you all riding the coaster? It seems like they tape the folks on the waterslide show about 3-4 times (you can tell by the different angles, wet or dry hair, etc.) but I'm curious about the roller coaster taping details.

^ I can't remember the number of laps we ended up getting, but for the most part it was pretty much constant riding the whole time they were filming, which was about two hours. They reserved one row for the people brought in for rider cam for about half the time, and then it was opened up for everyone. I know they were also at the park the day before, but I think that was just to talk to management and get off ride footage of the parks coasters.

I filmed on X-Flight too, and we got 10 laps that day. I am glad we had brief rests between circuits, because I was pretty nauseated by the end, but had a lot of fun riding with 3 of my kids. We all showed up on the episode too, which was a blast. In Dinn's photo, one of my daughters and I are the third seat back on the right side.

Just saw last night's episode. It had the lowest scoring coasters of all the episodes I've seen with Magnum XL 200 winning with 815 pts. I missed the previous week's episode #206 as my DVR failed me last week. Doesn't anyone know when Travel Channel will repeat this season's episodes (or at least #206)? Also does anyone know the scores for episode #206 ( the one w/ X2, X Flight, Superman Escape in Australia, and iSpeed)? I'm guessing X2 would win with a score of over 900 points but who knows. I was bummed Travel Channel didn't put episodes of Insane Coaster Wars on demand like they do for some of their other shows. All I got was two minute clips on their website. Nothing on Hulu either. Anyone that can post the scores it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Just saw last night's episode. It had the lowest scoring coasters of all the episodes I've seen with Magnum XL 200 winning with 815 pts. I missed the previous week's episode #206 as my DVR failed me last week. Doesn't anyone know when Travel Channel will repeat this season's episodes (or at least #206)? Also does anyone know the scores for episode #206 ( the one w/ X2, X Flight, Superman Escape in Australia, and iSpeed)? I'm guessing X2 would win with a score of over 900 points but who knows. I was bummed Travel Channel didn't put episodes of Insane Coaster Wars on demand like they do for some of their other shows. All I got was two minute clips on their website. Nothing on Hulu either. Anyone that can post the scores it would be much appreciated, thanks.

1. X2 - 843/1000

2. Superman Escape - 830/1000

3. iSpeed - 810/1000

4. X Flight - 734/1000

I'm not gonna post the scores, I'm gonna post the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLktxQL_Ls

Final Standings for Season Two

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

3. Formula Rossa

4. Leviathan

4. Shambhala: Expedición al Himalaya

6. Expedition GeForce

7. Maverick

8. Dodonpa

9. Skyrush

9. Tatsu

11. Griffon

11. X2

13. Superman: Ride of Steel

14. Nitro

15. Superman Escape

16. Colossus

16. Titan

17. Volcano, The Blast Coaster

18. Magnum XL-200

19. Katun

20. iSpeed

21. Furius Baco

22. Takabisha

23. Behemoth

24. Tower of Terror II

25. Blue Fire

26. X-Flight

27. Batwing

I think that some of those rankings are kind of warped, especially Behemoth. 23rd place out of 27 coasters? That can't be right. I've ridden it tons and it's awesome!

Have you listened closely when the "entusiasts" are voting....they read inversion and give it a score on a ride that has none. It is a nice "poll" but far from being an accurate representation with the options in front of them. I think if they actually used coaster related folks it would've had a much different outcome.....

^

Yeah, the only true enthusiast they had on the show was the woman who has ridden X2 1600 times and has an X2 tattoo. Their definition of a coaster enthusiast is someone who has ridden a roller coaster and thought it was ok.

^

Yeah, the only true enthusiast they had on the show was the woman who has ridden X2 1600 times and has an X2 tattoo.

That's true but it also brings a bit of a problem 'cause she said she would just give a score of 100 in every aspect of X2 because it was "her coaster" so that's not entirely fair either.

^

They obviously have some flaws in their scoring system. If there is a season three, they should try to have the same people ride all the rides, it's far-fetched, but it would make the show so much better.

I was at a filming for season three, and I only scored one coaster (The Boss).

I think the scoring system is the best it is ever going to get. I think the winning coaster looked like it deserved the win. There were only a few surprises in the results to me.

I think that some of those rankings are kind of warped, especially Behemoth. 23rd place out of 27 coasters? That can't be right. I've ridden it tons and it's awesome!

I gotta be honest...I wouldn't rank it much higher than that in that list.

Here's how I would put that list... I left their original numbering and I omitted the two coasters I haven't ridden yet.

6. Expedition GeForce

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

7. Maverick

20. iSpeed

9. Skyrush

16. Colossus

19. Katun

15. Superman Escape

3. Formula Rossa

8. Dodonpa

21. Furius Baco

9. Tatsu

25. Blue Fire

23. Behemoth

14. Nitro

11. Griffon

22. Takabisha

11. X2

4. Leviathan

16. Titan

18. Magnum XL-200

24. Tower of Terror II

27. Batwing

Here's how I would put that list... I left their original numbering and I omitted the two coasters I haven't ridden yet.

6. Expedition GeForce

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

7. Maverick

20. iSpeed

9. Skyrush

16. Colossus

19. Katun

15. Superman Escape

3. Formula Rossa

8. Dodonpa

21. Furius Baco

9. Tatsu

25. Blue Fire

23. Behemoth

14. Nitro

11. Griffon

22. Takabisha

11. X2

4. Leviathan

16. Titan

18. Magnum XL-200

24. Tower of Terror II

27. Batwing

I agree with this list. I think Batwing would be at the bottom of everyone's list. I did like Griffon more than Volcano though.