TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do YOU plan to do with Theme Park Studio?

If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it or close this topic. The Kickstarter campaign was sucsessfully funded so that means Theme Park Studio will be a dream turned into a reality! Out of sheer curiosity, I must ask, what do you plan to make with this new game? My offical plan for Theme Park Studio is to completley remake my first major RCT3 park, King's Paradise. I feel like TPS will give me the oppurtunity to do things with Kings Paradise (or any park really) that we can't do with RCT3 despite all the cool Custom content that people made.

So, what are your plans for TPS?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to this, once the Theme Park Studio beta is out and about within the 800-or-so Kickstarter backers who will be participating, we'll work in "official" stuff in the forum with threads and game exchange categories.

If I can render out using Mental Ray or Unity, I can definitely see myself doing wonderful things with this application.

I've had a dream park I've been toying with the idea of creating in RCT3 for a year or so, but held back on because I wasn't sure the game's limits would let me do what I really wanted to with it. If TPS is as good as it promises to be, that won't be an issue any more...

So, long story short, the whole idea of this park is one where each themed world tells a story, from beginning to end, if a guest were to go through every attraction along the looping path (or to read the story off the plaques provided if they wanted to avoid a ride). Possibly impractical for a real park, sure, but this isn't real, it's a game, so impossible fantasy works just fine...

I really don't think that TPS is technically a "game" like the Roller Coaster Tycoon series or the Thrillvilles were, but more of a tool to make virtual amusement parks that you build and you control. Granted, coaster construction looks ten times easier than No Limits (and even Newton) but ten times more detailed than RCT3. I figure it's kind of a combination between Hyper-Rails and Ultimate Ride Coaster Deluxe, which I absolutley loved as a kid. (I really wish that TPS has an editable soundtrack where I could add those really spacey "Build Mode" soundracks from URCD )

But by any name, I'd say that I would consider Theme Park Studio to be more of a "Roller Coaster Tycoon 4" than i'll even consider ThrillVille to be.

Um not sure if I will play with the custom flat creator first or create some coasters that the limited track selection in rct3 prevented me from making.

Either way I can't wait for the beta to open!

• 4 months later...

Defnitely the first coaster I create with TPS is either a Vekoma Boomerang or an Arrow Corskrew. This way if my transitions are bad it will only be closer to the real thing ! After, the first coaster I want to create is a Mack Launched. Once I'll be a little handy with the coaster creator, I will start to make a park with a few themed zones.

I also hope I'll be able to use some of the more advanced features quickly, like the custom train or flats creators, and even maybe make tutorials on Youtube about modelling and using those advanced features !

I really want to make a bobsled or spinner that interacts with a building to insane levels. The building engine looks like a much better system than any other coaster program.

Does that means you want to recreate Disaster Transport ?