TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point in late May, First trip for me!

markysharky17

I live in Florida and am going with my dad on a business trip to Cleveland Ohio and I am going to Cedar Point on 25th and 26th of May. I have never been to Ohio and am 14 years old. I am going with my dad and he has never been to Ohio either. Will the park be crowded on the dates that I go? How long will the lines be? What should I ride first? How should I make my way around the park? Also where is a good place to stay when i am by the park that is not to expensive? Any tips or any other information about going to the park?

The only other Cedar Fair park I have been to is Dorney Park. Does it compare to Cedar Points crowds? I love coasters!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's Memorial Day weekend. Be prepared for crowds for sure. BUY FAST LANE!!!!

If you stay at one of the CP owned hotels (and they have everything from cheap to expensive), you'll get in to the park early.

I will be going to Cedar Point for the first time on Saturday June 8th. I hate the idea of going on a Saturday but that is my only option for my cousin. I'm not purchasing a fast lane pass but I'm wondering if it is a good idea to stay at the breakers express and get early access to the park. How much can I get done in the one hour and what should I aim to do in that time. Also when the park opens is there a good way to do the park in order to minimize waiting in lines? I'm guessing everyone will be going to Gatekeeper fist since it is new and at the entrance. Thanks.

People tend to underestimate how MASSIVE CP is, and all of the Early Entry rides are pretty spread out. I'd say that you should enter through the Resort Entrance and head immediately to TTD and then book it towards either Maverick or MF. Chances are with it being a Saturday and the amount of walking you'll be doing just to get between rides, I doubt you'll be able to hit more than two or three coasters in that hour. It's honestly a much better deal to buy two Fast Lane wristbands for a total of $140 then to spend $540 for a two-night stay at Breakers Express and only get an hour of early entry. You will get far more accomplished with Fast Lane.

Breakers express is only about 300 for 2 nights. Breakers is about 540 but I'm not staying there. I'd be willing to do fast lane but the 2 others I'm goin with are not so that's out unfortunately. I also may be goin on friday now instead but don't know for sure yet.

Well if you're driving a long way and have to stay the night regardless, then definitely stay on property, since all of the Sandusky hotels are pretty dumpy. But if the only reason you're staying at Breakers Express and spending the night is for the early entry, then it's not worth it. Just get Fast Lane and forgo staying the night.