TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season Two!

Honestly, the only quirk about this show is the random rides they pair together. Personally made no sense to me why Tatsu was even on yesterday and why not Leviathan or something.

But overall at least it is something to watch.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I don't understand all the complaining over petty things,

I think mostly because the title of the show was somewhat IMO misleading. It was about Speed coasters right? Tatsu while a great ride only does 62mph far from being considered speed. The Ferrari coaster, Top Thrill, Kingda Ka, Ispeed, I305, MF, Xcelerator would have been much better options to pair together. It just seemed random choices that had little to do with speed. The coasters themselves are fine, IMO they don't belong together in the same rankings I guess you could say.

To me it would be like Car and Driver doing an article about fast cars and having a Corvette ZR1, Ford F250 Super Duty Pickup, Toyota Camry and a Honda Pilot SUV, all in a "shootout".

While I did very much love last night's episode, I do have to agree that Tatsu made no sense being in the episode.

I think an accelerator coaster could have been used instead.

That is the only strange/confusing thing this year: the pairings of coasters.

At least next episode will feature coasters VERY similar, apparently they will all have a 305-foot height.

I think mostly because the title of the show was somewhat IMO misleading. It was about Speed coasters right?

On my Tivo It said the episode "featured" the world's fastest coaster, but it never said this was about "speed" coasters. This season isn't grouping similar coasters together, but instead it's putting four coasters, each of which have received very high critical praise, against each other.

Formula Rossa, while unable to be ranked in the Mitch Hawker poll due to the amount of riders it had, might be the fastest, but do you think it would beat out Shambhala which ranked at #6 in the world? Tatsu is the world's longest, tallest, and fastest flying coaster Superman has been in the top 20 steel coasters in the world for nearly 10 years.

I don't see what the issue is here. These are all four REALLY SOLID rides.

As far as this episode being about "Speed", that's not something that I felt was ever communicated, but perhaps you just misinterpreted it?

I feel like a broken record when I keep having to tell people that a show like this is NOT specifically aimed at people who would be die-hards or members of this forum. It's for the "general public" and giving them a wider variety of coasters, from different locations all over the world, just makes a lot more sense to me.

I think mostly because the title of the show was somewhat IMO misleading. It was about Speed coasters right?

On my Tivo It said the episode "featured" the world's fastest coaster, but it never said this was about "speed" coasters. This season isn't grouping similar coasters together, but instead it's putting four coasters, each of which have received very high critical praise, against each other.

Formula Rossa, while unable to be ranked in the Mitch Hawker poll due to the amount of riders it had, might be the fastest, but do you think it would beat out Shambhala which ranked at #6 in the world? Tatsu is the world's longest, tallest, and fastest flying coaster Superman has been in the top 20 steel coasters in the world for nearly 10 years.

I don't see what the issue is here. These are all four REALLY SOLID rides.

As far as this episode being about "Speed", that's not something that I felt was ever communicated, but perhaps you just misinterpreted it?

I feel like a broken record when I keep having to tell people that a show like this is NOT specifically aimed at people who would be die-hards or members of this forum. It's for the "general public" and giving them a wider variety of coasters, from different locations all over the world, just makes a lot more sense to me.

I agree. When I saw the list of roller coasters to be featured, I thought, "WOW! For the first time on the show I really have no clue which one will win!"

The reason I think people were somewhat "misled" is because the title of the episode, according to my DVR and Charter, was "World's Fastest Coasters".

These coaster shows are great. They're sometimes very informative for us enthusiasts, but even more important IMO, they inform the GP, so we don't have to make quite so many face palms per day... Then again, our "Weirdest Things the GP Have Said" may not be quite so large because of that.

Never thought I'd see the Valencia Town Center and Abu Dhabi in the same TV show!

And, to echo the point, while shows like these are primarily for GP, they are MUCH better than watching some dude call out coaster elements & proclaim every coaster we watch him ride as "my new #1!" over & over again.

The description on Time Warner listing was "Worlds Fastest Coasters" I kind of thought I would see at least alittle about the top five fastest coasters in the world.

Just saw the first episode of the new season on my DVR yesterday and I really liked the format and scoring system they are using this season much better than the one they used the first season. Last season's coaster rating system seemed pretty random. I liked the fact that different coasters from around the globe are being featured, and I've been on two of the coasters featured in the first episode: Tatsu and Shambhala. Overall, I think the new season of Insane Coaster Wars is much better and I look forward to seeing more of season 2.

