TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

OKC Tornado

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reports are coming in about it, so no.

No reports are coming in about it means, you have no definitive answer.

Probably best to wait for someone in the Oklahoma City area (maybe even a park employee) to confirm whether there was any damage or not.

No reports are coming in about it, so no.

No reports are coming in about it means, you have no definitive answer.

Probably best to wait for someone in the Oklahoma City area (maybe even a park employee) to confirm whether there was any damage or not.

Good idea. The park was closed today so any way there is no way of knowing.

The big tornado was nowhere near FC. There have been so many in the area that it's hard to say if they got any storm damage, but it's very unlikely that they've been hit badly or I would have heard about it. The big tornado was south of OKC in the south part of a suburb called Moore. FC is in the northeastern part of OKC.

The new waterpark in moore might have sustained some heavy damage though.

^That's pretty crazy, you could actually see it that clearly from the park!

About twenty miles between the park and the path of the tornado. This is probably going to end up being one of the worst tornadoes in modern history.

The pic Steve posted must have been from a different Tornado since that is looking North from Diamondback. The big one was way South. There were several tornado North of the park yesterday, and possibly more today. Edmond, a city just a bit north of the park, was hit pretty bad already yesterday and probably got it again today.

The pic is from Sunday. My friend who works at frontier city posted it then. It is taken facing north. Moore is about 25 minutes south of FC. the new water park in Moore wasn't hit either. The beautiful Moore Warren theater was damaged though. I live in Moore and missed by less than two miles. I could see it from my trampoline. I have shingles, shredded paper and insulation in my yard. Luckily my kid was already home from school. We watched them pull his best friend from the rubble on TV. A preschool kid. I drove down 19th which isn't as bad as 4th to check on my nephew. The briarwood school that they aren't saying much about is in much worse shape than the one the kids died at. They said they took shelter underground and drown. Its absolutely terrible.

The pic is from Sunday. My friend who works at frontier city posted it then. It is taken facing north. Moore is about 25 minutes south of FC. the new water park in Moore wasn't hit either. The beautiful Moore Warren theater was damaged though. I live in Moore and missed by less than two miles. I could see it from my trampoline. I have shingles, shredded paper and insulation in my yard. Luckily my kid was already home from school. We watched them pull his best friend from the rubble on TV. A preschool kid. I drove down 19th which isn't as bad as 4th to check on my nephew. The briarwood school that they aren't saying much about is in much worse shape than the one the kids died at. They said they took shelter underground and drown. Its absolutely terrible.

Stay safe.

EF5 damage has been spotted by the National Weather Service. I'm not surprised though. It's not everyday a lark tank the size of a freight car is hurled half a mile and multiple bricked elementary schools are absolutely destroyed.

Debris has been found as far away as Branson, quite the epic storm

We actually had a different tornado from that same storm system a little south of Table Rock Lake along the MO/AR border and most of southwest MO was under a tornado watch, and several counties a tornado warning, most of the night. It's possible debris was carried that far; the storm was moving about 55 MPH and hit us about 5 hours or so after Oklahoma City. Amazing things, tornadoes. I know how Joplin looked last year; Moore seems about the same from the pictures I've seen.