Have just seen the episode and, although I've not got much to compare as I've only ridden shambhala, I do like this new voting system better than the old one too. Looking forward to the rest of the season, saw some nice coasters showing up in the beginning, should be interesting.

Just watched my episode (hey. . i've been really busy with work and catching up after I was gone on Vacation for two weeks).

really liked the episode, LOVED that they show the towns/cities that each park is located in -- only briefly, but still rather cool.

I was rooting for Superman: Ride of Steel, and was actually surprised it scored so low against Tatsu -- a ride I thought was inferior.

I haven't been overseas, so only have seen Formula Rossa on youtube, but even in hi-def, it looked a bit dull to me. I guess when riding it in person, the speed really adds to the excitement.

(one day, one day.. . Abu Dhabi is on my bucket list for a vacation stop).

but good job to all involved, and nice to see Robb back on my TV. (where's Elissa tho???? will she be showing up in the future?).

Enjoyed the 2nd episode of Insane Coaster Wars, happy that I-305 won, though I think Blue Fire should've done better than Tower of Terror. The one thing I kept cracking up at (unless I'm terribly mistaken) was the "G-Force" readings on Titan: -1.5g's on the airtime hill.

I have a few comments:

1. For all the confusion about the titles of the episodes, they describe one of the coasters in the episode, not all of them. In "World's Fastest Coaster", Formula Rossa was featured. In "305-Foot Terror Machine", Intimidator 305 was featured. But no other 305-foot tall coasters were featured.

2. The coasters against each other have nothing to do with each other, and while some people think that makes no sense, I think it makes the show more interesting to watch. If you don't like launched coasters (but IDK why anybody would IMO), you don't have to sit through 4 coasters that don't interest you. It is a nice variety.

3. I saw that there won't be a top 10 episode. This could be because season 2 and 3 are both going to be international and have an identical scoring system, so they could just do the top 10 of both seasons combined.

4. Blue Fire looked like a better coaster than Titan and Tower of Terror IMO. But I guess ToT is a adrenaline-pumping coaster that impressed the riders.

5. Why does Tower of Terror only go halfway up its tower? Or did the show just not have a good off-ride angle of the ride?

Never thought I'd see the Valencia Town Center and Abu Dhabi in the same TV show!

OMG! I thought the exact same thing!!! LOL

Well, Valencia is Awesometown!

Why does Tower of Terror only go halfway up its tower? Or did the show just not have a good off-ride angle of the ride?

It does only go just over halfway up the tower. Trust me, I've ridden it a dozen or so times! I don't know what it is, but it really loses momentum as the car hurtles up the tower, unlike S:EFK which seems to develop some really good hangtime. The show really exaggerated the hangtime on ToT - in reality there is almost no hangtime! I have seen ToT with an empty car during testing, and it does go perhaps 70% of the way up the tower, maybe even 80% on a really good day. When it's full though, you're lucky to go more than 60% up of the tower. Having said that, the flashing lights and the incredibly loud noise echoing throughout the tunnel makes ToT quite a lot better than its counterpart at SFMM in my opinion.

The one thing I kept cracking up at (unless I'm terribly mistaken) was the "G-Force" readings on Titan: -1.5g's on the airtime hill.

That's right, isn't it? I mean, I suppose titan's airtime hill is similar to goliath's and everyone agrees that it only provides some floater air and, as far as I'm concerned, that means between 0 and -0.5 G. I find quite strange how a tv series like this can make such an exaggerated claim, and it's not something that's subjective like how good it is, it is something mesurable. Still, enjoyed the episode, overall, and I was surprised to see blue fire last.

The one thing I kept cracking up at (unless I'm terribly mistaken) was the "G-Force" readings on Titan: -1.5g's on the airtime hill.

That's right, isn't it? I mean, I suppose titan's airtime hill is similar to goliath's and everyone agrees that it only provides some floater air and, as far as I'm concerned, that means between 0 and -0.5 G. I find quite strange how a tv series like this can make such an exaggerated claim, and it's not something that's subjective like how good it is, it is something mesurable. Still, enjoyed the episode, overall, and I was surprised to see blue fire last.

If you noticed when the train was going over the airtime hill, the vest started to lift up over the guy's face and he suddenly pushed it back down. That could have caused the false -1.5 reading right there.